Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Dec 8, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #8,612 of 14,627
It could be the pads making the difference I hear; I just don't know I guess. They are also more comfortable than the V1, lighter and the headband fits better.
I was going to try the Utopia, but now I will hold off on that with the success of these.
I mentioned the Stax SR007 (mk 2.5). I detect a resemblance in the sound signature (in many aspects). Fans of the Stax may want to try the HEK V2.

Dec 8, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #8,613 of 14,627

Fans of the Stax may want to try the HEK V2.

Fans of the Stax will definitely want to try the Utopias  
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 8, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #8,614 of 14,627
Joining the club today, bought a almost not used/mint pair V1, tried them at Canjam London 2015 and never thought i could afford them, ending up selling my Roxanne II, and should only pay additionel 800$ 
normal_smile .gif

Thinking of upgradeing pads if the ones i Hifimans store is the V2 version?

Dec 8, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #8,615 of 14,627
Congrats to your new headphones! Enjoy. :)

The ones in the Hifiman store are still the V1 pads. Hifiman is still holding back the V2 pads.
angry_face.gif

I just can say that I will remember this behaviour when the time will come for me to buy a new headphone...
deadhorse.gif

Dec 8, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #8,616 of 14,627
Also the Swiss distributor has confirmed that HifFiMan refuses to sell V2 pads separately (save for warranty exchange). That's not a nice policy and certainly bad self-promotion. Early HE1000 buyers were really passed the buck, and no mercy upon further notice.

If you ask for the pads in the Head-Direct sponsor forum you get no response.

That said, with modification and equalized my V1 still sounds fabulous. Maybe it doesn't even get better...

Dec 8, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #8,619 of 14,627
These cables look good to me.

We are about to release a couple of new top tier silver occ litz cables for full size headphone.

One is the new Silvergarde S2 and the other is the Silver Draug, both are a large 20awg occ litz
in differing design types. Please see below for specs. on the new Silvergarde S2 for right now. A completely unique design
to us and sort of the perfect headphone cable that just does everything one would want in a replacement cable. It has a pure textile based design, something no other
top silver cables have, allowing for some of the best comfort possible as well. Our goal is first to create the cable with the ultimate sound, but to also tweak other factors that
make it the best cable period in every single detail possible.

Silvergarde S2
1) 4 x 20 awg highest purity silver occ litz (large gauge)
2) Pure cotton multicore design ( each silver litz strand bundle has a pure cotton core, 11 total cotton cores) - industry first cotton multicore for silver
3) Center core is a stable carbon infused polymer, allows a strong yet flexible center core and further allows for the beneficial tubular shape (strand bundles precisely wrapped around the core)
4) First layer wrapped around strand bundles is a pure cotton fiber based material - industry first
5) Second layer is a thin teflon wrap layer (does not add practically any rigidity, only durability and stability)
6) Final layers are textile based, so there is no polymer dielectric and allows for side bonus of fantastic flexibility / comfort (also having a lack of mechanical noise) - industry first for silver
7) Has exclusive sleeve options of: [Silver/Grey herring bone] [Black/Dark Brown herring bone] [Dark Grey with real metallic silver thread tracers] [Brown with metallic copper single tracer]
8) Available with any selection of top of the line Eidolic connectors. Recommend for 4-pin XLR The Eidolic with rhodium plated Tellurium Copper pins
9) braid choice: traditional 4-wire braid (4 conductors sleeved separately) or quad all in one design (single sleeve)
10) Any of our splitter choices are available for this cable (Exotic wood to metal triangle splitters)

Dec 8, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #8,620 of 14,627
The velour pads of v1 are ****. I am never a fan of velour pads but at least those on t1 and he500 were tolerable. These are the worst I've even seen and there's no replacement. 

And I think they're one of the best pads of any hp I own. Go figure.

Dec 9, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #8,621 of 14,627
The velour pads of v1 are ****. I am never a fan of velour pads but at least those on t1 and he500 were tolerable. These are the worst I've even seen and there's no replacement. 

The V1 velour pads made the headphone intolerable to me...my cheek itch after 15mins with these pads. Total s**t job

otoh the V2 microfiber pads are nice but HFM won't sell unless you hand over $650 to them :joy: yeah...over my dead body!

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #8,622 of 14,627
I had venders tell me that at the NY Audio show. Heard the v2 there, but didn't have the v1 to compare it to, and shows are noisy, so couldn't really tell much myself.

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #8,623 of 14,627
  Also the Swiss distributor has confirmed that HifFiMan refuses to sell V2 pads separately (save for warranty exchange). That's not a nice policy and certainly bad self-promotion. Early HE1000 buyers were really passed the buck, and no mercy upon further notice.

If you ask for the pads in the Head-Direct sponsor forum you get no response.

That said, with modification and equalized my V1 still sounds fabulous. Maybe it doesn't even get better...

I think we should let them know very clearly how we feel. If enough people may a noise about it, they might make a policy change.

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #8,624 of 14,627

​As the second owner of my HE-1000, I did not get the chance to upgrade to V2. Now it seems that I cannot even get the V2 pads! I am really upset about this unbelievable cut-throat business policy. I will never buy anything from Hifiman again, in this case!

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #8,625 of 14,627
Why not open a business selling V2 pad clones at insanely cheap prices? You could stand to make a lot of HE1000 V1 owners very happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back