Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Feb 23, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #7,276 of 14,555
Look at this, from Dr Fang Bian weibo profile:

Looks like a metal version of the HE 1000, please, can someone who knows chinese tranlsate the text?
I've tried google translator but is very sloppy.

PS: His Weibo profile:
http://www.weibo.com/chinabianfang?refer_flag=1001600001_&is_hot=1#_rnd1456242924097

Feb 23, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #7,277 of 14,555
  Look at this, from Dr Fang Bian weibo profile:

Looks like a metal version of the HE 1000, please, can someone who knows chinese tranlsate the text?
I've tried google translator but is very sloppy.

PS: His Weibo profile:
http://www.weibo.com/chinabianfang?refer_flag=1001600001_&is_hot=1#_rnd1456242924097

This is not a metal version, just the regular type. He is advertising about some new products: the nails to prevent the shaking of the devices.

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #7,278 of 14,555
  I bought a pair of he-1000 last week. I'm currently burning them in. I'm a bit worried about my set. Both drivers have what look like veins or wrinkles inside them. I'm not sure what this is. Is it normal? In this picture you can see them primarily on the left hand side.

That is normal, I am on my second pair of HE-1000 and both pairs looked just like that. 
Also talked to the Hifiman and they told me that this is normal.

Feb 24, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #7,279 of 14,555
When you have wrinkles and cracks on your HE-1000 driver, then you have successfully "break-in" your HE-1000 
tongue.gif

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #7,280 of 14,555
I got a reply from HifiMan. They said it was normal. I sorta agree with Sonic Guild, though. Hate to pay so much and see things like this.

Quote:

If it does not exist on every HE1000, then it is NOT acceptable. 

Guys we are talking about $3000, we have to push the standards way UP. 

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #7,281 of 14,555

I have some scratches on the underside of one of the metal grills. You don't notice it unless you look at a certain angle. But yeah, it's annoying. Overall though I love the design of these. Feels way more premium than the 400i.

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #7,282 of 14,555
I continue to feel many people who give these over the top critiques have never even heard the products they speak of. To my ears the HEK is the best headphone I have ever heard. That said I do not expect everyone to agree but when somebody speaks of them as if they are second rate product I know they aren't serious and ignore them

Agreed...I compared them directly against the HD800's, TH900's, T1's & LCD-2's utilizing an Auralic Vega / Taurus MKII combo and the HEK's come out on top IMHO.  However, I've not been blessed with audiophile ears....I just enjoy listening to a wide variety of music.  :)

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #7,283 of 14,555
  I got a reply from HifiMan. They said it was normal. I sorta agree with Sonic Guild, though. Hate to pay so much and see things like this.

Except that you normally don't see it. (Nor hear it.) While you're at it, you could also complain about the bare design of the magnet bars.
wink.gif

Feb 25, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #7,285 of 14,555
Hey fellow HE1000 owners, I have a question. Do custom cables really make a difference? I feel like the ones Hifiman included aren't cheap/feel pretty solid. And I love the sound, because...duh. Has anyone used other cables and really heard a sonic difference? Which cables? Thanks!

Feb 25, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #7,286 of 14,555
  Hey fellow HE1000 owners, I have a question. Do custom cables really make a difference? I feel like the ones Hifiman included aren't cheap/feel pretty solid. And I love the sound, because...duh. Has anyone used other cables and really heard a sonic difference? Which cables? Thanks!

Really depends on your source.  With an iPhone, probably not.  With a high end amp or balanced amp, likely yes.
Try calling a number of dealers that lend you cables with 30 days return policy and see for yourself.

Regarding the stock HE1000 cables, they are excellent cables as is.  I have compared them with my Nagra HD DAC headphone section and my Cary 300B amp getting similar results as when I tried Double Helix and Cardas TOL wires.
So, I am happy with the stock HE wires at this moment.

Feb 25, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #7,287 of 14,555

I personally believe quality cabling makes a difference Pavement.  I used to not feel that way, but I bought a "universal cable" from Charleston Cable Company about a year ago and could immediately here the improvement in my LCD-2's and HD800's.  I really don't know how to describe the difference (not an audiophile...at least from a knowledge perspective) other than to say the music sounded more rich and detailed.  It's a 3' reference cable with mini XLRs on both ends.  I bought attachments for both of the aforementioned headphones along with a standard stereo 1/4" for the front end of the cable...I didn't have a balanced option at that time (Burson Conductor SL...for sale BTW).  I recently purchased a new headphone amp and DAC (Auralic Taurus MKII & Vega) along with the HEK's, so of course I went back to C3 to purchase a HiFiman connector and a XLR balanced connector.  I think (which means I'm probably wrong) I don't notice as big of a difference with the HEK stock cable as I did when I upgraded with the other two headphones, but there's still an improvement to my ears.  It may not be worth it to some because of the high cost.  It's hard to balance cost with performance.  I just want to hear the absolute best sound from my headphones that I'm able to afford as long as it fits within my budget....this one was a close call, but I kind of squeezed it in there....hehe.       

Feb 25, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #7,288 of 14,555

My source is a Mac Mini feeding a Bricasti M1 and this being the source to a McIntosh MHA100 and a Woo WA5-LE. I have tried the stock cable and also the following: Zeus OCC Copper, WireWorld Nano Platinum Eclipse, DHC Complement4 and MIT Vero Reference.

In all cases IMO the sound was better then the stock. My favorite one is the MIT followed by the DHC. That other too are good too but to me these two are the best.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Feb 25, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #7,289 of 14,555
You posted the question on the other HEK thread, I answered there, but yes, there is a difference to my ears.

Feb 25, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #7,290 of 14,555
Wow just got my HE-1000 and it outranks every other headphone I currently own (LCD-3, LCD-X, HD800, Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI, DT 990)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back