= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jun 15, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #19,682 of 21,168
Well, you are partly correct.

Now here is the thing........in most cases, no matter if the product is brand new or refurb, or just used......if Amazon " fulfills" it for you......."if they ship it to you"......then that is where their control ends.
And what you have to do then is deal with the actual seller if you have issues.

FB1
Amazon has always dealt directly for me, an as per their site:
About Fulfilled by Amazon
Items "Fulfilled by Amazon" are offered by a third-party seller, but shipped from an Amazon Fulfillment Center to you.

All Amazon.com standard shipping rates and policies apply to these items when shipped within the U.S., including free shipping on qualifying orders and Prime shipping. International shipping may not be available for all items.

When your order ships, the carrier, ship date, and estimated delivery date for your package will be listed in Your Account and can be found in your shipment confirmation e-mail. If you have a tracking or delivery confirmation number, you can track your package by clicking the Track packages link in Your Account.

Amazon also handles all customer service and product returns for "Fulfilled by Amazon" items. If you need assistance with anything, please visit our Help pages by clicking the word "Help" at the top of any page of our website.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 2:01 AM Post #19,683 of 21,168
The interesting part is that this separation is not happening post production. Both units were very strong at the defect. I was not even able to move the plastic piece at all with force, let alone push it back in place. These both set like this in manufacture and then passed QC...
That sucks and I'm not sure how I'd go from there. One part of me says to get a refund but another part says its a great deal and if you like the sound then you got them at a great price compared to those like me who got them when they first came out. Hard choices and I'd be interested to see what you do.

Jun 16, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #19,684 of 21,168
Amazon also handles all customer service and product returns for "Fulfilled by Amazon" items. I

This simply is not true.
Frogmeat69......Have you ever actually purchased anything , thru Amazon, that is not purchased FROM Amazon, and returned it? ??????????
If so, you would know that Amazon does not handle the return...... always.
For example, if you buy a new or used set of headphones or a Camera from a "seller" using Amazon, YOU will return it, using the carrier of your choice, and you will not get a return Label From "Amazon".
YOU will have to create it, and sometimes the seller will have a label You can print, but not always.
Sometimes you just get their ADDRESS and their RA-# and that is IT.
Need another example?........Go and Buy a set of Headphones, thru Amazon, from MR SPEAKERS, AND REQUEST A RETURN.
Buy a Aeon C, or a Aeon Flow, and return them.
YOU WILL SHIP THEM BACK, USING UPS, OR FDX, OR USPS, AND YOU WILL PAY FOR THE COST, AND AMAZON WILL DO NOTHING !

Amazon does NOT handle your returns if you buy from a "seller", ...YOU WILL DEAL WITH THEM ACCORDING TO HOW THE SELLER HAS STIPULATE THE RETURN.

FB1

Jun 16, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #19,685 of 21,168
@frogmeat69 and @FullBright1

Please move this discussion to the Amazon complaint page. No one wants to read your "how Amazon works" theories instead of topics that involve let's say perhaps...HiFiman HE560s?

Or at least figure out how DMs work, please?

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #19,686 of 21,168
That sucks and I'm not sure how I'd go from there. One part of me says to get a refund but another part says its a great deal and if you like the sound then you got them at a great price compared to those like me who got them when they first came out. Hard choices and I'd be interested to see what you do.

From what it seems, I don't think they are going to do anything. It has already been a couple of days since my last email was answered. I was pretty teste in it too. I pretty much said I was going to ask on Head-Fi how their customer service has been for other members and if anyone else has seen what I got.

I'll email again in a couple of days to "Mark" and let him know I don't expect anything else since a lot of people said to expect very little from his department and I should consider myself lucky I even got one replacement :wink:

Jun 17, 2018 at 12:45 AM Post #19,688 of 21,168
@frogmeat69 and @FullBright1

Please move this discussion to the Amazon complaint page. No one wants to read your "how Amazon works" theories instead of topics that involve let's say perhaps...HiFiman HE560s?

Or at least figure out how DMs work, please?
Sorry Dad, us kids will stop now.

Jun 20, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #19,689 of 21,168
@Hansolo76, hope you get the issue resolved to your satisfaction and if you feel that others might benefit please post back here what happens.

Sue for the win! Not what you think :wink:

So anyways, after another few days of no reply to my last email and I decided to give the HiFiman Customer Service line a call. No answer, big surprise.

I suddenly get a call back from their number and it is Sue from HiFiman. Sue asks me what the issue is and I tell her. She listened to me and answered all my concerns in a very pleasant and professional way. She explains to me that Mark is currently out of the country at a trade show exhibit and has very limited internet access. Before he left for the trade show he had some pretty big things going on as well. She took great care and consideration in my issue with the defects with my unit and instantly offered up a great solution. She made sure I got her email and read my previous email conversations when I added her to the thread. I haven't been physically resolved yet, but I am more than happy with the new level of attention that my issue has received.

Kudos to Sue from HiFiman and Kudos to HiFiman for hiring her :)

I was very close to never buying another new unit from them ever again. Hopefully this fixes all.

Jun 24, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #19,691 of 21,168
Just to follow up, my replacement headband came yesterday and it is the newer one with metal yokes. I'm gonna hold off on installing it until my crazy glue/gorilla tape job fails, but I'm very happy! Love the sound of these...

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #19,692 of 21,168
This simply is not true.
Frogmeat69......Have you ever actually purchased anything , thru Amazon, that is not purchased FROM Amazon, and returned it? ??????????
If so, you would know that Amazon does not handle the return...... always.
For example, if you buy a new or used set of headphones or a Camera from a "seller" using Amazon, YOU will return it, using the carrier of your choice, and you will not get a return Label From "Amazon".
YOU will have to create it, and sometimes the seller will have a label You can print, but not always.
Sometimes you just get their ADDRESS and their RA-# and that is IT.
Need another example?........Go and Buy a set of Headphones, thru Amazon, from MR SPEAKERS, AND REQUEST A RETURN.
Buy a Aeon C, or a Aeon Flow, and return them.
YOU WILL SHIP THEM BACK, USING UPS, OR FDX, OR USPS, AND YOU WILL PAY FOR THE COST, AND AMAZON WILL DO NOTHING !

Amazon does NOT handle your returns if you buy from a "seller", ...YOU WILL DEAL WITH THEM ACCORDING TO HOW THE SELLER HAS STIPULATE THE RETURN.

FB1

I'm a corner case perhaps. Member of Amazon since 1997. Over 6000 items bought by my family in that time. 15 items total returned. A seller sold me a messed up set of LCD-2's - they were a bit less shape wise than described, and they sounded awful. Bass when no bass was present. Mids obscured by bass. my SR80e's sounded twice as good. Seller refused to return, went to Amazon, described my issues and got a refund for the full price. I had to pay ship and ins which was nothing compared to the $$ I spent.

YMMV

Jun 25, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #19,693 of 21,168
I'm a corner case perhaps. Member of Amazon since 1997. Over 6000 items bought by my family in that time. 15 items total returned. A seller sold me a messed up set of LCD-2's - they were a bit less shape wise than described, and they sounded awful. Bass when no bass was present. Mids obscured by bass. my SR80e's sounded twice as good. Seller refused to return, went to Amazon, described my issues and got a refund for the full price. I had to pay ship and ins which was nothing compared to the $$ I spent.

YMMV

Ive not been an Amazon user since 1997.
But, i am a Prime Member and have all the Amazon Cards, and probably buy, at least 10 items a month, since i joined, about 8 yrs ago.
Adding up that time - math means i have spent a lot of shekels with Amazon, and will continue to do so, because i appreciate that if you have an issue with a purchase, they will resolve it.....quickly.
I also love "free 2-day Shipping", tho i often use "overnight", and have gotten many items delivered using USPS, on Sunday....which is great.

I use to be a person who would spend many frustrating hours shopping for birthday gifts and Christmas gifts, in stores, hoping to find the "right" Gift.
Once i started using Amazon, i stopped walking Malls and similar, and now i just take my time, within the Amazon Inventory, and always find the perfect Gifts.
If this fails, which is seldom, there is always online shopping somewhere that is going to have the gifts i want to give.
IF all that fails, i just give money, as who doesn't want more?

And about the HE560s. They are my 2nd favorite Hifiman Headphones.
My #1 is the HE500s.
These 2 are unique within the Hifiman Family.
They way i hear them.....is......If you have $1000 to spend and you have to have a Hiffiman to satisfy your most recent G.A.S. ... And you are into the AKG, Beyer, OneMore H1707s, or the "house" Audio-Technica sound, then the HE560s would work for you, whereas...... if you are into the Sennheiser HE6-series, Aeon, or Audeze, sound ... then the HE500 is your winner.

Jul 11, 2018 at 3:35 AM Post #19,694 of 21,168
It only took me four tries over 10 months but I finally managed to get a small TRRS plug soldered on the stock cable! Too bad it's with the cheapo part (on which the strain relief clasp broke immediately so it's secured with dental floss... at least it smells minty) instead of the fancy Oyaide plug I botched my last attempt with:sweat_smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back