1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by jigf, May 21, 2010.
  1. Silent One
    Thanks rlawli; wuwhere. Wasn't aware the MC275 was solid state amp using a tube output and wondered in general about tube output transformer needing resistors to show a load.

2. taxiq
    Have I made a mistake?    I had been under the impression that the HE-6 has been discontinued by Hifiman some months ago.   But when I happened by the HFM website, there it was among listed products.  Did I get it wrong, the HE-6 is still in production or maybe they have yet to sell out of remaining inventory.

3. Clemmaster
    They probably don't make it anymore, but are selling their stock.

4. Astral Abyss
    I've been holding out, hoping they might put the last batch on sale before it's gone for good.  I'm not in any real hurry since my HE-400i's are getting the job done.

5. taxiq
    It's a real shame they're dropping it.  Their is a place of a very demanding unit that when given the right amp, sings like none other.   For that it's worth all the troubles.  Just like those stat's of old which they tried to be full range, all the way to the 20's.  A tinkers' dream and an amp's nightmare.

gl

6. vc1187

Might be a marketing decision. They realize that it can compete with their flagships at a much lower price.

7. Fearless1

Nice little review you did on the HE-6, good work.:beerchug:

8. vc1187

I sold it this past week (2nd pair) and already miss the visceral tone that both of my senns do not have regardless of amp

9. Fearless1
    Yeah, they are special. Pair them with a Pass amp and they are ridiculous good IMHO.

10. taxiq
    At one point, would have agreed without qualification.   However, my Pass amp turns out to be the lightest duty rating, an First Watt F3 which at the moment is driving EL-8's ([​IMG], I know) quite nicely but is probably not up to the task of taking on an HE 6.   

Best wishes.  

11. ohhgourami
    Is that regret I hear? :p

12. vc1187

The best thing about us humans is our ability to forget over time :wink:

13. potterma

Low listening levels should be great with the HE-6 F3 combo.  The F3 is voltage limited, though, so you will run into clipping...

14. Jozurr
    20160130_171746.jpg

20160130_171816.jpg

So I tried doing this mod and I took off the grills. The foam goes on top of the black felt thing? also, how do you stick the mousepad foam on this considering it is not adhesive?

Thanks

15. Hansotek
    No, it goes on the plastic inner circumference of the cup, directly adjacent to that.