= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jul 1, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #4,172 of 21,168
  Would I be too pushy to ask why it was taken down?

Aw heck, I'll be pushy! Why was it taken down?

Great, fair question.  I've had that happen before and I thought it was my memory failing me.  Hmmm...........

Jul 1, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #4,174 of 21,168
Thanks. So are we going to see results in this thread or somewhere else? I'm not particularly anxious, but just curious. 

Jul 1, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #4,176 of 21,168

tongue.gif
I just got this email from Razordog...

From the RazorDog house to you. 
All of the items from order #6xxx have now been shipped:

1x HiFiMAN HE-560 full-size Planar Drive Headphones *NEW!* - RazorDog! Every Day Low Price:

They are being shipped via USPS to the following address:

Followed up one minute later by:

"Label printed and tracking sent. Will release shipment ASAP on arrival of inventory later this week. Thanks!"

Man... what a tease... Ha 
tongue.gif

Just got the same email! Man I thought it was finally shipped but still gotta wait a bit longer, drivin me crazy.

Jul 2, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #4,178 of 21,168
So where exactly are the measurements or images?
 I cannot find them.

Jul 2, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #4,180 of 21,168

I see you're from Chicago...  The Chicago Head-Fi meet was a week ago :p  The 560's were available to audition there :/  Some people brought 500's with them too.  Oppo models were there too... 

Thank you for providing that information and thanks to the other guys/gals for their opinions re HD700 HE500/560. I will catch it next year. 

Jul 2, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #4,181 of 21,168
It may sound a little nuts, but I am a little torn here. I can afford the 560, but it is still expensive and not a purchase I can just make lightly, but I can make it. What gives me pause is that I keep reading how good the NAD HP50 really is, which I own. For such a significant outlay in cash I am worried that the 560 won't really be very much different than the HP50 in terms of overall sound quality. On the off chance, has anybody here heard both and have any thoughts? As a related question, would the Asgard 2 be a decent match? Thoughts, musings rants, opinions, all are welcome.

Jul 2, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #4,182 of 21,168
  It may sound a little nuts, but I am a little torn here. I can afford the 560, but it is still expensive and not a purchase I can just make lightly, but I can make it. What gives me pause is that I keep reading how good the NAD HP50 really is, which I own. For such a significant outlay in cash I am worried that the 560 won't really be very much different than the HP50 in terms of overall sound quality. On the off chance, has anybody here heard both and have any thoughts? As a related question, would the Asgard 2 be a decent match? Thoughts, musings rants, opinions, all are welcome.

People have stated that the Asgard 2 is a good match for the HE-560...  I can't confirm this though :/  The NAD HP50 sounded warmer to my ears with more controlled treble; it was a little too warm for my tastes...  The sub-bass was a little more one-noted than I'd like, the 560 rectifies this a little better.  You should also get a little more upper-midrange energy from the 560 as well.  Keep in mind that this is all from memory (I don't have the HP50 any longer :frowning2: ). 

Jul 2, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #4,183 of 21,168
I think the HE560s will be significantly "better" than the HP50s. Now, I haven't heard the HE560's yet but as a previous owner of the HE400s and Stax gear (the electrostatic references) and having just returned my HP50s, I am sure that the HE560s will be a much clearer window to the music.

I had great hopes for the HP50s and ultimately returned them for comfort and fit issues, but still, coming from the HE400, I wasn't particularly wowed by them.  I didn't really get what that "room feel" was really all about unless it was that the sound wasn't right between the ears.  My memory is that they were very balanced sounding but still felt a little closed in.   I had problems with the HE400 sound as I found them peaky with the pleather pads and though the velours smoothed them out, they lost some of their clarity.  Still I found them more engaging and alive than the HP50s but also more fatiguing.
That said, if the HP50s didn't fit my head and ears so poorly, I probably would have kept them.  

But... from what I'm reading about the HE560s, and having been a previous owner of HD800, T1, Stax007 mk1, it sounds like a headphone that will be a very welcome relief to a long enough drought without the likes of those.

Jul 2, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #4,184 of 21,168

People have stated that the Asgard 2 is a good match for the HE-560...  I can't confirm this though :/  The NAD HP50 sounded warmer to my ears with more controlled treble; it was a little too warm for my tastes...  The sub-bass was a little more one-noted than I'd like, the 560 rectifies this a little better.  You should also get a little more upper-midrange energy from the 560 as well.  Keep in mind that this is all from memory (I don't have the HP50 any longer :frowning2: ). 

Try the WA7 with the HE560, they pair very well :)  

Jul 2, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #4,185 of 21,168
  I think the HE560s will be significantly "better" than the HP50s. (...)

I really hope! I did not really like the HP-50, it sounded unnatural to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back