= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Sep 4, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #7,846 of 21,166
OMG!!! I didn't realize that hifiman sold headphone stands for the he560/he400i!!!!! they look sick & only $20!!!!! damnnn, with a ton of 'fancy' stands costing $50+, this is such a steal. Anyone have them?

http://head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=217

Sep 4, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #7,847 of 21,166
Sep 4, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #7,848 of 21,166
For those interested Headroom is given 20% off in stock items again and HE-560 is in stock ( a bargain !!!)

how do you guys know when there is a 20% discount?

It was just coincidence cause i went to the page to see some graphs , but they regularly give those discounts in special dates , like Labor Day . You have to be attent and visit tha page in a regular basis.

Sep 4, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #7,849 of 21,166
Wow, me neither!
Those are some seriously good stands for the
money.

Very nice I wonder if that is applicable to the 20% headphone discount. .

Sep 4, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #7,852 of 21,166
It was just coincidence cause i went to the page to see some graphs , but they regularly give those discounts in special dates , like Labor Day . You have to be attent and visit tha page in a regular basis.

thank you for your reply..I will check them regulary..20% off is a big big discount for me esp for a HP costing 900 bucks

Agree. Besides at 720 bucks for this kind of performance , it is a bargain ! IMO.

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #7,853 of 21,166
Agree. Besides at 720 bucks for this kind of performance , it is a bargain ! IMO.

I would say even though it is efficient, when amped well it just gets better like all the hifiman cans. .
Herd it on a "First Watt" amp on speaker taps with a grill & fuzzer modded He6 to compare and they both were amazing, like brothers... On that amp..

The HE6 had a slight but dynamic punch but everything else I favored the he560 in soundstage and dimensionality and energy while the he6 seemed sweeter and a bit closer with a bit added life.
Both were moded so can't say for stock.
Although I didn't have the pad felt removed from the he560 focusA pads so with that boost in sound perception I would have to say they should now be equals in realism (!!!)..or more!
Blasphemy! I know! :)

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #7,854 of 21,166
Hi,
​It seems that some of you have already found out about this. Anyway, HIFIMAN Headphone Stand is available on head-direct.com.

It looks good and it only costs $20. This is the same stand we use at various shows (CanJam or CES) and meets, so I can tell you that they are definitely durable. :wink:

Here is the link.  http://head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=217

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Sep 4, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #7,855 of 21,166
I would say even though it is efficient, when amped well it just gets better like all the hifiman cans. .
Herd it on a "First Watt" amp on speaker taps with a grill & fuzzer modded He6 to compare and they both were amazing, like brothers... On that amp..

The HE6 had a slight but dynamic punch but everything else I favored the he560 in soundstage and dimensionality and energy while the he6 seemed sweeter and a bit closer with a bit added life.
Both were moded so can't say for stock.
Although I didn't have the pad felt removed from the he560 focusA pads so with that boost in sound perception I would have to say they should now be equals in realism (!!!)..or more!
Blasphemy! I know! :)

How do you like the 560 with Oppo HA-1 ?

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #7,856 of 21,166
  That would be great as I suspect the signature of the Novo might actually be pretty good for the 560, as long as it can generate enough current. As I said, from memory the Novo had quite good performance and I think Slee, despite being a little full of himself (based on reading his soapbox rants) he has an excellent ear and voices his gear to be very musical.

Tried comparing the Novo with my M1HPAP (and quickly tested with the XM6 also) now. These are only some brief-ish impressions, but I can at least say that the Novo seems to have no problem driving the HE-560 whatsoever. As far as power is considered it actually drives the HE-560 with slightly smaller turn of the volume knob when compared to the M1. Putting the volume up to 12 o'clock was almost painfully loud on both anyway.

The biggest difference in sound is that the soundstage is more directed to the front with the Novo while the M1HPA seems to spread it much wider to the sides (I tested this with Christopher Tin - Iza Ngomso and some tracks & stereo pink noise from the Chesky's Ultimate Headphone Demonstration Disc). Novo could also have a bit more apparent sub-bass rolloff, but I don't really have any measurments or such to back that claim.

You don't need to worry about power, that's for sure. At least in my ears Novo perhaps brought a bit more emphasis to the mid/upper mids in comparison to my other headphone amps. Made the sound a bit less laid-back, which is preferable in some cases while not so much in others.

Sep 4, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #7,857 of 21,166
How do you like the 560 with Oppo HA-1 ?

The HA-1 gives all headphones a large soundstage and a slightly sweet sound with higher resolution than any tube amps I owned or herd.
Compared to other SS amps like the expensive "First Watt", it seems more spatial and tingling(airy details) more like a high end tube than a SS amp.

On the he560 they are a sweet match as the he560 gets more 3D and sweet.

Sep 4, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #7,858 of 21,166
Also the small "Virtue" amp on speaker tap sounded extremely musical and organic on the he560.
If I didn't have the ha1 I would go for this amazing lil amp.

Sep 4, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #7,859 of 21,166
Than
The HA-1 gives all headphones a large soundstage and a slightly sweet sound with higher resolution than any tube amps I owned or herd.
Compared to other SS amps like the expensive "First Watt", it seems more spatial and tingling(airy details) more like a high end tube than a SS amp.

On the he560 they are a sweet match as the he560 gets more 3D and sweet.

Thanks for your impressions .

Sep 4, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #7,860 of 21,166
I just found this picture from another thread, and yeah, it useful as hell to describe what I'm feeling with my 560. The sound is not really coming from ' directly in front of your face in a cone shape' like what speakers can do. Hope to try the HD800 with good amping one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back