HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Mar 16, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #15,796 of 20,373

So true, the cable is annoying (I am worried I may break it).  However, dropping another $150 for a new one - can't get myself there.

I think it is well worth it. Will save me alot of headaches in the future, not having to fool around with it when picking up my headphones. :)

And the look of the Noir HPC Mk2 is just amazing. 
redface.gif

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #15,797 of 20,373
  Im looking for new pads to put on my HE-500s, is there any pads that will put the headphones a bit further from my ears? Like 1-2cm thicker pads?

Love the headphones, i power them with a Lyr through a Bifrost Über. Waiting for my Forza Noir HPC Mk2, the original cable is driving me nuts. :p

Audeze vegan pads mod :

Okay, my turn : should i keep using my he-500 with the schiit vali, or get a solid state amp ?

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #15,800 of 20,373
ah, gotcha.  I can't provide any help in that setup.  What do you think you are missing in the setup you have now?  The only thing I notice is that the Vali might be underpowered for the HE-500s to fully drive (at least based on the power expectations i've read around here).

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #15,802 of 20,373
  ah, gotcha.  I can't provide any help in that setup.  What do you think you are missing in the setup you have now?  The only thing I notice is that the Vali might be underpowered for the HE-500s to fully drive (at least based on the power expectations i've read around here).

Not really sure, cause the he-500 is pretty loud with the vali at 10 o'clock, Mid comes out smooth and full body. Details and imagination are good too.

Somebody recommended that i should use this 38-ohm headphones with a solid-state amp, tube-amp is way better for high impedance headphones. I don't know if he's right ?

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #15,804 of 20,373
  Not really sure, cause the he-500 is pretty loud with the vali at 10 o'clock, Mid comes out smooth and full body. Details and imagination are good too.

Somebody recommended that i should use this 38-ohm headphones with a solid-state amp, tube-amp is way better for high impedance headphones. I don't know if he's right ?

interesting.  Maybe that's true for traditional dynamic headphones, but different for planar magnetic?  The HE-500s, while more efficient than some other planar magnetic models, like power.  Maybe someone with more in depth knowledge can chime in.

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #15,806 of 20,373
  google " audeze vegan pads "

order the velour version for $80 bucks + shipping ( oh, just realize they're out of stock already )

Swap the plastic mounting ring from the stock pads to the vegan pads ( yes, it'll fit )

put the vegan pads in. dun dun dun~

Thank you! So the "Leather free" is not the vegan one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back