HifiMan HE-560 US Touring Event - Sign up List Updated
Jul 4, 2014 at 10:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 148
Hi,

Please post your HE-560 impression and review in the following thread. Thanks!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/728482/hifiman-he-560-us-tour-thread-impressions-and-reviews

A lot of people have asked for a HE-560 touring event, so July 4th seems to be the perfect day to start this. 
gs1000.gif

You can sign up right now by replying to this post with the following information. The deadline is midnight July 10th. 

1. Which State will the headphone be shipped to? Do NOT provide you full address here. We will PM you later. 
(Unfortunately this event will be US only due to logistic reason. For people from other countries please contact your local dealer if you wish to demo HE-560. We are confident that you will be amazed. If you need information about your local dealer, please feel free to email us at customerservice@head-direct.com.)

2. Your equipments including headphones, IEMs, Source and Amps.

3. How would you describe your headphone experience? 

4. Do you agree with all the rules and terms below? :)

We will do two groups. One for the east coast and another for the west coast to save everyone some shipping cost.

The rules are:
1. Each participant is agreed to post his/her impression or opinion about HE-560 on head-fi (we will open a new thread as soon as the touring begins.) If you can do a more detailed review, we would be really appreciated. 

2. Each participant is allowed to demo the headphone for one week (7 days) EXCEPT the first person who can keep it for two weeks to allow for proper burn-in. We know that one week might not be enough for some people, but we have a feeling that many people will sign up and we try not to make the last person on the list wait for a year before he/she can get a taste of the delicious HE-560. :) We might consider extending it later, but right now one week seems to be fair and easy. 

3. Each participant is responsible for the shipping cost to the next person on the list. We ask that you pack the headphone well and include the original display box as well as all accessories. We will PM you with the shipping information the next person privately. You are required to ship it with FedEx or UPS. If you must use USPS, please make sure a tracking number is provided (NOT just deliver confirmation.)

4. Each participant is asked to take good care of the headphone as well as all accessories, and keep it clean. We have a very good community here, so please be considerate of the person you will be shipping the headphone to.  

Disclaimer: HifiMan reserves the right to add or change the rules of this event at any time. HifiMan also reserves the right to reject participants. 

So again you ask we deliver. It is the HifiMan way. :) 

==================
FINAL Participants List:

EAST COAST
1. marshallmole
2. daltonlanny
3. swspiers
4. wmedrz
5. Wildcatsare1
6. cardon
7. kunlun
8. lmswjm
9. thegunner100
10. skyline315
11. bluemonkeyflyer
12. Keithpgdrb
13. dxanex
14. mac336
15. bdavidson
16. GloryUprising
17. Zida (CAD)
18. spbach
19. monoglycer (CAD)
20. Dr. Mephisto
21. ivanrocks321
22. moodyrn
23. Armaegis (CAD)
24. geetarman49 (CAD)
25. Terja (CAD)

WEST COAST
1. takezo
2. Whitetriton
3. darinf
4. Maxvla
5. Oregonian
6. Barra
7. roadcykler
8. Biscuitz
9. mechgamer123
10. drbluenewmexico
11. revolutionz
12. gsr108
13. tigon_ridge
14. Greggo
15. blitzpirate

==================

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jul 4, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #2 of 148
Wow, seems no one has replied yet. I will try to catch this train~ :wink:
 1. Which State will the headphone be shipped to?

Illinois
 2. Your equipments including headphones, IEMs, Source and Amps

My main system is:
PC->Audio-gd DI-DSP->NFB10SE->Bottlehead S.E.X->T1 or HE-5LE
My office system is: PC->Musilannd MX06->W40 or Flat-4 Kuro

I have enjoyed quite a few popular over-ear headphones for about 2 years. I have fairly extensive experience with Hifiman HE-5LE headphones, including some modding, and the fact that it is staying while others are going says how I love them. 
I listen to a wide range of music and has experience with many live concerts in different venues. I am also a piano player. 

I agree. Definitely! 

Jul 4, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #3 of 148
TeamHEADFIMAN,
I would love to participate!
1. I live in Tennessee.

2. My system consists of a HeadAmp GS-1 fully discrete class A headphone amp, sources are Marantz CD 6004 cd player, Oppo BDP 95 Universal DVD/SACD/DVD Audio/CD disc player, my headphones consist of Sennheiser HD 650, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser HD 540 Reference 1 and Reference II.

3, My headphone experience has been very good, and extensive. I have been a headphone enthusiast for 30 years.
I listen to alot of live music, and have a high dollar home audio system. I have listened to many other headphones through the years, and know exactly what to listen for. I also owned a pair of Stax SR Lambda Signature electrostatic headphones for many years.

4.I fully agree to your terms, rules, and conditions.

I would absolutely love to audition your HE 560 headphones and post impressions on Headfi!

LD

Jul 4, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #4 of 148
1. southern california

2. cia vda2, wa-6, pioneer 9100, sansui au-8500, hd800, he-6, lcd2.2, re-400

3. addicted for life

4. i agree to said conditions

Jul 4, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #5 of 148
1.  Southern California

2.  Mostly FLAC files ripped from CDs out of Asus DG soundcard from computer to Schiit Bifrost DAC to Bottlehead Crack/Schiit Lyr/Marantz 2270 to Sennheiser HD600-800, and Hifiman HE-500.

3.  I'm an audio enthusiast that greatly enjoys listening to music through headphones. 

4.  I agree to the terms stated.

I'm very excited to try the new HE-560

Jul 4, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #6 of 148
1. North Carolina

2. Current equipment is a computer into an Oppo BDP-103 for FLAC and other files, with the Oppo also used for SACD and DVD-A, coax out into a Schiit Bifrost Uber, into a Burson Soloist amplifier.  Current cans include Grado 225i and the Alpha Dogs from Mr. Speakers.

3. Headphone experience dates back to the late 70's with the Sennheiser  HD-414 and AKG K-240.  I also owned the HFM HE-5LE for about 2 years.  I consider myself to be moderately experienced. with both home and pro-audio.

4. I absolutely agree with all of the terms and conditions of the tour!

Jul 4, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #8 of 148
Hi,
A lot of people have asked for a HE-560 touring event, so July 4th seems to be the perfect day to start this. :gs1000smile:

You can sign up right now by replying to this post with the following information. The deadline is midnight July 10th. 
 Wow, incredible offer, love it!

1. Which State will the headphone be shipped to? Do NOT provide you full address here. We will PM you later. 

Kentucky
(Unfortunately this event will be US only due to logistic reason. For people from other countries please contact your local dealer if you wish to demo HE-560. We are confident that you will be amazed. If you need information about your local dealer, please feel free to email us at customerservice@head-direct.com.)

Modi>Lyr2>HD650, +PSB M4U1, SONY. XBA4-I, Fiio E17, Music Fidelity Xcan v. 3, + Phillips Fidelo IEM's for my Girls

I am a l long time Audiophile, Krell, Tyler Acoustics, Audible Illusions, Cambridge, MF TT, Audioquest, Final, and Cardas wiring

Yes, gladly, I really wanted to give the 560 a listen prior to purchasing one. From reading the first impressions they sound like the perfect step up from my beloved 650's.

We will do two groups. One for the east coast and another for the west coast to save everyone some shipping cost.

The rules are:
1. Each participant is agreed to post his/her impression or opinion about HE-560 on head-fi (we will open a new thread as soon as the touring begins.) If you can do a more detailed review, we would be really appreciated. 

2. Each participant is allowed to demo the headphone for one week (7 days) EXCEPT the first person who can keep it for two weeks to allow for proper burn-in. We know that one week might not be enough for some people, but we have a feeling that many people will sign up and we try not to make the last person on the list wait for a year before he/she can get a taste of the delicious HE-560. :) We might consider extending it later, but right now one week seems to be fair and easy. 

3. Each participant is responsible for the shipping cost to the next person on the list. We ask that you pack the headphone well and include the original display box as well as all accessories. We will PM you with the shipping information the next person privately. You are required to ship it with FedEx or UPS. If you must use USPS, please make sure a tracking number is provided (NOT just deliver confirmation.)

4. Each participant is asked to take good care of the headphone as well as all accessories, and keep it clean. We have a very good community here, so please be considerate of the person you will be shipping the headphone to.  

[COLOR=222222]Disclaimer: HifiMan reserves the right to add or change the rules of this event at any time. HifiMan also reserves the right to reject participants. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]So again you ask we deliver. It is the HifiMan way. :) [/COLOR]

Edit: I will be adding a MrSpeakers Alpha Dog to my HP's on 7/7.

Jul 4, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #9 of 148
1. New York

2. Headphone: HE-6, Source: MacBook Pro connected via USB --> Lampizator Lev7, AMR DP-777 DAC, Audio gd Master 7 DAC, Amps: First Watt F1J, Krell 400xi, Audio gd Master 9, W4S mAMPs.

3. I've been listening with headphones since my college days in the 90's, its one of my favorite way to relax.

4. I agree to the terms and conditions of the tour.

Jul 4, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #10 of 148
1. New York City area

2.Mostly Sony and Sennheiser headphones. I'm looking into orthos and have heard the Abyss and Audeze headphones. I enjoyed the HE6. I have a lot of high end custom earphones.

3. I'm serious about really listening to my music and have been for years. I like to listen carefully to what a headphone can do in bass, midrange and treble.

4. I agree to the terms of the tour!

Jul 4, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #11 of 148
  • Southern California
  • Headphone Inventory

Stax SR-009
    Sennheiser HD-800
    Stax SR-407
    Heir Audio 8.A CIEM
    Noble K10
    Noble 6
    Paradox Slants
    Paradox Enigma
    Etymotic SR-4S
    Koss PortaPro (with Kramer and quarter mods)
    Monoprice 8320
    VModa M80

Headphone Amp Inventory

Russian Prototype Electrostatic Amp/DAC
    Schiit Lyr 2
    Geek Out 450
    Schiit Vali
    Stax SRM-323A
    HRT Micro Streamer
    Old Headroom Amp
    iBasso D7

Source Inventory

Smyth Realiser A8
    Out of Your Head - Virtual speaker processing software
    Dune HD Max
    Schiit Wyrd
    Astell & Kern AK120
    HRT Micro Streamer
    Geek Out 450
    Russian Prototype Electrostatic Amp/DAC
    Macbook Air running Amarra and Audirvana
    Several Windows machines running Jriver Media Center 19
  • I've been an audiophile since I was in college, but got into headphones a couple years ago. Since then I started an audio software company, Darin Fong Audio. We develop and sell Out Of Your Head software which is virtual speaker software for headphones. It gives you the experience of listening to speakers in headphones.

• Yes, I agree to the terms.

Thanks!

Jul 4, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #12 of 148
1. Western New York

2. I have owned many HFM headphones over the years including the HE6 and HE500. Currently favoring LFF's mod'd HE5 and Senn HD800.
Gear: AGD Master 7, Master 6, Cavalli Liquid Glass etc.

3. I've been serious about this hobby for about 10 years now.

4. I do agree to the terms of the tour.

Thanks!

Jul 4, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #13 of 148
1. Which State will the headphone be shipped to?

Oklahoma

Headphone Inventory

AKG K-550
Hifiman RE-262
Koss Portapro
MEElectronics M9
Sennheiser HD600
Sennheiser HD800
Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor

Headphone Amp Inventory

ECP Black Diamond
Headamp GS-X2 (coming in a week or two)
Matrix M-Stage w/USB DAC
Matrix Mini-I DAC/amp
Matrix Mini-I Pro DAC/amp
Schiit Ragnarok (coming soon)

Source Inventory

Matrix X-Sabre
Matrix M-Stage w/USB DAC
Matrix Mini-I DAC/amp
Matrix Mini-I Pro DAC/amp
Rotel RDD-980

Portable Sources
Microsoft Zune 8gb Flash
HTC DNA

Been a member of Head-fi for nearly 12 years and have heard nearly everything in the full size category, and have limited portable/IEM experience. Specific to Hifiman, I have heard the HE Audio Jades, HE-5, HE-5LE, HE-6, RE262, HE500, and HE300. I currently own the RE262 (though a wire is nearly severed and I haven't used it in years), and owned the HE-6 which I ordered upon release and ultimately did not like. My main criticism of your full size line, since the release of the HE-5, has been comfort, and seeing the HE-560 is a completely different design, I am interested to give it a try. Also, the measurements I've seen so far are very promising, especially in the distortion characteristics.

Yes. I would request my audition be placed at least 6 weeks from now to ensure I have had delivery of the Headamp and Schiit amplifiers.

--

To all members trying the HE-560, I recommend you not use USPS. I recently participated in an Oppo PM-1 loaner program and a prior participant had shipped the unit via USPS and his cost was $34. I shipped the unit via Fedex and it was only $25 for about the same distance. More secure and cheaper.

Jul 4, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #14 of 148
1. NY

I only have the UERMs and gr07s now, but I've owned and tried many headphones. See profile for full list.

Amp: UHA-6s MK II, Schiit Vali, Virtue ONE.3
Source: Schiit Gungnir, DX90

Been in the hobby for about 2 years now, having gone from cheap disposable earbuds now to having tried many top headphones. Mostly into speakers now, but a good pair of headphones still makes me smile.

Yep.

Jul 4, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #15 of 148
Hi,
A lot of people have asked for a HE-560 touring event, so July 4th seems to be the perfect day to start this. :gs1000smile:

Oregon

Phones - HE-6, HE-400, Denon D7000, D2000, D5000, D7100, among a few more as well as about 35 others that were auditioned or owned and no longer have.
Amps - 8 vintage systems, mostly Pioneer high end models.
Sources - Pioneer turntable, CD players, digital IPod, iPhones, iPads, computer audio as well.

Extensive.

Yes, agreed to all.

The rules are:

[COLOR=222222]Disclaimer: HifiMan reserves the right to add or change the rules of this event at any time. HifiMan also reserves the right to reject participants. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]So again you ask we deliver. It is the HifiMan way. :) [/COLOR]

Answers above.......or see signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back