= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jul 20, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #19,771 of 21,166
Well, didn't expect this. These actually have 3.5mm connectors, not 2.5mm like the originals. Don't believe that was mentioned at all on Adorama's page.

And then there's the suspension strap, which on my pair is FAR too short. I can barely stretch the headband out enough to just get it on my head (which is quite average sized). In comparison my Sundara's have far more slack in the suspension band.

So yea... Good old HiFiman. :laughing:
dang that sounds like a bummer. hope its not to bad. not that i have a huge head lol. yeah i didnt see the 3.5mm either. honestly im curious if these even really have the 560 drivers in them hmmmm mine will be here monday

Jul 20, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #19,773 of 21,166
dang that sounds like a bummer. hope its not to bad. not that i have a huge head lol. yeah i didnt see the 3.5mm either. honestly im curious if these even really have the 560 drivers in them hmmmm mine will be here monday

I'll pop them open in a little bit, but they've either been re-tuned or use a different driver. I need to do a little bit more listening and I'll comment on the sound change.

Jul 20, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #19,776 of 21,166
I like the color scheme and design of the V2, at least from the photos. I am getting them on Monday and hoping it’s got decent build quality and no glaring defects. I’ve never heard the 560. I had the Edition X V2 a while back and thought it sounded phenomenal but couldn’t believe how they were built for the price. The V2 at $300 is much less of a risk and seems like a very good deal. I just don’t believe a retail price of $899 is all that honest though. Probably more like $499 like what the older 560’s are going for so it’s not as dramatic a drop as they advertise.

Jul 20, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #19,777 of 21,166
Thanks, all I want is a little more bass on HE560. Hopefully, V2 will be better than original.

Sorry, I wouldn't get your hopes up. That's the first thing I noticed about the v2's.

i had a feeling these would be tuned a bit different. im curious to hear your thoughts

As far as I can tell, the drivers/magnet structure are identical on the originals and v2's.

Jul 20, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #19,779 of 21,166
so u think the v2 has even less bass then the older ones did?

Most certainly, no question. There's less quantity, especially in the mid-bass and sub-bass on the v2's. There's possibly even some roll off in the very low frequencies. The v2's aren't as bright sounding as the originals. The highs have been reduced and rolled off slightly. Overall the treble come across smoother sounding than the originals, but not as crisp and energetic. The mids on the v2's seem also feel like they've been emphasized more. I'd say the v2's comes across as a more laid back sounding version of the original. Depending on what you're looking for (and possibly what gear your pairing with), this could be a good or bad thing. I personally enjoyed the originals more on almost everything I tested them on.

I'll spend some more time with them and try them with some different gear. Post some more thoughts.

Jul 20, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #19,781 of 21,166
Most certainly, no question. There's less quantity, especially in the mid-bass and sub-bass on the v2's. There's possibly even some roll off in the very low frequencies. The v2's aren't as bright sounding as the originals. The highs have been reduced and rolled off slightly. Overall the treble come across smoother sounding than the originals, but not as crisp and energetic. The mids on the v2's seem also feel like they've been emphasized more. I'd say the v2's comes across as a more laid back sounding version of the original. Depending on what you're looking for (and possibly what gear your pairing with), this could be a good or bad thing. I personally enjoyed the originals more on almost everything I tested them on.

I'll spend some more time with them and try them with some different gear. Post some more thoughts.

That sounds awesome to me. I’ve always found the 560 to be too bright in the upper mids and treble. Their bass is great though and certainly doesn’t need less...

Jul 20, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #19,782 of 21,166
Do they need burn-in time? Just asking.

That's a whole other ball of wax, but I'd say probably not.

The original 560's I used were also pretty much brand new. Had less than an hour on them.

Jul 21, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #19,785 of 21,166
And then there's the suspension strap, which on my pair is FAR too short. I can barely stretch the headband out enough to just get it on my head (which is quite average sized). In comparison my Sundara's have far more slack in the suspension band.

So yea... Good old HiFiman. :laughing:
Ya, the suspension strap is on the short side, the good news is, it fits my 2 year old grandson pretty good !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back