= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Mar 3, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #19,141 of 21,166
Interesting. I would go for the Brainwavz Angled Velour pads based on what I've heard of the treble.

I put my velours away as I find the Dekoni ones to fit better and more comfortable. The Velour pads are oval shaped and not circular and thicker so they do look a little odd. Plus their manufacturing makes each pad different shaped than another one and the two of mine arent even close to the same shape - seams arent even in same location and one side is padded more. Doubt it affects too much in terms of sound, but it's annoying to look at. :)

Mar 3, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #19,142 of 21,166
Model is ready to print, let me know if there is any interest. Some assembly will be required.

Yoke.png

Mar 3, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #19,143 of 21,166
I've got mine last month from Adorama sale.
Luckily, still not broken.
Came in cardboard box.

Seven digit numbers are serial numbers for the units which can be seen under the ear pads and written on the warranty card as well. (thus there are two numbers on the card)
Four digit numbers are on the back side of right slider on the headband and the same number sticker is on the bottom of the box.

Just my guess but could the four digit numbers on the headband be the serial number for Adorama special? which is in cardboard box and XLR cable bundled.
1st gen box: wooden box with slide cover,
2nd gen box: pleather covered clamshell with cardboard tube cover and still on the official web site,
and the one I got from Adorama: fancy cardboard box.

I searched for the photos of HE560 on the web but the old ones (not the solid wood prototype) don't have number on the back of the right slider.

I bought mine in Nov. '17 from Headphone Bar in Canada. There are the driver serial numbers but there is no number on the slider or box and also no issues with the yoke.

Mar 3, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #19,144 of 21,166
I bought mine in Nov. '17 from Headphone Bar in Canada. There are the driver serial numbers but there is no number on the slider or box and also no issues with the yoke.

Nearly the same situation as mine, but I bought mine in December, 2017, from HiFiMan directly.

Mar 3, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #19,145 of 21,166
I've got mine last month from Adorama sale.
Luckily, still not broken.
Came in cardboard box.

Seven digit numbers are serial numbers for the units which can be seen under the ear pads and written on the warranty card as well. (thus there are two numbers on the card)
Four digit numbers are on the back side of right slider on the headband and the same number sticker is on the bottom of the box.

Just my guess but could the four digit numbers on the headband be the serial number for Adorama special? which is in cardboard box and XLR cable bundled.
1st gen box: wooden box with slide cover,
2nd gen box: pleather covered clamshell with cardboard tube cover and still on the official web site,
and the one I got from Adorama: fancy cardboard box.

I searched for the photos of HE560 on the web but the old ones (not the solid wood prototype) don't have number on the back of the right slider.

7032903/4 here. No 4 digit number. Purchased about a year ago when the $499 price was new, direct from Hifiman. No yoke issues.

Mar 3, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #19,146 of 21,166
7032903/4 here. No 4 digit number. Purchased about a year ago when the $499 price was new, direct from Hifiman. No yoke issues.
Are those the ones that came in this box? Are all of the ones that have yoke issues from Adorama and Amazon from as back as Nov last yr, came in paper box, not this box? The paper box has the 4 digit serial.

images

Mar 3, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #19,149 of 21,166
Are those the ones that came in this box? Are all of the ones that have yoke issues from Adorama and Amazon from as back as Nov last yr, came in paper box, not this box? The paper box has the 4 digit serial.

images

Yes, that box.

Mar 3, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #19,150 of 21,166
I also saw this box online as well.

20151126222133_36515.jpg
The picture above is the box mine came in with a card written in Chinese. The only numbers on any card is 6112555
I’m thinking either the first 3 or last 4 are the seriel number. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Mar 3, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #19,151 of 21,166
Model is ready to print, let me know if there is any interest. Some assembly will be required.

How is this coming along? My 400i yoke is cracking and on its last legs.

Mar 3, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #19,152 of 21,166

Bro, You can start a small 3D printing business until everyone replaces their Adorama 560 headbands. I'm serious as a heart attack too. Sell them cheap, sell them often then move on to custom work. :) Hell, I may get one off you just in case. Great work man and a real nice gesture for the "I got fu***d by HiFiMAN/Adaroma community!

Mar 3, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #19,153 of 21,166
I also saw this box online as well.

20151126222133_36515.jpg
My first set from the preorder way way back came in the wood box. My recent ones from Nov.'17 came in this style of box but as I mentioned have no 4 digit serial number on either the yoke or the box, just the serial numbers for the drivers. Mine were closer to $450 usd (approx.$595cdn).

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #19,154 of 21,166
The picture above is the box mine came in with a card written in Chinese. The only numbers on any card is 6112555
I’m thinking either the first 3 or last 4 are the seriel number. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Your serial number of the drivers are 6112555 for the left side driver and probably 6112556 for the right side driver. It could be seen if you take off the earpads.

It seems that four digit serial number often mentioned here are exclusive for paper box version which has those four digit number on the sticker on the paper box AND on the right slider of the headband.

Mar 3, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #19,155 of 21,166
It appears that the 4 digit number is a specific number on the inside of the right slider on the headband assembly itself. That other number is the driver number, I presume.

**oops.. typing as the other post went up

It's looking like the ones with the number are only from adorama or amazon. ?..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back