HIFIMAN HE-R10 Closed-Back Headphones Discussion & Impressions
Aug 27, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #843 of 1,189
Hifiman really knows how to make sound work. Who cares about the build. The joke is well known. The R10P is pretty darn good for a closed back but it's not the greatest or the ultimate best closed back. I recommend if you have money to burn, but I'll will still go for an open back anytime of the day thou.

Overall, these guys are making great headphones for a while now.

SR
JR
R10P
Susvara
HE6SE
Arya
He1000
Sundara (best affordable headphone in the market)
20210307_080332.jpg20210406_133402.jpg
Neverminded the headphones, thumbs up for the Hegel, Bergson, & Schopenhauer. :thumbsup:

Aug 27, 2021 at 4:07 AM Post #844 of 1,189
Now R10P has two serious contenders: DCA Stealth and Kennerton Rögnir. Not considering the sound, I would always choose Stealth over R10P due to the design, lightness and portability.
Honestly, so would I :joy: They look fantastic. But we don’t (or at least I don’t) buy headphones for looks (and the R10p’s actually feel surprisingly light).

Aug 27, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #845 of 1,189
Honestly, so would I :joy: They look fantastic. But we don’t (or at least I don’t) buy headphones for looks (and the R10p’s actually feel surprisingly light).
What meant by design has little to do with the look. Have you seen how flexible it is and how well it can fit in a small shell case? Headband design of R10 is from the last century. There will be a lot of heads they will not sit properly.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #846 of 1,189
What meant by design has little to do with the look. Have you seen how flexible it is and how well it can fit in a small shell case?
Gotcha. You mean overall portability. True. I’d never let my R10Ps out of the house.

Just noticed that you own the Rognir. How is it in the bass department, compared to the HEKse? Anemic bass in its previous offerings is what keeps me from returning to DCA, but I’ve heard good things about Kennerton.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #847 of 1,189
Gotcha. You mean overall portability. True. I’d never let my R10Ps out of the house.

Just noticed that you own the Rognir. How is it in the bass department, compared to the HEKse? Anemic bass in its previous offerings is what keeps me from returning to DCA, but I’ve heard good things about Kennerton.
Rögnir has that dip in the bass mids transition which affects the body of the sound. I used to EQ them (I EQ nearly everything) but now that I have the Brainwavz Gaming pads on them, they have become much better and I don't need to EQ. I have to say, I don't like thick sounding headphones, but with the stock pads it was even for me too much.

Bass on HEKse is bigger, due to the driver size . On Rögnir it is more neutral. But both are of equal quality, for me at least.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #848 of 1,189
Comparison to Dan Clark Stealth needed to determine ultimate closed back.
That has been determined… it is the Rognir LOL.

Aug 27, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #849 of 1,189
That has been determined… it is the Rognir LOL.
But no ... It seems these last days, maybe the crown went now to the 3D printed Headphone =>Dan Clark Stealth :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #850 of 1,189
thumbs up for the Hegel, Bergson, & Schopenhauer. :thumbsup:

Ha, nice you spotted Schopenhauer :)
My first real hobby was a book collector. Many years later I hit my 1000 hardcover/paperback collection and 50 thousand Ebooks :) :beerchug:

Aug 29, 2021 at 3:43 AM Post #851 of 1,189
Ha, nice you spotted Schopenhauer :)
My first real hobby was a book collector. Many years later I hit my 1000 hardcover/paperback collection and 50 thousand Ebooks :) :beerchug:
That's impressive. Hopefully they're all being read, too :nerd:📒:book: :xf_wink:

Schopenhauer I couldn't help but spot, as I've spent countless hours working on WWR over the years for better or worse....

Aug 29, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #852 of 1,189
all being read,
Just the physical copies. I'm not a big fan of eBooks. The feeling is not the same. But of course I went through many eBooks. Also, its good to have obscure, rare books that was banned from churches and countries.

Sep 11, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #855 of 1,189
Does anybody know how, or where to, buy the BlueMini device? I have searched everywhere, and I can't find it anywhere. I really don't want to buy the $300 Deva just to get the $80 Bluemini device for an R10P :deadhorse:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back