= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Aug 1, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #19,981 of 21,166
Glad they're making the effort to fix them.
I did like the smooth sound other than some rolled off bass. But as others have posted, a simple pad mod seems to solve that. I might even give them another chance if they go back on sale again with a corrected headband.
It does bother me that there is no yoke swivel on them though, especially since they're using angled pads. Even very cheap headphones can manage some degree of adjustment.

Aug 1, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #19,982 of 21,166
wonder how long they norm
News to all V2 owners, from my Reddit thread:

"I apologize for the delay in updating you all here. We stopped the sale of these headphones, Hifiman is sending 2 people to our warehouse in the next week, to replace all headbands on our existing headphone inventory, as well as making sure the remaining inventory is updated.

If you need a replacement please email our Customer Services Team - [service@adorama.com](mailto:service@adorama.com) with your order number, WITHIN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS!!

*Best wishes*
*Helen Oster*
*Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador*
*Helen@adorama.com*"
someone already got a response from adorama over at reddit

"@HelenOster, I sent an e-mail to service@adorama.com. Someone from Adorama called me and was told that the replacement headband is the same.
That makes me wonder why would hifiman send 2 people, replace all headbands with the same headbands.. lol"

so not sure whats going on lol. seems to be a mess. also they are def still for sale i can add them to my cart and go to checkout.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #19,984 of 21,166
Interesting...I sent mine back on Monday, not to return it because the headband doesn't fit, but because the left cup adjsustment is very loose. I requested an exchange and not a refund. I really like the sound of them.

Aug 2, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #19,985 of 21,166
Wish they would do the same for the defective V1 headbands. On my third one now.

Maybe you know this and don't want it, but I was able to get a new metal headband sent to me on warranty for my 560 v1's when the yoke broke. It's been fine since.

Aug 2, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #19,987 of 21,166
I asked an Adorama representative that contacted me about the new headbands. She says they don't know anything about the headbands. Customer service especially has no idea, so no point in asking them directly. They do want everyone to send theirs in for the replacement though

Aug 2, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #19,988 of 21,166
so the email i just got said this:
Thank you for your request for a headband replacement.

We will be coordinating with the manufacturer regarding this concern.

Please allow within 2 business days for an update.

Thank you for shopping with us we appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Aug 2, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #19,989 of 21,166
I emailed Hifiman about these headbands and they said they could either replace my v2 with the v1 or they could send me just the Sundara headband. Isn't the Sundara headband exactly the same as the v2 headband? I really like the sound of the v2 but I don't know if I'm missing out on anything vs the v1. According the some people the v1 sound better. Also, I don't know if I want to take a risk with the v1 yokes.

Aug 2, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #19,991 of 21,166
I emailed Hifiman about these headbands and they said they could either replace my v2 with the v1 or they could send me just the Sundara headband. Isn't the Sundara headband exactly the same as the v2 headband? I really like the sound of the v2 but I don't know if I'm missing out on anything vs the v1. According the some people the v1 sound better. Also, I don't know if I want to take a risk with the v1 yokes.
wait you mean replace the whole set with a v1 set?? hmmm imo the v1 still sounds better then the v2 overall. but i hated the plastic yokes on the v1 i replaced mine more then once (three times actually) the newest set i am VERY careful with like handling a raw eggshell lol and they seem fine so far. what to do........ i think ill try going directly through hifiman also instead of adorama. and when they said replace the band with the sundara do you know if they meant just the strap or the whole thing yokes and all?? those are both important questions i would love to know.

i really wish they would have combined the best of both for a new headband something with swivel that was metal and not plastic.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #19,993 of 21,166
Maybe you know this and don't want it, but I was able to get a new metal headband sent to me on warranty for my 560 v1's when the yoke broke. It's been fine since.

I also sent Hifiman a photograph of my broken yoke and was kindly sent a metal headband once I sent a copy of my sales invoice

Mine just broke again in past couple weeks, emailed HiFiMan a photo, receipt and serial number and an email that stated:

"I see that you now have an HE560 V2 with a metal headband instead of plastic. Can you send me the metal headband?"

But I was sent another plastic one despite my request. Which person did you deal with?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back