1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hifiman HE1000-SE

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ufospls2, Aug 10, 2018.
First

Back
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
78 79 80 81 82 83 84
Next

Last
  1. GU1DO
    Can you explain why you are having doubts ?

2. GU1DO
    I ordred the HiFiman Arya today for really good discount , cant wait to compare it to my HE-1000 SE

kid vic likes this.
  3. SteveM324
    The Silvergarde S3-C is $250 less than the Silvergarde S3 but it’s not the same. The Silvergarde S3 is Norne’s TOTL cable. The S3-C was developed for portable use. I’m a long time customer of Trevor, and I originally ordered the “C” but he called me and told me to go with S3 so that I won’t be wanting to upgrade because I will have his best. He told me a lot of his customers like the clear look of the “C” but the S3 remains his best sounding cable. This came from Trevor, not me. The S3 is a fantastic cable, it broke all my long time beliefs that silver was bright. I own 3 Silvergarde S3 cables and they’re my favorite cables of all the cables that I own or have borrowed.

4. franz12
    That is an exact reason why I ordered the C version. If I feel there are enough differences compared to the stock cable, I might take another plunge, but we will see. At this moment, all I want is to add a bit more definition to sounds without adding any harshness, if possible.

5. sean-xenos
    It took HiFiMAN / Dr. Fang Bian many years of R&D starting with the HE-5 in 2007 to produce such an excellent headphone as the HE-1000 SE.
    The HE-1000 SE is the third iteration of the original HE-1000 and quite an improvement.
    HEDD Audio is just starting now with their own first prototype and it seems to me that they have very limited resources.....
    The rest could be discussed in one of the two HEDDphone threads if there was any reaction by the initial poster of the first experiences thread or the company itself (which I contacted twice) but there isn't any up to now.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    GU1DO likes this.
  6. mixman

No disrespect to Trevor, but I am going to tend to believe description on his website, especially looking at the specs of the two cables, which are quite similar. If you would never talk to Trevor this is what you would be lead to believe and I am sure most do not talk to him. Here is the quote form the description of the S3-C:

"For those that prefer their Silvergarde without the textile design and sleeving we have developed a counterpart to the series. Utilizing the ever flexible TPU clear jacket with 21awg pure silver occ litz (cotton core) per conductor the S3-C delivers the same end-game transparency and detail with a clear and streamlined profile. Delivering the ultimate level of refinement for both the best home and more portable based systems."

I am thinking this is the true nature of the cable, the rest is marketing.

7. mixman
    Yes let me know how that goes as I am thinking of upgrading my HEX V2 to an Arya. I will loose the ability to easily drive it for more resolution and more accuracy. Hopefully the Arya doesn't have an irritating frequency response compared to the HEX.

tunes and GU1DO like this.
  8. SteveM324
    I’m opposite, I believe the man behind the company, not the marketing on his site. Especially when he calls me to discuss what my expectations are from his cables. That tells me he cares about his customers. He also offered me an incredible deal on the S3 to try it. You can believe whatever you want, I don’t care.

9. Tekunda
    Have you ever contacted the company for a pre production audition like you intended to do?

10. sean-xenos
    Yes, twice. I even made suggestions for auditioning appointments after their first reply.
    After the " First impressions of the HEDD Electrodynamic Designs HEDDphone prototype" thread popped up on May 28th the company has not answered again up to now.
    Either they aren't interested anymore or they have so limited resources that they can't offer an auditioning appointment anytime soon.
    My impression is that the company doesn't use any kind of seperate headphone amp for R&D,
    has tested only single-ended use for now (single-ended output from an RME Fireface DAC) and doesn't provide any options to drive their prototype balanced / symmetrical.
    That's really far-off from my intended usage... and not really a high end setting imho.
    I do believe that their Air Motion Transformer has a lot of potential, but it's a long way from a rough diamond to a refined high end product.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  11. sean-xenos
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    JaZZ likes this.
  12. GU1DO
    Did anybody had the chance to compare between the (Danacable Lazuli Reference) and (Kimber Axios) cables ?
    I like my Sony Kimber Kable but its not enough anymore because it is not balanced cable and i upgraded to balanced amp.

13. Zowie1
    I would like to know has anyone compared HE1000SE versions of Lavricables' Grand 20 Core and Norne Audio Silvergarde S3 (or with other headphones)?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    llamaluv likes this.
  14. sean-xenos
    Did anyone try to contact the customer support of Hifiman lately?

I tried to register my HE-1000 SE online via their webform and it took me five attempts before they finally accepted the data.

Then the message appeared that Hifiman customer service would contact me to complete the registration but nothing happened since ....

Seems like a sloppy customer service for a 3000$+ headphone to me ...

15. TeamHiFiMAN
    @sean-xenos
    Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you please email us at customerservice@hifiman.com so that we can look into what’s happened and confirm the registration for you.

Thank you!

April

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
    Articnoise and sean-xenos like this.
First

Back
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
78 79 80 81 82 83 84
Next

Last