= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Feb 26, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #20,821 of 21,171
Thats' what I was starting to think. Thanks!

Feb 28, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #20,822 of 21,171
I have an HE 560 which is either v.2 or v.3. It has metal cups, orange highlights on the headband and 3.5mm connectors. Does this make it an v3?
The v3 has an 8.5 inch head strap, vs the v2 which had the 8 inch strap otherwise they are the same. If bought new from Adorama the v2's were retrofitted by HiFiMan with the longer strap after the complaints came in, but still sold as a v2.

Mar 15, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #20,823 of 21,171
Handled them way too roughly and now I need a new headband. Any suggestions as to which I should get? I'm leaning toward the hybrid but my understanding is that you can't rotate the cups. Seems sturdier though and from the DIY vid easy to install.

I never could abide listening to rock or pop on the 560. I only liked them for classical. Until I downloaded SONEQ that is. If you find the 560 too bright, try these settings. You can really play around with it, gives great sound, and it's free.

SONEQ.png

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #20,824 of 21,171
Handled them way too roughly and now I need a new headband. Any suggestions as to which I should get? I'm leaning toward the hybrid but my understanding is that you can't rotate the cups. Seems sturdier though and from the DIY vid easy to install.

I never could abide listening to rock or pop on the 560. I only liked them for classical. Until I downloaded SONEQ that is. If you find the 560 too bright, try these settings. You can really play around with it, gives great sound, and it's free.

SONEQ.png
Having had both headbands, the original is way more comfortable. Hifiman has a reinforced version for $75. The hybrid cost $125. I found that I really need the swivel earcups for my head anyway.

Mar 15, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #20,825 of 21,171

SONEQ.png
I see Adorams still has them, but they have now raised the price for $9.99 to $39.99 ....still better than the HiFiMan price.

May 9, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #20,827 of 21,171
The v3 has an 8.5 inch head strap, vs the v2 which had the 8 inch strap otherwise they are the same. If bought new from Adorama the v2's were retrofitted by HiFiMan with the longer strap after the complaints came in, but still sold as a v2.

Anybody know whether Adorama was supposed to send me screws with this thing? The old piece is the one inside. They just snapped on. A cinch.

Attachments

• He.jpeg
    He.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 9, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #20,828 of 21,171
Having had both headbands, the original is way more comfortable. Hifiman has a reinforced version for $75. The hybrid cost $125. I found that I really need the swivel earcups for my head anyway.
[/QUOTED]

The headband Adorama sent me is not the snap-on that I had before. It also looks like I need screws to install but none were enclosed. Do you by any chance know whether the ones that Hifiman sells for $75 are the snap-on ones that originally came with my HE560s (which I believe are v2)?

Last edited:
May 9, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #20,830 of 21,171
Your probably going to have to send it back and ask for the other one. I'm not sure that even with the screws it would work.
I jerry-rigged it with some plastic studs. Now I have to decide how stable it is. Since the brackets are flexible, I was able to squeeze them to the point where I think they'll hold the drivers in place while I order a better headband from Hifiman. I'm very disappointed in Adorama though. They don't show you a picture of what you're buying and there's hardly any information. And when the headband arrives it's useless if you don't have the screws. I'd like to know if anybody else ordered from them and whether they included screws.

Attachments

• IMG_0650.jpeg
    IMG_0650.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 9, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #20,831 of 21,171
What am I supposed to do with this headband that Adorama sent me? The old piece that broke just snapped into place. Was Adorama supposed to send me screws with this thing or do you buy them separately?
That looks exactly like the HB I received from Adorama. FWIW my HE-560 V2 HB is held by knurled (hand tightened) silver nuts so one would use the existing nuts on the replacement. I think one could screw some metal, plastic or wood studs to make it work. My HE-400i headband is the snap on design; your 560's must be an earlier model.

May 9, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #20,832 of 21,171
That looks exactly like the HB I received from Adorama. FWIW my HE-560 V2 HB is held by knurled (hand tightened) silver nuts so one would use the existing nuts on the replacement. I think one could screw some metal, plastic or wood studs to make it work. My HE-400i headband is the snap on design; your 560's must be an earlier model.
"Plastic studs" That's exactly what I did since I happened to have some around miraculously. The metal brackets are flexible so I was able to make it work. But yeah I prefer the snap-on design that my HE560s came with.

May 11, 2020 at 11:30 PM Post #20,834 of 21,171
I just got that headband for my 4xx. It didn't come with screws. I was able to use the original screws.
I had the original headband, which didn't require screws. Just snaps on. But I have to say this Adorama headband has grown on me. I don't miss the cup swivel at all, which is not what I would've guessed. In fact, I think I like it better this way since it keeps me from fussing with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back