Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Dec 3, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #8,581 of 14,626
I thought the utopias will be a complete replacement for these. And then i heard the v2s at the store out of boredom. Holy schiit where did that blurry image go? Such slam and dynamism. Now i cant wait for my v2s to arrive!

Dec 3, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #8,582 of 14,626
I thought the utopias will be a complete replacement for these. And then i heard the v2s at the store out of boredom. Holy schiit where did that blurry image go? Such slam and dynamism. Now i cant wait for my v2s to arrive!

The blurry image is mostly due to using velour ear pads. If you don't believe me swap some aftermarket velour earpads on a pair of Utopias or HD800s and it will have the same effect.

Dec 3, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #8,583 of 14,626

The blurry image is mostly due to using velour ear pads. If you don't believe me swap some aftermarket velour earpads on a pair of Utopias or HD800s and it will have the same effect.

Whelp didnt know that. Will take your word for it. Then again i didnt like the velour pads in the first place. 

Dec 3, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #8,584 of 14,626
I know that this has been asked many times. But I haven´t seen any answer to that: How is the  V1 with the V2 pads? Would the V1 with better cable, tape-mod and V2 pads sound on the same level as the V2 (maybe with a little more relaxed sound)?

Dec 3, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #8,585 of 14,626
I know that this has been asked many times. But I haven´t seen any answer to that: How is the  V1 with the V2 pads? Would the V1 with better cable, tape-mod and V2 pads sound on the same level as the V2 (maybe with a little more relaxed sound)?

I'm glad someone asked this question again cause I have given up. No one wants to try the V2 pads on their V1. And I know several in this thread have both versions. I think they are afraid to try! They might find out the majority of the improvement comes from a simple ear pad swap. lol

Dec 3, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #8,586 of 14,626

...they might find out the majority of the improvement comes from a simple ear pad swap. lol

Bingo   
L3000.gif

Dec 3, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #8,588 of 14,626
I'm glad someone asked this question again cause I have given up. No one wants to try the V2 pads on their V1. And I know several in this thread have both versions. I think they are afraid to try! They might find out the majority of the improvement comes from a simple ear pad swap. lol

I'll swap my HEX v2 pads on my HEK v1 and report back.

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #8,589 of 14,626
Question...
I don't recall, how long is the warrantee on HEK (I have V1, connection with cable is coming loose on 1 side...)

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #8,590 of 14,626
Question...
I don't recall, how long is the warrantee on HEK (I have V1, connection with cable is coming loose on 1 side...)

12 months...iirc

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #8,591 of 14,626
Oh well...

Dec 5, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #8,592 of 14,626

I listened over an hour at a friend's house with the Utopia and two different HD800 and the HEKV2,
On a TOTL tube Dac/amp system...

I choose the HEK V2 over all of them..
It is the superior sounding headphone.

But still, the HD800 REMAINS the "golden standard" for all headphones to compare to,
Yet only with a system well optimized for it.
On a TOTL tube system, a "moded" HD800 can remain untouchable and arguably preferable to Stax setups.

The Utopia stands it's ground as in the same league,
But cannot surpass the other two..

It about time someone let the cat out of the bag...

Oh well...

Don't be discouraged as that issue may still be addressed & covered by them.
You have to email customer service to find out.

Dec 5, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #8,593 of 14,626
Thanks, I shot them an email.

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #8,594 of 14,626
I listened over an hour at a friend's house with the Utopia and two different HD800 and the HEKV2,
On a TOTL tube Dac/amp system...

I choose the HEK V2 over all of them..
It is the superior sounding headphone.

But still, the HD800 REMAINS the "golden standard" for all headphones to compare to,
Yet only with a system well optimized for it.
On a TOTL tube system, a "moded" HD800 can remain untouchable and arguably preferable to Stax setups.

The Utopia stands it's ground as in the same league,
But cannot surpass the other two..

It about time someone let the cat out of the bag...
Don't be discouraged as that issue may still be addressed & covered by them.
You have to email customer service to find out.

Agreed lol. Right now I don't see how some people claim that the utopias are better than the heks in almost every regard. 
Anyway i hope hifiman gets back to me soon, its been close to 3 weeks since i parted with my v1s, got held at customs for too long.

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #8,595 of 14,626
I posted some more detailed observations in HEK V2 thread.
Will not post elsewhere as my focus is on the HEK V2.
The others were just included for overall proper perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back