= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Apr 24, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #1,471 of 21,171
  The Emotiva is not bright, but it can be a bit edgy sounding in the treble (also source dependent) and it certainly does nothing to hide the 10KHz peak in HE-500s. The HE-500 has some uneven frequency response in the lower treble, so it would be nice if the HE-560 fixes this, but it will give the impression that is slightly brighter compared to the HE-500. 
Personally with the improved efficiency of the HE-560s I wouldn't bother with a speaker amp. Might actually regret selling my Project Sunrise 2 amp...

Well the Emo is brighter than both the GS-X mk2 and my F1J, and the GS-X mk2 is warmer than the F1J - so it all depends on your point of reference.  It can also be a little edgy - I agree.  My speaker amp is a really low powered / low gain one.  It's won out over every headphone amp I've owned.  I can't wait to try the 560s on it.  It seems to bring the best out of every headphone I've tried it with thus far..  Very DAC dependent thou.

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #1,472 of 21,171

The Emotiva is not bright, but it can be a bit edgy sounding in the treble (also source dependent) and it certainly does nothing to hide the 10KHz peak in HE-500s. The HE-500 has some uneven frequency response in the lower treble, so it would be nice if the HE-560 fixes this, but it will give the impression that is slightly brighter compared to the HE-500. 
Personally with the improved efficiency of the HE-560s I wouldn't bother with a speaker amp. Might actually regret selling my Project Sunrise 2 amp...

Well the Emo is brighter than both the GS-X mk2 and my F1J, and the GS-X mk2 is warmer than the F1J - so it all depends on your point of reference.  It can also be a little edgy - I agree.  My speaker amp is a really low powered / low gain one.  It's won out over every headphone amp I've owned.  I can't wait to try the 560s on it.  It seems to bring the best out of every headphone I've tried it with thus far..  Very DAC dependent thou.

Nice gears listed in your profile......IT guys always have a good setup!

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #1,473 of 21,171
Is the smc connector the same as other hifiman cans?
How will the cable be?
Will it be different than past?

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #1,474 of 21,171
Is the smc connector the same as other hifiman cans?
How will the cable be?
Will it be different than past?

It is the same connector as all the other Hifiman cables.

Apr 26, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #1,478 of 21,171
  Not trying to fuel any of the recent comments, but if you're the type of buyer who likes to be deeply informed before purchases and care about industry comparisons in reviews, then you need to expect to wait weeks or months after the release of new products to get all the information you crave. We're in a pre-order period. This isn't a great time to try and get comprehensive comparisons and "mature" listening opinions based in hundreds of hours of listening. Those reviews come with time after release and shipment.

Not everyone is an early adopter type. Frankly, in a market like headphones, sometimes I feel like the early adopters get the shortest end of the stick. There's value in being patient and reaping the benefits of model revisions. The only benefit to buying early is being popular at a few meets and getting audio hipster cred.

+2. Thanks. After reading this post, I will wait for the "dust to settle down". Don't get me wrong, I owned the HE500 with the Jergpads (by Modulor) and its been over a month since I sold them. I loved that sound and I am sure that Dr. Fang would have likely improved on it. The thing is I have the HE 4 and I am curious to read more comparisons between that and the 560.

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #1,479 of 21,171
No one is posting anything currently about HE560 because whatever needs to be said / described has been said. I mean I could talk about my daily experiences listening to it but that'd be trite 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #1,480 of 21,171
No one is posting anything currently about HE560 because whatever needs to be said / described has been said. I mean I could talk about my daily experiences listening to it but that'd be trite :rolleyes:

I have never been a proponent to cables, until I herd a difference myself with my HD800, switching off the stock cable gave me less strident trebles especially using Cardas cable.

So my question is what do you think of the he560 cable?
Is it any difference than past hifiman cable and is it good for you?
I don't expect the cable to make as much difference as it did with the hd800 and not really looking to upgrade but very curious.

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #1,481 of 21,171
I have never been a proponent to cables, until I herd a difference myself with my HD800, switching off the stock cable gave me less strident trebles especially using Cardas cable.

I don't expect the cable to make as much difference as it did with the hd800 and not really looking to upgrade but very curious.

I tried to compare between the sound of the new silver/copper hybrid cable, and the pure copper cable I have before, but couldn't discern any marked difference. I guess my ears aren't acute enough to judge cables.

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #1,482 of 21,171

I tried to compare between the sound of the new silver/copper hybrid cable, and the pure copper cable I have before, but couldn't discern any marked difference. I guess my ears aren't acute enough to judge cables.

Can you see the wires in the cable or is it sleeved?  Silver/copper hybrid, no one has posted a picture....is one wire silver, the other copper, or are copper and silver combined in the same wire, such as doublehelixcables Fusion?  Is it Silver plated copper, or pure silver?  Any scenario could produce a different sound between the three I listed!

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #1,483 of 21,171

Can you see the wires in the cable or is it sleeved?  Silver/copper hybrid, no one has posted a picture....is one wire silver, the other copper, or are copper and silver combined in the same wire, such as doublehelixcables Fusion?  Is it Silver plated copper, or pure silver?  Any scenario could produce a different sound between the three I listed!

It's sleeved, so no idea.

Apr 26, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #1,484 of 21,171
I don't normally speculate on what Hifiman calls silver/copper hybrid, but cost would dictate it isn't pure silver, more likely silver plated copper, lower cost!

Apr 26, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #1,485 of 21,171
  I don't normally speculate on what Hifiman calls silver/copper hybrid, but cost would dictate it isn't pure silver, more likely silver plated copper, lower cost!

Nah, HFM has SPC cables before, those are the stiff ones packaged with HE500. These are supposedly quite different.

In the Hifiman press release, these cables are "Newly-designed cable of Crystalline metal featuring Oxygen-free copper and Oxygen-free silver" whatever that means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back