= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Feb 3, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #18,871 of 21,171
They are an authorized retailer so I doubt it's counterfeit. They didn't give me an option for exchange either but I think it's because they don't have any in stock. They probably have a large back order list going right now
The whole thing about the Adorama ones having a balanced cable and HiFiMan denying that they include a balanced cable with the 560 made me suspicious. The huge failure rate seems to support the notion. Plenty of authorized sellers cut corners and do some grey market importing. So I don't find it unlikely especially at that suspiciously low price. Maybe it's legit but I have serious doubts. We will see if HiFiMan actually honors the warranties on these pieces of crap. If they do I'll regret sending it back to Adorama.

Feb 3, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #18,872 of 21,171
The whole thing about the Adorama ones having a balanced cable and HiFiMan denying that they include a balanced cable with the 560 made me suspicious. The huge failure rate seems to support the notion. Plenty of authorized sellers cut corners and do some grey market importing. So I don't find it unlikely especially at that suspiciously low price. Maybe it's legit but I have serious doubts. We will see if HiFiMan actually honors the warranties on these pieces of crap. If they do I'll regret sending it back to Adorama.

They honored mine. They sent me a new head band for the HE560. It came to me in 2 days!
Adorama's been around for a very long time and has a retail store. It would surprise me if they did fishy business. I've purchased camera and headphone equipment from them over the years.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #18,873 of 21,171
This issue with the snapping yokes seems to have popped up since the Adorama deal. I read tonnes of this thread prior to and since getting my 560's and don't recall anyone having this issue until now. That leads me to think that it's perhaps a bad batch with a manufacturing defect, or something along those lines. A replacement might rectify it... or, if they only have the bad run in stock, you might up the creek.

Yeah all these complaints about defective 560s started all of a sudden it seems to me. I got mine directly from HifiMan a few months ago and so far so good. A couple of weeks ago, I accidentally dropped it on the floor and nothing happened to it. And a few days before that I stepped on the cable, which popped out of the jack, but I just plugged it in again and continued listening to music.

Feb 3, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #18,874 of 21,171
I got in on the Adorama deal last week. No issues so far. Was everyone able to register their pair online?

Feb 3, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #18,875 of 21,171
I got in on the Adorama deal last week. No issues so far. Was everyone able to register their pair online?

mine is registered online.

Feb 4, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #18,880 of 21,171
Or counterfeit 560s. I asked Adorama for an exchange and they refused and gave my money back instead.
They're not counterfeit. Adorama can't exchange it. They don't have anymore to swap yours for.

Really?!?!? Between the two you think Adorama is more likely to be at fault than HiFiman? Can you share what you're smoking with the rest of us? It must be really good. I got a bad pair from another online retailer, so it's not just Adorama who got bad HE-560's from HiFiman.

Feb 4, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #18,881 of 21,171
I got mine from Adorama also, no issues at all. I have over 200 hundred hours on mine, no rattling or anything else that I can see or hear. However, I have not made up my mind yet, if the sound signature is what I want.

Feb 4, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #18,882 of 21,171
Lol why is this becoming a cable forum? Also people who are claiming that they hear difference with silver cables can you tell me why that is?

Silver cables have measurable higher group delay which is bad

Silver has a lower resistance, but that can be negotiated if we use a thicker, shorter copper cable

Frequency Analyzers that are more sensitive than human ears can pick up either extremely small or no differences between the two.

As we age our hearing gets worse, so I am not sure why people are hearing differences

Anywho those are just my opinions before I get an angry mob ready to attack me.

:)

Feb 5, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #18,883 of 21,171
They honored mine. They sent me a new head band for the HE560. It came to me in 2 days!
Adorama's been around for a very long time and has a retail store. It would surprise me if they did fishy business. I've purchased camera and headphone equipment from them over the years.

Do you notice a different in the plastic between the new and old head band? And you were able to get it on to the headphones without it snapping like a twig?

Feb 5, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #18,884 of 21,171
Do you notice a different in the plastic between the new and old head band? And you were able to get it on to the headphones without it snapping like a twig?

Looks/Feels the same to me. The new one was put on pretty easily. No issues thus far.

Feb 5, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #18,885 of 21,171
Just placed an order for these because the price was fantastic with the adorama deal, however they're back ordered. Has anyone received a pair after being back ordered? Wondering if there's any chance of actually getting them after reading about them possibly stopping production on them. Also makes it tougher to get a replacement if I loose the rattle lottery.

BTW, I experienced the rattle/resonance at certain frequencies issue with the Edition X V2 and had to return to Adorama. I wonder if it's just more people buying because of the deals Adorama has, thus the higher reported number of issues, or if it's somehow specific to Adorama. Just strange that I had the same issue with the Edition X V2, a $1200 headphone, that I also got for a good deal from Adorama.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back