Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
May 9, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #9,302 of 14,619
People do have complaints, but static is not one of them. Likely a defective pair. It happens (look over at the Elear thread, they were being returned at quite a rate for a while).

May 9, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #9,303 of 14,619
People do have complaints, but static is not one of them. Likely a defective pair. It happens (look over at the Elear thread, they were being returned at quite a rate for a while).

My guess is they are defective, two different sources and 3 different cables with the same results, I'll request a replacement. I wanted to try Hifiman and compare to the Utopia. I'm finding the Utopia kind of boring these days and my LCD-4 is up for sale.

Last edited:
May 13, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #9,304 of 14,619
Hi Guys,

Havent been on the forum since the redesign, im trying to find the "Hifiman's Lucky Upgrade Opportunity" thread, but even when using the link from my email it's not coming up.
Anyone know what happened?

May 13, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #9,305 of 14,619
Hi Guys,

Havent been on the forum since the redesign, im trying to find the "Hifiman's Lucky Upgrade Opportunity" thread, but even when using the link from my email it's not coming up.
Anyone know what happened?
I think it is over and done with now. Probably the link fails due to the forum software change. Try a search.

I subscribe, but have seen nothing on there for weeks.. Months if you discount the fact that some winners check in to ask if anyone else has gotten their upgrade.

May 13, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #9,306 of 14,619
I think it is over and done with now. Probably the link fails due to the forum software change. Try a search.

I subscribe, but have seen nothing on there for weeks.. Months if you discount the fact that some winners check in to ask if anyone else has gotten their upgrade.

Maybe this will ease your mind...

May 13, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #9,307 of 14,619
It is over, not likely to be many more posts there from now on.

May 14, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #9,308 of 14,619
May 14, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #9,309 of 14,619
That reviewer is dead WRONG in so many way, that's what I'm going to say.

v2 is just a sidegrade? Whatever...

I never had the V1 so I cannot comment. I can say however, that I'm very very happy with the v2.

May 14, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #9,310 of 14,619
so.... Microzotl 2 y'all!

https://www.lineartubeaudio.com/products/mz2mz2-s

It's not balanced... but it seems sexy, massive power and all? I remember it being mentioned in passing as a source for the HEK, but nothing as concrete as the auralic taurus recommendation. I'm now beginning to veer away from schiit since they don't seem to produce an amp that's actually top notch good for HEK but the auralic seems too expensive.

May 14, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #9,311 of 14,619
Was always happy with mine, others have used ZOTL2 with HEK and also been happy.

Last edited:
May 17, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #9,312 of 14,619
The right driver on my v2 stop to sound
Contacted hifiman on Friday
They reply on Monday morning asking for receipt that I can't find (it was a gift from some ex colleagues)
All these on Monday
From there they stop to answer

May 17, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #9,313 of 14,619
I am intrigued by the HE1000 V2 because of the consensus that is very lightweight and comfortable and some say performs almost to the level of the mighty Utopia.

A few questions:
(1) is the HE1000 v2 picky with amps and generally difficult to drive? I usually use a Violectric V100 for solid state, which should have more than enough power, but don't know if anyone has experience pairing it with Violectric amps (I also have a Feliks Elise as a tube amp);
(2) any problems with build quality? Is it premium feeling? I see some complaints about that aspect and that's always seems to be the main gripe about HiFiMan.
(3) does it justify the price difference over the Edition X?

May 17, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #9,314 of 14,619
I am intrigued by the HE1000 V2 because of the consensus that is very lightweight and comfortable and some say performs almost to the level of the mighty Utopia.

A few questions:
(1) is the HE1000 v2 picky with amps and generally difficult to drive? I usually use a Violectric V100 for solid state, which should have more than enough power, but don't know if anyone has experience pairing it with Violectric amps (I also have a Feliks Elise as a tube amp);
(2) any problems with build quality? Is it premium feeling? I see some complaints about that aspect and that's always seems to be the main gripe about HiFiMan.
(3) does it justify the price difference over the Edition X?

All of these issues have been discussed extensively in this thread. You may want to try utilizing the search function. :)

May 17, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #9,315 of 14,619
All of these issues have been discussed extensively in this thread. You may want to try utilizing the search function. :)

Ordinarily thats great advice. However, the search function is not available for searching within specific threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back