Hifiman HE-6SE and HE-1000SE announcement-
Jan 26, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #616 of 634
I just bought the hekv2 after considering the he6se but never having heard it
Good choice going with the V2. I purchased the 6se blindly and sold not long after. It just wasn't for me. Too me, it sounded too closed in and not dynamic enough for my tastes. I purchased the V2 after that and couldn't be happier. The V2 has a very open sound with great bass, detail & dynamics. Very enjoyable presentation to say the least.

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #617 of 634
Sorry to keep you hanging! I’m waiting until I receive my Lazuli Reference cable in 3.5mm to offer some in depth thoughts in these cans. Don’t worry, I remember the V2 very well! I can say that so far if I had to give it a number that owning the SE is 15-20% more enjoyable than the V2 to me. That number is a result of improvements in sound quality, sensitivity and build quality/looks... with sound quality being the biggest priority to me. It maintaines the same overall Hifiman/V2 flavor which we all love, but I think the sonic differences (improvements IMO) are apparent and I think overall that most people would prefer the SE.
Has anyone compared the Susvara plus good amp to HEKse directly driven by CHORD DAVE?

Feb 19, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #618 of 634
Does the HEKse have 2.5 or 3.5mm connectors at the headphone side? Thanks.

Never mind, found it.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #619 of 634
Is this the main HEKse thread? Hardly any activity and strange combination with HE6se...

But I have not found another HEKse thread yet.

Apr 7, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #623 of 634
Knowing how Hifiman is getting greedy, it would be very surprising to know they took time and money to change anything to the driver.
That was a useful post

Apr 9, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #626 of 634
Hi there, the HE6 and HE6se have the same driver.

Hope it helps.

April
Thank you, i actually just pulled the trigger less then an hour ago on the HE-6SE. I have always wanted to try out the HE-6 but i kept running into modded ones or ones in not so good condition and the comfort problems scarred me. My only concern now is my amp that i will be using to drive these cans. Currently i have a Oppo HA-1, do you guys reckon that this amp will be powerful enough to drive the HE-6SE sufficiently? It has no problem driving my LCD-3 or my HD800S, but i have heard how power hungry the HE-6 can be and have yet to ever try one. Thoughts??

Apr 9, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #627 of 634
Thank you, i actually just pulled the trigger less then an hour ago on the HE-6SE. I have always wanted to try out the HE-6 but i kept running into modded ones or ones in not so good condition and the comfort problems scarred me. My only concern now is my amp that i will be using to drive these cans. Currently i have a Oppo HA-1, do you guys reckon that this amp will be powerful enough to drive the HE-6SE sufficiently? It has no problem driving my LCD-3 or my HD800S, but i have heard how power hungry the HE-6 can be and have yet to ever try one. Thoughts??

Well, it should do okay but on paper (which means educated guess) then it may not be enough to drive the 6 to all it can be. We usually say it likes to have about 6 watts available to it.

Mark

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Apr 9, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #628 of 634

I have heard HE-6 with Oppo Ha-1
and in my opinion Ha-1 was able to drive He6 without any problems. As far as I know it can push 3.5 W into 32 Ohm so it is quite powerful. However I havent heard He6 with other amps so I have no other point of reference.

Apr 9, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #629 of 634
I had the Oppo HA-1 at one point. It’s very smooth sounding. I eventually sold it because it lacked dynamics to my ears and didn’t have enough drive. I own the HE-6SE’s and I think the Oppo HA-1 will be to laid back for the HE-6se’s. Sure it can power them but better sound can be had.

Apr 10, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #630 of 634
Oppo HA-1 has a stated output power of 2000mw at 32 Ohms, which is about as low as you can go and still be viable. IMO the limiting factor isn't continuous power output (typical amp specs) but rather how well the amp can provide extremely fast swings in power. generally speaking this is mostly how robust the amp's power supply is. I would expect the Oppo HA-1 to work better then a 'typical 2 watt into 32 ohm amp' but it wont be ideal.

for example a Liquid Carbon could play my he-6 (code-6) at listening volume, but I can swap in a number of similarly priced headphones and get better results (such as lcd3 or hek). however upgrading the amp the something like my J2 power amp or a 6,000$ Auris Nirvana makes the he-6 sound on par with the very best (utopia or 009) IMO. lcd3 or hek wont see nearly as much improvement moving from an adequate to extreme amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back