For Sale
Currency
USD
Price
May 5, 2015 at 10:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

RiddleyWalker

100+ Head-Fier
Hey there!

I'm selling my Hifiman HE-500's.  I actually like these headphones a lot, but need to free up funds for other endeavors.  I am the second owner.  I purchased them used from another head-fier just over a month ago:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/761136/hifiman-he-500

Since obtaining them, I have completed the "Fuzzor" mod (backwave felt dampening mod).  This mod is fully reversible, and I can remove it prior to shipping if the buyer prefers. That being said, my recommendation is to keep it on, as it seems like everybody in the Fuzzor thread is happy with the results (http://www.head-fi.org/t/692494/hifiman-fuzzor-mod-driver-backwave-felt-damping-modification).  The last photo shows my job with the mod, which I think is pretty clean.

I also purchased a pair of Brainwavz HM5 velour memory foam earpads, which is a big improvement over the stock velours in terms of comfort, and I can't detect a difference in sound.  These pads can be included for $10 extra (they were bought new for $20 on Amazon less than a month ago).  In the photos, these are the ones mounted on the headphones.

The headphones are in great condition - the only cosmetic flaw is a small abrasion on the bottom side of the headband (visible in the photos). Also, there are some small nicks on the side of several of the internal earpad mounting rings, but these are not visible and don't affect functionality.  The foam insert of the box came unglued at the bottom, but doesn't make a difference when the headphones are inside (nothing will move around).

All original accessories are included:  stock cable (w/ spare Hifiman mounting adapters), stock velour earpads, stock pleather earpads, carrying pouch, and original box.

Price is firm / no trades!  Payment by Paypal only.  Buyer pays Paypal fees (3%) unless sending as gift.  Shipping to continental US only.  Price includes USPS Priority Shipping with Tracking.

Thanks for looking, and let me know if you have any questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread