Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jan 2, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #136 of 14,626
this is the first hifiman can design that i like the look of but not even the gorgeous model can distract from the poor finish and humungus size

Jan 2, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #137 of 14,626
this is the first hifiman can design that i like the look of but not even the gorgeous model can distract from the poor finish and humungus size

She is indeed gorgeous! That dress is kinda meh, though.

Jan 2, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #138 of 14,626

In the U.S. they need to draft (ha!) some football players (college, if not NFL) to model them.  And I'm not talking the handsome guys... so, any ol' linebacker will do .... cue @Wildcatsare1 
biggrin.gif

not only will the HEKs look normal, but on those mugs they'll be absolutely RADIANT    
wink.gif

Jan 2, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #139 of 14,626
  Any short comments from the above 2 members about the EF6 amp for the HE6?  Thanks in advance.
Also, since the new HE1000 was announced as sort of a surprise, I wonder if Hifiman would be kind enough to consider a trade-up to the HE1000 of a HE560 (to an owner who bought them new from Hifiman or an authorized dealer).
(Or perhaps for an HE6 purchaser within the last year too.)
These customers may have waited for the HE1000 if they knew it was in development.

I have many friends with strong necks and the HE6 and they all are using speaker amps to drive them. I have never heard the EF6 but I have read comments that it works though not up to the quality of a good speaker amp. I think you are dreaming about an upgrade program. That would be financially difficult for Hifiman as they would probably be hit with hundreds of requests. Then there is the issue of what to do with the trades. Yes, they could possibly sell them off but that is not really their business model.

Jan 3, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #141 of 14,626
  I have many friends with strong necks and the HE6 and they all are using speaker amps to drive them. I have never heard the EF6 but I have read comments that it works though not up to the quality of a good speaker amp. I think you are dreaming about an upgrade program. That would be financially difficult for Hifiman as they would probably be hit with hundreds of requests. Then there is the issue of what to do with the trades. Yes, they could possibly sell them off but that is not really their business model.

LOL

Jan 3, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #142 of 14,626
  Any short comments from the above 2 members about the EF6 amp for the HE6?  Thanks in advance.
Also, since the new HE1000 was announced as sort of a surprise, I wonder if Hifiman would be kind enough to consider a trade-up to the HE1000 of a HE560 (to an owner who bought them new from Hifiman or an authorized dealer).
(Or perhaps for an HE6 purchaser within the last year too.)
These customers may have waited for the HE1000 if they knew it was in development.

probably not. the HE-560 is $900ish, while the HE1000 seems like will be in the $1.5++++ $2k or even more type range. Not really a direct upgrade for any of Hifiman's previous products.

If you have that kinda money lying around, I don't think the $900 HE-560 would be that big a deal. but if you do want to save a lil bit, then you should probably return asap if still in your window.

Jan 3, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #143 of 14,626
  Dunno why they matched HE1000 up against a 'stat only, of course everyone is going to say that the planar magnetic bass is more weighty than an electrostatic bass, because that has always been that.

This. SR-009 / Orpheus comparisons are not very relevant IMHO. Abyss look like the natural competitor to these : very high-end cans, same technology (one-sided magnet orthos).

Ali

Jan 3, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #144 of 14,626
don't get this thinking. why not compare it to a totl electrostatic or dynamic can? they're all fair game imo.

Jan 3, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #145 of 14,626
don't get this thinking. why not compare it to a totl electrostatic or dynamic can? they're all fair game imo.

+1

I understand both points of view, but at this level I think there must be a comparison with various TOTL technologies.  It looks like a show-down is brewing between them, and it looks like an interesting year ahead.

Jan 3, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #146 of 14,626

+1

I understand both points of view, but at this level I think there must be a comparison with various TOTL technologies.  It looks like a show-down is brewing between them, and it looks like an interesting year ahead.

Indeed.  The HD800 is showing as `discontinued` on amazon . . . 

Jan 3, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #147 of 14,626
Jan 3, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #148 of 14,626

Whatttt??? are you sureee? that is super xcitinggg!!! maybe i can finally snipe one under $900.

Jan 3, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #149 of 14,626

Wow. I actually heard music "Da-Da-DUUUMMM" in my head when I read that.  Speculation, of course.  But still- a sense of drama.

"In a world, gone mad, a headphone appeared..."

Jan 3, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #150 of 14,626
I`m just stoking the speculation furnace.  It is indeed showing as discontinued on amazon.com and is missing entirely, apparently, from amazon.de.  It`s also showing as discontinued on another audio-gear site.  . . . .   Exciting.  

Used HE-6s and used HD800 will be filtering down, raising the bar.  I will be one of those looking for a good used HE-6.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back