1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by jigf, May 21, 2010.
First

Back
1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388
1390 1391 1392
Next

Last
  1. Happy Camper
    This is disappointing to hear. I sent my original 6s back for repair and they were lost. They are being replaced with the SE. My old 6 had fuzzor mod, opened dust screens and pads.

2. Audiofiend1
    The he-6 and he-6se have the exact same drivers (as confirmed by hifiman) so how is this technically possible?

3. bosiemoncrieff
    I hear the new headband adds sibilance

cskippy likes this.
  4. thecrow
    I hear the cables takes care of it through dampening

I heard someone broke into the local dog pound and released all the dogs. Police are trying to find the dogs but they currently have no leads

I hear lots of things

So tell us, what is the source of your comment - or do we just dismiss it as a pointless post

Audiofiend1 likes this.
  5. Fegefeuer
    I think he was joking. Joking aside, a headband in theory could definitely add to the overall sound or let's say to the cup/housing resonances. Not sure if or how (much) it's audible though.

HE-6 could definitely be improved upon with stiffer, better housing and better installation of its driver parts. Else something like the Blu Tack mod wouldn't exist.

bosiemoncrieff likes this.
  6. thecrow
    I agree with housing and other hardware affecting sound.

However i get tired of sh!t stirrers that don’t help people looking for info when considering a purchase.

And these things can get blown up in a few days and people spruik it as gospel.

I ain’t got time for that!!!

7. Audio Addict Contributor
    I was talking with HiFiMan about the HE6se relative to my HE6 with no definitive conclusion. My pair are literally the pair finalized to go into production sent to a Chicago Head-Fi meet to demonstrate which Dr. Bian offered me to purchase instead of sending them back.

The key difference is they don't seem to have the same power requirement as the SE version. Yesterday, I compared the two on 3 different setup; (1) Fun / Swing, (2) RSA Apache / PWD MKII and (3) RSA SR71B / Meridian 808.2i with the same results. The original HE6 was preferred in all three setups with the power requirement lower for the HE6 at the same volume level. I used the exact same WyWired Platinum cable for both pairs with a Norne Audio ultra short adapter to use the cable on the HE6se. Both pairs had HiFiMan Focus pads. The only difference I am aware of is the original had been sent to Robert at AprophiteCu29 who changed the connectors to Audeze on a pigtail from the mini coaxial. That is the only mod on them.

8. ufospls2
    Give the 6SE a shot with the Pali Pads if you can. I'm not saying it will make them sound like the original HE6, but its worth a shot : ) I listened with the Pali Pads, and I have seen others say the 6SE sounds best with them.

9. Audiofiend1
    So the SE version is harder to drive? i'm honestly kind of shocked :astonished:

10. Audio Addict Contributor
    I think what I am being told it is more like my pair are different than other HE6s.

11. bosiemoncrieff

that would be schiit stirrer to you

12. thecrow
    No. I had it right the first time :)

13. lawrence2357
    I've always wondered if the reported difference in brightness between the old 4 screw and 6 screw versions was actually the result of the earlier version being even harder to drive. My theory goes that after feedback on the original insane power requirement, Hifiman made them a bit more efficient, but this was reported by those without high powered speaker amps as taking the edge off the excessively bright (to them) sound.

If this was the case, could it now be that the SE is based on the 4 screw driver rather than the 6 screw version? This is all pure surmise of course so feel free to shoot me down!

14. Audiofiend1
    Disregard figured it out :)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  15. lawrence2357
    I think after a few years of enjoying my HE6s (4 screw version) it's time to move them on. I'll be listing them properly soon but thought I'd put some feelers our first in case anyone really wants a pair. They're boxed with the amp adaptor and original balanced cable but the balanced to jack adapter looks different it's black. They have a tiny scratch on one cup but otherwise their condition is very good. Sorry to mods if this isn't allowed (I've seen a few people do it this way) please let me know and I'll list properly.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    bosiemoncrieff likes this.
First

Back
1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388
1390 1391 1392
Next

Last