HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Mar 2, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #3,451 of 20,374
Originally Posted by rezolver

D_G, this is a MUST listen on the HE-500's.  What I would consider Vince's FINEST work.  The quality holds up VERY well compared to my CD.
Song is called 'Opalin' and starts @ 0:16:50 into the album.
Enjoy.

Originally Posted by rezolver

... and follow it up with this one from Gridlock Stendeck (my apologies to the Artist) (once again, quality holds up well compared to my CD).

Nice picks, they really showcase the HE-500's capabilities. I especially enjoyed the Aes Dana track. Man, I love that buttery smoothness!

Mar 2, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #3,452 of 20,374
Quote:
also just woke up for a bit after leaving my HE-500s burning in some more. the sound is really opening up. im surprised how good the he-500 sound already

Congrats DG on your HE-500. I'm sure it will complement both your HD800 and the T1.. IMHO
beerchug.gif

Mar 2, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #3,453 of 20,374
Quote:
Nice picks, they really showcase the HE-500's capabilities. I especially enjoyed the Aes Dana track. Man, I love that buttery smoothness!

+1

listening now, definitely sounds good on the he-500! 

also just realized this is from Ultimae records, i already had it in my library, must of gotten it when i was looking for some solar fields albums, was in a folder with all my trippy music, good stuff!  
wink.gif

Mar 2, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #3,457 of 20,374
that Aes Dana album was good! 

im listening to my trance/electronic music now and i'm really impressed by how good the HE-500 sound, i wasn't expecting them to sound THIS good. the treble, is just beautiful, gives the music a creamy smooth ethereal sense of air, unlike any other headphone, different from the hd-800, t1, or akgs. the ortho sound i guess maintains weight even in the treble, never thinning or losing naturalness. and the bass, as the he-500 keeps burning in, is becoming much cleaner and impactful. i miss the denon/fostex epic subbass, unmatched in the headphone world, but these are just better at everything else.

a few in particular i would like to share.

the bass is really clean on this and Veela is awesome as always 
biggrin.gif

Cosmic Gate was really good with the HE-500 in general.

another beautiful song.

underrated song, just love this!

once again, the he-500's airy treble really stands out. the bass is really nice as well.

one of my favorite songs

dubstep! 

Mar 2, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #3,460 of 20,374
Quote:

I would recommend a pair of the stock Denon pads.  No one seems to like them but me.  I love those pads on all the HiFiMans..  But we all know YMMV
biggrin.gif

I am gonna try them with D2000 pads then. Lets see whether another one to like them or not.

Mar 2, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #3,461 of 20,374
Quote:
that Aes Dana album was good! 

im listening to my trance/electronic music now and i'm really impressed by how good the HE-500 sound, i wasn't expecting them to sound THIS good. the treble, is just beautiful, gives the music a creamy smooth ethereal sense of air, unlike any other headphone, different from the hd-800, t1, or akgs. the ortho sound i guess maintains weight even in the treble, never thinning or losing naturalness. and the bass, as the he-500 keeps burning in, is becoming much cleaner and impactful. i miss the denon/fostex epic subbass, unmatched in the headphone world, but these are just better at everything else.

a few in particular i would like to share.

I really enjoyed those tracks, thanks! I'm loving the HE-500.

Also, your taste in music is impeccable.

Mar 2, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #3,462 of 20,374
Cheers Rezolver and Dubstep Girl for the music posts, enjoyed listening to them, Aes Dana and Veela are surely now on my short list =)

I like this mix from Armin van Buuren's Drowning. The original album is called Mirage and it is brilliant.

I like you guys suggesting music that sounds great on the HE-500 since music is what is behind all our gear.

Let me chime in with a few other great tracks:

You gotta love this bass, it really kicks. Nice atmospheric background as well.

This is of a different style now: country influenced singer / songwriter. In brief, she sings amazingly. This song is to make you melt down.

Enjoy
L3000.gif

Mar 2, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #3,463 of 20,374
I don't know how this will sound on youtube compared to Spotify, but my HE-500 make this song amazing:

Mar 2, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #3,464 of 20,374

I've really been getting into Lindsey Sterling lately. Classical with a Dubstep twist. You simply must hear these songs on your HE500s. The YouTube versions don't really do her justice, she is a genius. These are worth a buck each. Hope you enjoy. 
smile.gif

Mar 2, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #3,465 of 20,374
Love Lindsey! These videos led me to byuing the CD!
This is from one of my favorite albums of all time.. Moodfood by Moodswings.. Amazing on the HE500. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back