Hifiman HE1000-SE
Jan 11, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #241 of 5,112
Anybody try a Hugo 2 with both a HEK V2 and SE? Nothing wrong with volume for me, but wondering if the extra sensitivity has a dramatic effect on the sound or not. Upgrade is a lot of $$$, and I kind of like the color scheme of the V2, and of course, I don't have a problem with volume. I do feel like they could fall apart one day... the left earcup holder has become loosish (still quite secure though). First post!

Jan 11, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #242 of 5,112
Anybody try a Hugo 2 with both a HEK V2 and SE? Nothing wrong with volume for me, but wondering if the extra sensitivity has a dramatic effect on the sound or not. Upgrade is a lot of $$$, and I kind of like the color scheme of the V2, and of course, I don't have a problem with volume. I do feel like they could fall apart one day... the left earcup holder has become loosish (still quite secure though). First post!

My hinges constantly squeak AND my teflon inserts are not properly aligned. It's crazy how little effort HiFiMAN puts into their craftsmanship. It looks like the new headbands are an improvement though.

Jan 13, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #243 of 5,112
@chimney189 it seems like Hifiman may have upped their attention to craftsmanship with the HEKse as mine are perfect fit and finish. I don’t think I’ve read anyone else having any issues with theirs either. One thing that’s really important to me is that the hinges move smoothly and they do.

Jan 13, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #245 of 5,112
@chimney189 it seems like Hifiman may have upped their attention to craftsmanship with the HEKse as mine are perfect fit and finish. I don’t think I’ve read anyone else having any issues with theirs either. One thing that’s really important to me is that the hinges move smoothly and they do.
+1

Jan 14, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #246 of 5,112

Same here, my SEs are quite impressive.

Jan 14, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #248 of 5,112
Absolutely nothing wrong with either my HE1KV2 or Susvara in regards to build quality.
The cables they come with (which I don't use) are another story, though.

I just ordered full headband. It's $125 + $10 shipping. The cables are ridiculous as well.. very cheap feeling, although they are easy to handle.

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #250 of 5,112
My XLR cable clicked so badly where the cable ends go into the connectors on the headphone end whenever I moved on the HE1KV2 that I sent it in for an exchange and got a worse one back in return. Same thing on the Susvara, but I didn't send it in, I bought a WireWord which fits both headphones.

Jan 14, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #251 of 5,112
Jan 16, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #253 of 5,112
I think it will be a bit more lively once more reviews come out, and maybe if the price comes down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back