= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Oct 14, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #9,106 of 21,168
Unfortunately, there is a little humor in this discussion. While I was earning my Electronics degree, a classmate had a brother working on an EE degree at GA Tech.

My friend having a noise issue with a car stereo system. Knowing I had a large collection of parts, he asked if I had a large electrolytic cap on hand.

As we were installing it, the brother asked what us "idiots" were doing. When I described the noise filter we were installing - he had a complete come-apart! "Capacitors don't work that way!", he shrieked.

After 1-1/2 hours of intense calculating I have ever witnesses, the best he could say was, "Well, maybe.....". He then listened to what we had done and walked away shaking his head.

The point: The view you have been exposed to may be technically correct, but that doesn't mean it covers all of the bases. To some, a knife is only a weapon. Mine is used to strip wire, personally.

Oct 14, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #9,107 of 21,168
You guys are all funny, nice to see the thread recovering!

Oct 14, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #9,109 of 21,168

Actually, I am a Scientist, in Health Care, our educations are very similar. Though am keenly aware of the limits of science's, and grow angry at those who treat it as a religion, following just as blindly as Jihadists. Telling other's what they see, hear, to believe and to dismiss. When you have passed through a new objectivist Guru every decade, they became very droll.

I think Money was asking a valid question and trying to understand what makes one amp sound better than another to some people. If it is not really power output, then what is it?
If we can't measure it yet, maybe understanding it better would allow that. 10 years ago they couldn't measure thought patterns in the brain, now they can. Science and engineering are making huge strides in medicine, because of greater understanding of the human body. So should we quit asking questions about audio from an Engineering standpoint ?
In any case, I don't recall Money telling anyone what they hear or that they had to perceive things according to objectivist rules. Perhaps you are a bit too sensitive on this subject.

Oct 14, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #9,110 of 21,168
^ That is entirely possible, my patience is not what it once was, probaliy should count too ten next time.

Oct 14, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #9,111 of 21,168
I have a feeling there is still ore coming out of Fang bag of goodies soon. The new amp is a giant killer for the money he is asking EF100 sounded excellent with the HE560 and for $499.00 it also drives speakers.

Is this the hybrid amp with built-in DAC? Any idea of the release date? Any detailed impressions/reviews forthcoming?

Oct 14, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #9,116 of 21,168

Get that man a Xanax and something to wash it down 
wink.gif

It's OK, my wife's a pharmacist.

Oct 14, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #9,118 of 21,168
Has anyone tried the He-560 with any portable amps they have that do a decent job driving them? Currently at home I am using the Audio-gd NFB 28 and it is really growing on me, but for when I am in my bed or something I am now using the Cayin C5 with a rockboxed iPod, and it sounds fantastic for what it is. Good clarity and detail with nice impact in a bass.

Oct 14, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #9,120 of 21,168

Get that man a Xanax and something to wash it down 
wink.gif

It's OK, my wife's a pharmacist.

You lucky person, access to pharmaceuticals through marriage. So clever. Put my back out a few days ago, can't even put my socks on today. What I wouldn't give to have some pharma help right now. I could take my wife's anti-depressants and get that plastic head feeling. That might help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back