Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Apr 3, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #2,851 of 14,624
Has this effect been eliminated or improved? Can you refer to this in head localization effect that I describe?

I wouldn't say the HE1000 sounded "inside the head," the way most IEM's do, but the soundstage is not as expansive as the SR009 or HD800, though more precise/focused. I did not hear any issues with timbre in either headphone in thr comparison. Tone/timbre was not terribly different between the two.

Apr 3, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #2,853 of 14,624
Quote:Iron Dreamer
 In this post SoCal CanJam listening session, Edwood and I were able to compare the latest HE1000 prototype and EF1000 with the Stax SR009 and Headamp BHSE (both with stock tubes).

There's the rub, folks.

Different tubes would give a whole plethora of different experiences.

There's been some who have stated that a tube change from stock for the BHSE makes for a better experience.

But, as in all these matters, - - - YMMV    
wink_face.gif

Apr 3, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #2,854 of 14,624
Different tubes would give a whole plethora of different experiences.

Possibly, however, that goes for both amps involved. Also, even if a tube change would have say equalized the microdetail, the comparison still says quite a bit about the potential of the HE1000.

Apr 3, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #2,856 of 14,624
  That goes without saying.
Yep, those HE-1000 sound impressive.

Still, I wonder about the reliability of them.

Probably there is no one who is not interested in that verdict.
But I guess this is out at least a year from shipping of actual production samples. With a completely new diaphragm material in this application that should be high performance and which is at the same time exposed to constant change of humidity, possibly sweat, the answer to this one is critical.

Apr 3, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #2,857 of 14,624
  Probably there is no one who is not interested in that verdict.
But I guess this is out at least a year from shipping of actual production samples. With a completely new diaphragm material in this application that should be high performance and which is at the same time exposed to constant change of humidity, possibly sweat, the answer to this one is critical.

if you watched the super long planar panel from ces, dr. fang stated that he tests his headphones for humidity by pouring water on the diaphragms & then drying them out to see if they still work hahah. pretty sure humidity won't be an issue for hifiman heapdhones.

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #2,859 of 14,624
Just wondering, is reliability still a problem with Hifiman headphones? At least I haven't really heard about serious problems with the HE-400i and the HE-560 (their newest products).

chinese companies get a bad rep. also, their materials used do not feel as luxurious. all headphones will have some duds. ive seen quite a complaints of technical issues [broken connector, dead driver, cosmetic issues] w the el-8, but audeze is an american company and their products feel premium, so no one questions their reliability.

honestly, from all the planar magnetic threads I've been following, it wld seem like Oppo stuff has the least issues if judging solely from frequency of posts complaining abt an issue. hahah that a not very accurate measurement of course.

Apr 4, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #2,860 of 14,624
chinese companies get a bad rep. also, their materials used do not feel as luxurious. all headphones will have some duds. ive seen quite a complaints of technical issues [broken connector, dead driver, cosmetic issues] w the el-8, but audeze is an american company and their products feel premium, so no one questions their reliability.

honestly, from all the planar magnetic threads I've been following, it wld seem like Oppo stuff has the least issues if judging solely from frequency of posts complaining abt an issue. hahah that a not very accurate measurement of course.

I have to disagree about that Money. Many people are questioning Audeze’s headphones because problem with driver reliability and cracking woods. I am one of them. Hifiman has all kinds of problem with their headphones as well, so if looking for a phone with no Q issue may be better to look somewhere else or do like me and cross my fingers.

Apr 6, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #2,862 of 14,624
Great stuff, thanks Mulder and Jude. This is Head-Fi community not $ Fi.

Apr 6, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #2,863 of 14,624

Comfortable and my early impressions were positive. Open cans and show conditions are not a great thing though. Looking forward to some alone time with the HE1000's

Apr 6, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #2,864 of 14,624
+1 here, found that I need to live with a headphone over a period of time before I can really form solid conclusions at this level so I have ordered mine from the 1st batch.

Apr 6, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #2,865 of 14,624
  +1 here, found that I need to live with a headphone over a period of time before I can really form solid conclusions at this level so I have ordered mine from the 1st batch.

CanJam was an expensive show..LOL....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back