1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by jigf, May 21, 2010.
First

Back
1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390
Next

Last
  1. wuwhere Contributor
    These

s-l1000.jpg

Skyhawk182 likes this.
  2. rlawli
    I prefer my Threshold 400A, factory upgraded to e Series specs, with an LDR passive preamp between the 400A and source.

3. Skyhawk182
    :beyersmile::beyersmile::beyersmile:

4. Oregonian
    Cerwin Vega DX-5 June 2019.jpg Here's what I ran my HE-6 off of................and now my HE-6SE - straight from the speaker taps. 250 wpc of vintage power.............

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  5. vlach
    Love that power amp!
    So how do you hook up the headphones...is there some kind of inline resistor between the headphones and speaker taps?

6. Oregonian
    No resistors whatsoever. I once tried the HiFiMan resistor box a few years ago and clearly noticed the sound degradation compared to straight from the taps.

You get a speaker tap connector to XLR and plug the supplied HFM cable to it.

The Spec 1 preamp handles any issues with volume knob issues that would be prevalent (too touchy, etc.).

7. cskippy
    It's best to run directly off the taps on the Spec 2 since the HP out has 150 Ohms resistors for each channel

I found the service manual for Spec 1/2 system:
    [​IMG]

Oregonian likes this.
  8. vlach
    Interesting...maybe i should hook up my HE-500 directly to the speaker taps of my CR-2020...i think the headphone output has 120 ohm resistors. What do you think?

9. vlach
    Can you recommend such a connector?

10. cskippy
    Yeah, just be careful with the volume.

11. Oregonian
    Here's a pic of it. I got three of these made by Ted @ Headphone Lounge - outstanding service and quality.

Speaker tap connection.jpg

12. Oregonian
    That's really interesting. Good info..................

13. vlach
    Perfect, i will get myself one and find out for myself, thank you!

14. Mawrchi
    Has anyone tried the He-6 through a Bryston 3B3? I have the amp for my speaker setup, but wondering if it's worth getting an adapter to try with these.

15. cskippy
    Why not just give it a try? Adapters are relatively cheap and I know some crazies who run HE-6 of 250W+ no problem. Just be careful with the volume and connect HE-6 to the adapter after everything is turned on and disconnect before powering down with no music playing.

Happy Camper likes this.
First

Back
1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390
Next

Last