HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Apr 21, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #18,601 of 21,867
After I checked the review on www.innerfidelity.com
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/comparing-world-class-headphones-hifiman-he-6#fMLQd9DHPZTes0Ty.97

I'm not sure I want the He-6  any more.

How much do you think the He-6 is better than the He-500. Considering both being well powered. I see you own both hifimans and the TH-X00.

the TH-X00 is coming to me soon, what can I expect from it. can you common on how it compares to the he500.

Thanks

Apr 21, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #18,602 of 21,867
  After I checked the review on www.innerfidelity.com
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/comparing-world-class-headphones-hifiman-he-6#fMLQd9DHPZTes0Ty.97

I'm not sure I want the He-6  any more.

How much do you think the He-6 is better than the He-500. Considering both being well powered. I see you own both hifimans and the TH-X00.

the TH-X00 is coming to me soon, what can I expect from it. can you common on how it compares to the he500.

Thanks

That is a very outdated review during a time when people had very little understanding of this headphone. HE-500 cannot touch HE-6 at all.

Apr 21, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #18,604 of 21,867
That is a very outdated review during a time when people had very little understanding of this headphone. HE-500 cannot touch HE-6 at all.

I've had HE-6 for a couple of weeks now after having had HE-500 ever since it was first released. I greatly prefer HE-6 and have now sold HE-500, but the tonality is different so I can understand if some people would prefer HE-500.

Apr 21, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #18,605 of 21,867
Can you elaborate on how much better it is and on what department does it out perform the he500. 

HE-6 for me wins on scale of room, clarity and ability to project dynamics, but HE-500 is warmer and more intimate

Apr 21, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #18,607 of 21,867
In terms of hierarchy and pricing, the HE-X claims to be the successor to the HE-6. Claims to be. It's sort of like the younger and flashier but ultimately wimpier little brother.

Apr 21, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #18,608 of 21,867
Apr 21, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #18,609 of 21,867
In terms of hierarchy and pricing, the HE-X claims to be the successor to the HE-6. Claims to be. It's sort of like the younger and flashier but ultimately wimpier little brother.

Yeah, HE-X is nowhere near as good. IMO, the HE-6 doesn't really have a successor at this point.

Apr 21, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #18,610 of 21,867
Hi guys!
It has been a while since I have T1. I'm using it balanced with nfb28 2015 H option. And I have nothing to complain about.
On the other hand, I always wanted to try He6. Especially as people praise it for its bass and how good it could be with rock/metal song. But I have had deep concerns about build quality of those beasts. I have seen many people have their he6's drivers replaced. Many have their cable replaced too. As I live in a country that using warranty from Hifiman is somehow impossible, I can't risk on having an unreliable product. My question from you is that how reliable do you think the latest production batch of he6 is? Do you think that they are as reliable as other flagship headphones like hd800 or t1?

Apr 21, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #18,612 of 21,867
Hi guys!
It has been a while since I have T1. I'm using it balanced with nfb28 2015 H option. And I have nothing to complain about.
On the other hand, I always wanted to try He6. Especially as people praise it for its bass and how good it could be with rock/metal song. But I have had deep concerns about build quality of those beasts. I have seen many people have their he6's drivers replaced. Many have their cable replaced too. As I live in a country that using warranty from Hifiman is somehow impossible, I can't risk on having an unreliable product. My question from you is that how reliable do you think the latest production batch of he6 is? Do you think that they are as reliable as other flagship headphones like hd800 or t1?

I'm pretty sure the blown drivers were self inflicted. Only know of a hand full of blown drivers. The cable isn't a big issue and could hardwire later.

Frankly I'd go for the 560. Part of me wishes I had got the 560 for myself; the 6 are just so hard to drive.

Told you early on the meowmeow2 doesn't have enough power...

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #18,613 of 21,867
and my most gracious thanks go to your insight ^.^ 

I intend to get a power amp for them and a prospective K1000, so all is not lost, though I wish I had attached the vegan pads to a plastic ring such as the velour pads have.

Apr 21, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #18,614 of 21,867
First. a nod to The Purple One...R.I.P. Prince *

One observation I'd like to add now, but had to quickly log off and hit the street last night, was the pads get warmer quicker after sealing the cups. User experience and what individuals may or may tolerate will vary. Good sound will see me quickly acclimated. 
biggrin.gif

Currently using Lawton Audio TH-900 Leather pads. Using gauss sounds like a good idea, thanks for tip! Maybe Saturday and will report back.

Apr 22, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #18,615 of 21,867
  First. a nod to The Purple One...R.I.P. Prince *

One observation I'd like to add now, but had to quickly log off and hit the street last night, was the pads get warmer quicker after sealing the cups. User experience and what individuals may or may tolerate will vary. Good sound will see me quickly acclimated. 
biggrin.gif

Currently using Lawton Audio TH-900 Leather pads. Using gauss sounds like a good idea, thanks for tip! Maybe Saturday and will report back.

That explains the brightness issue. Leather is very reflective which means a lot of etch. If you can, I'd apply adhesive felt on the inner diameter or basically any surface in the "tunnel".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back