HIFIMAN HE-R10 Closed-Back Headphones Discussion & Impressions
Nov 30, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #542 of 1,215
R10 headband is 100% Genuine Leather, premium grade.
I dunno, the headband is the biggest turnoff of the He-R10p.
It just doesn't look like it belongs to a flagship, so I sure hope that it will prove me wrong.

Nov 30, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #543 of 1,215
I'm interested in hearing opinions on the R10 dynamic. The planar's price (for me) is too ridiculous to even consider. The dynamic is what the original R10 was anyway.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #545 of 1,215
When I get my pair of HE-R10 P's, I can assure you my posts will be impartial, practically German in nature. I am excited for them, heck I've ordered a flagship cable from Norne audio for them. I am excited!
Can you tell me which cable you chose?
Good to know that Trevor can also make cables for this headphone.
If you don't want to derail this thread with cable talk, I'd appreciate a pm

Nov 30, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #546 of 1,215
what's wrong with the stock cable which would make a person order a >800$ headphone cable?, for better aesthetics?, but for a headphone which people agree doesn't even look its price, what's the use?. and is it possible for such a person to have a sound judgement in reviewing headphones?

Nov 30, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #547 of 1,215
Just to clarify on something, CIBER is not anyone from HIFIMAN, whatever he posts hasn't any connection with us.
Out of curiosity, if Ciber is not affiliated with Hifiman, how would he know that the headband was 100% leather?

These haven’t been released yet and I can’t find anywhere where this is information is listed

Nov 30, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #548 of 1,215
Nov 30, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #552 of 1,215
Hiya, am a fan of the ATH W1000Z. I spent a day listening to products at hi-fi lounge. If you ever get to the UK, please pay Wendy and Paul a visit. I have a review of that visit on my profile page. I listened to every premium headphone they had and was there all day. It was an unforgettable experience. It the W1000Z as a result of that day. I listened to the Focal Elegia at Ascot. I didn't have my Z with me, but they weren't to my liking. I will get my brain unadjusted to the P and adjusted to the D and then compare the 2. The W1000Z we're £1000 RRP at the time, and, until now,were my favourite closed headphones

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #553 of 1,215
Am now listening to the R10 D. All queries are welcome,as long as they're respectful.
Do you have experience with the Sony Z1R, if so a direct comparison in classic Disciplines like bass, mids, treble, soundstage would be great

Nov 30, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #554 of 1,215
Standby,am about to change from the D to my W1000Z. You don't get much better updates than this! I hope you're appreciative of this sort of service!

Do you have experience with the Sony Z1R, if so a direct comparison in classic Disciplines like bass, mids, treble, soundstage would be great
Liked the Z1R, don't have it. I liked the punch of it in the bass. It's a great headphone. I have listened to Handel's Arrival of the Queen of Sheba and Richard Marx's Right Here Waiting. The immediate impression I got on switching between the W1000Z and the D; the mix is closer to the ears on the D and further away on the Z. The bass presence is fuller on the D. The level of detail is higher on the D. The dynamics on the D are better.

Nov 30, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #555 of 1,215
That'd be unfair to say for definite without the 4 and the 1266 here. From memory, I'd say I prefer the feel of the RE-10. The treble is difficult to fault. It just sounds right

Are there music genres or songs that you prefer on the R10P vs the Susvara? You mentioned you preferred the bass of the R10P over the Susvara but what about mids and treble? Does the Susvara have any advantage at those frequencies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back