Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jun 13, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #10,201 of 14,622
Ho5tgUK.jpg

Hi Folks,
I am a bit late to the party, but better late than never.
Due to the open box offer I finally pulled the trigger, two weeks after I purchased an Arya, which were already fantastic but the HE1000V2 is even better.
I simply love these cans. So open, so detailed.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #10,202 of 14,622
Ho5tgUK.jpg

Hi Folks,
Due to the open box offer I finally pulled the trigger, two weeks after I purchased an Arya, which were already fantastic but the HE1000V2 is even better.
Good looking cans. I’m seriously thinking about repurchasing these after trading my HEKse‘s. I have the Susvara’s and the HEKse’s do have some similarities but the HEK V2’s are slightly warmer with a more lush but detailed tonality. They sound a lot different than both the Susvara’s and HEKse’s and I like that about them.

Jun 13, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #10,203 of 14,622
Ho5tgUK.jpg

Hi Folks,
Never too late to join the HEK V2 party!

Jun 13, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #10,206 of 14,622
Is the sound stage depth height and width similar between the HEKV2 and HEKse??
I sold my HEKv2 soon after I bought my HEKse so I can’t A/B them now. But IIRC, dimensions were similar, possibly slightly bigger from v2. But to me, the bigger difference was the more full mids from the ‘se which made the ‘v2 headstage more open/airy sounding.

Jun 13, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #10,207 of 14,622
Is the sound stage depth height and width similar between the HEKV2 and HEKse??
I have not yet heard an SE, so I can't speak to it. I would like to audition an HE1000se myself, but it is more of a curiosity at this time as I am very pleased with the V2.

Jun 13, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #10,208 of 14,622
I sold my HEKv2 soon after I bought my HEKse so I can’t A/B them now. But IIRC, dimensions were similar, possibly slightly bigger from v2. But to me, the bigger difference was the more full mids from the ‘se which made the ‘v2 headstage more open/airy sounding.
That is kind of what I recall about the HEK V2’s in comparison to the HEKse’s. The HEKse’s were more balanced sounding across the frequency spectrum and they are also faster. The HEK V2’s sound fuller and richer. They don’t have the speed of HEKse’s so notes have a slower decay and bass is not as tight. It’s a trade off I’m willing to make since I have the Susvara’s. I just remember me liking the HEK V2’s sound more than I did my LCD-4 I had at the same time. I ended up trading both in for the Susvara’s.

Jun 17, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #10,209 of 14,622
Hey all!

Has anyone tried those sheepskin and/or pleather HE1000 pads from eBay? Just curious!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/133500017164

I've seen others with 3M tape on the back like Audeze pads.

Jun 18, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #10,210 of 14,622
Jun 18, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #10,211 of 14,622
Any dealer in Chicago with HEKSE? I don’t want to trade in my HEKv1 until I know for sure I like HEKSE.

Jun 18, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #10,212 of 14,622
Any dealer in Chicago with HEKSE? I don’t want to trade in my HEKv1 until I know for sure I like HEKSE.
I just traded my HEKse's and I'm thinking hard about going back to the HEK V2's. Definitely get a good long listen to the HEKse's before making the switch. There are things to like about both headphones. In my case, I have the Susvara's and the HEK V2's sound a lot different from those. Whereas the HEKse's have some similarities to the Susvara's.

Jun 18, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #10,213 of 14,622
Oh boy. Don’t fix if it ain’t broken applies here I guess. Now I think I need an in home demo 😂

Aug 9, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #10,214 of 14,622
Never too late to join the HEK V2 party!
Until last week I was stuck for way too long,with exactly the same type mini-jack but definitely NOT optimal stock cable as in your photo,for my HEKV2 after having three other stock cables die on me.
But now I have connected an OFC upgrade cable that has taken my HEKV2 into what I remember as Susvara territory.

Wow! Fuller, warmer even more detailed and not even a hint of sibilance or overbrightness or thinness that the mini-jack stock cable suffered from.
The orginal full size stock cables where ok and better than the mini-jack one,but now ...Wow...
I was not prepared for or at all expecting such a big improvement.

I am SO HAPPY with the SQ of my HEKV2 after this change/upgrade, that I both happily returned the HEDDphone I had on home loan for a month, and do not even see any need for a Susvara.
For those who claim that cables do not really matter I have one thing to say: They do not know what they are talking about.
I have never heard my HEKV2 sound this good before!
150USD for the new 9 feet OFC cable, and it is like having made a major headphone upgrade while still having the same headphones as before!
Cheers CC

Aug 9, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #10,215 of 14,622
Is that a home made cable upgrade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back