Hifiman HE-6SE and HE-1000SE announcement-
Aug 14, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #106 of 634
Just got an update from Hifiman, few points on the new HE1Kse and HE-6se. HE1kse is 5db more efficient with a thinner driver.

HE-6se they are keeping the driver the same and updating the earcup and it has the new headband as folks have seen.

Biggest point was they are going to do a run of 700 HE-6se.

Aug 14, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #107 of 634
Just got an update from Hifiman, few points on the new HE1Kse and HE-6se. HE1kse is 5db more efficient with a thinner driver.

HE-6se they are keeping the driver the same and updating the earcup and it has the new headband as folks have seen.

Exact same driver???

Hmmmm, well maybe there's hope yet.

Aug 14, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #108 of 634

ask them about HE500 update, for us common folks

Aug 14, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #109 of 634
Waiting for the next phone that slams like the HE6 with scaled down technology from the it and all for around $1000 - only HFM can do it :p

Kelvin
Of course only HFM can do it!! Here's their current in-use 'trade-off triangle'..

timecostquality.jpg

I think they just pick themselves at this point..

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #110 of 634
......Biggest point was they are going to do a run of 700 HE-6se.

Ok, the HE-6SE seems to be real collectors item and not for the common folk.

Aug 14, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #111 of 634
Exact same driver???

Hmmmm, well maybe there's hope yet.
Gives me hope especially since I just got my HE-6 Secondhand back in June! been happy with it.
ask them about HE500 update, for us common folks
Hehe, I probably know their answer of probably a none answer but I can try.

My Frankenstein HE-500 could use some more parts added to it!
Ok, the HE-6SE seems to be real collectors item and not for the common folk.
Had the HE-6 come out today for the first, I kind of wonder what price it would of launched at.

Aug 14, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #114 of 634
Aug 14, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #115 of 634
I really want the HE6se’s. But that price is a real deterrent. There’s no real upgrades to drivers and the one thing that changed I guess you can call it a plus. But I’d be more inclined to pay the asking price for driver updates than a headband. But that’s just me.

Aug 14, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #116 of 634
I really want the HE6se’s. But that price is a real deterrent. There’s no real upgrades to drivers and the one thing that changed I guess you can call it a plus. But I’d be more inclined to pay the asking price for driver updates than a headband. But that’s just me.

Upgraded drivers can be overrated and not as good as the originals. There's a reason why the original HE-6's are so lauded.

Aug 14, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #117 of 634
It's a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach by hifiman.

This would be a super seller if they did a HE4XX approach and released a HE6X on massdrop. Who knows, a 800 dollar price tag would be possible.

I mean, the HE6X only got improved build quality, same as the HE4XX so why not?

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #118 of 634
Upgraded drivers can be overrated and not as good as the originals. There's a reason why the original HE-6's are so lauded.
That’s true majority of time. But if that’s the case why not make them similar in price.
It's a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach by hifiman.

This would be a super seller if they did a HE4XX approach and released a HE6X on massdrop. Who knows, a 800 dollar price tag would be possible.

I mean, the HE6X only got improved build quality, same as the HE4XX so why not?
That would have been a better deal since it’s pretty much the same everything besides the headband.

Aug 15, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #119 of 634
Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #120 of 634
the price increase compared to he-6 is honestly not that bad when you consider the income for skilled labor in china has really shot up in the last 10 years.

I'm also glad to know there's going to be a healthy stock of drivers moving forward, though i'm not sure how they would like a third hand code-6 under warranty conditions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back