HIFIMAN HE-R10 Closed-Back Headphones Discussion & Impressions
Sep 27, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #901 of 1,215
So, I've spent a good amount of time with the R10Ps, and I still like them. I actually like them a lot. I guess the only flaw might be treble, in that it is a bit subdued. That is fine with me though. Bass, soundstage, imaging, layering are all very good. I absolutely love the BlueMini. These are really great Bluetooth headphones, and being wireless is amazing.

If anybody is on the fence about the R10P, and wants to have bluetooth functionality, I'd suggest picking up the current version of the R10P, before all of them get updated with the new headband. The new headband might be more comfortable, assuming it is just like the Susvara headband. However, I don't have a problem with the current headband. The downside of the new headband is no Bluetooth. I feel like the bluetooth option really makes the R10P very appealing. I know the earcups have divided a lot of people, but these headphones are definitely underrated.

I'm going to keep them and use them when working. That wireless is just so convenient and sounds good too. :L3000:

Sep 27, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #902 of 1,215
So, I've spent a good amount of time with the R10Ps, and I still like them. I actually like them a lot. I guess the only flaw might be treble, in that it is a bit subdued. That is fine with me though. Bass, soundstage, imaging, layering are all very good. I absolutely love the BlueMini. These are really great Bluetooth headphones, and being wireless is amazing.

If anybody is on the fence about the R10P, and wants to have bluetooth functionality, I'd suggest picking up the current version of the R10P, before all of them get updated with the new headband. The new headband might be more comfortable, assuming it is just like the Susvara headband. However, I don't have a problem with the current headband. The downside of the new headband is no Bluetooth. I feel like the bluetooth option really makes the R10P very appealing. I know the earcups have divided a lot of people, but these headphones are definitely underrated.

I'm going to keep them and use them when working. That wireless is just so convenient and sounds good too. :L3000:
Add a silver cable to bring out the highs and the sound is just about perfect. I have the Moon Audio Silver Dragon and couldn't ask for a better sounding closed headphone.

Sep 28, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #903 of 1,215
So, I spoke to hifiman. Its a cosmetic change, nothing has changed about the cups, or the tuning, or anything sound related. Here is a photo from @HeadAmpTeam

Yep that’s the info we received as well and thank you for the re-post! Hopefully we will have more information on the new finish soon

Well it will be worthwhile to ask if the new headband assembly will still support BlueMini functionality, but for those who don’t want to wait for clarification we do have one HE R10P still available in the original hardware!

Last edited:
HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Oct 1, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #905 of 1,215
The OG has a single-entry 3.5mm TRRS.

The new one has dual 3.5mm.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #906 of 1,215
Do those of you who like the R10P agree with the reviews that the R10P is very close behind in technical ability to the Susvara but with better base and impact and a bit sweeter sounding?

Oct 1, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #907 of 1,215
Do those of you who like the R10P agree with the reviews that the R10P is very close behind in technical ability to the Susvara but with better base and impact and a bit sweeter sounding?
Yes, it has very good technical abilities and some of the best bass I've heard on any headphone. It's also warmer sounding than the Susvara's.

Oct 23, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #910 of 1,215
Anyone here with the new design?

Nov 1, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #911 of 1,215
Haters gonna hate, Hifiman is releasing 2 new models...

pic1.png
Fostex prophecy fulfilled?
d8l0ntcl9gt71.jpg

Nov 1, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #912 of 1,215
I want that new Bluetooth R2R BlueMini for my R10P, which Hifiman claimed would be sold separately on their site in October. It's now November and you can only get the new BlueMini by buying the Deva Pro :unamused:

Also, these Fostex-like headphones. Hifiman has no shame 😂

Maybe you all were right about Hifiman's shady tactics. I don't care personally, but I think I see what you all were saying earlier in this thread :thinking:

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #915 of 1,215
I did not know that Hifiman made a headphone like this. It looks very different indeed to their usual open back models. I have no experience with Hifiman headphones, I always avoided them because I remember in the early days, (around 2010,2011) they had allot of quality control issues, I remember reading stories of driver failures and such. They seem to have got their act together but nontheless the design of their open back headphones always put me off purchasing them. That R10 looks good though, aside from the fact that it looks identical to the Sony R10 and Hifiman appear to have copied Sony. Acting like cheapskates.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back