1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jamato8, Apr 26, 2011.
First

Back
943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952
954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963
Next

Last
  1. ThurstonX

Haven't heard it - would love to - but one advantage the Ember has over the Lyr/2 is that it takes only one tube.  If you get into rolling, pairs of vintage NOS can get pricey.  Also, I believe the Ember can handle a wider variety of tubes (may take an upgrade from the Garage boys, but don't think it's that expensive).  re: the Lyr, one need not blow hundreds (or more, easily) on different tubes.  There are plenty of reasonably priced tubes available.  That said, I love my glass menagerie [​IMG]

2. daerron

That is indeed a bit of an advantage, I remember with the Sunrise 2 that I bought 8 different valves where with the Lyr I would have been able to buy 4 pairs. It also allowed me to buy some NOS tubes of which our local valve shop had only a single one of left. Was certainly an interesting experience and with the Ember unlike the Sunrise you don't have to worry about manually biasing the tube. The bad thing about the Garage 1217 tube amps are that they are prone to picking up interference. My cellphone and the Sunrise 2 weren't buddies.. I am pretty certain the Lyr 2 is going to be much quieter.

3. shayson1357
    anyway to shield the amp somehow ?
    I'm all for DIY if need be [​IMG] 

4. hifimanrookie
    Shield the amp, or just the (huge) transformer inside it?

5. hifimanrookie
    Maybe this?
    Dont know the pricing..but this looks rather affordable..and somewhat portable also..its new..and an all in one..cant even find any pricing somwhere :wink:

http://www.bluecircle.com/page82.html

And this..looks ****..but..its whats inside that matters..right guys? Hehehe

http://www.bluecircle.com/page99.html

6. StanD
    You can try a Faraday Cage, it's better than wearing a hat made of Aluminum foil and can protect your kit from an EMP attack.
    I used to design sensitive electronic measurement equipment and we had a Faraday Shielded room for testing designs. We were near a major NYC airport and the room was originally used for cutting sheets of plastic which generated huge static fields and RFI, We definitely did not get radio reception inside the room.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage

http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/build-your-own-faraday-cage-heres-how/

Or....
    41HK6Tph8sL._SX425_.jpg

7. daerron
    Tin foil hat FTW!!!

8. StanD
    Haven't you been abducted by aliens? Did you ask them if they prefer tubes or SS? My aliens were flying around in a visblik, so I wouldn't trust them on technology.

9. hifimanrookie
    Totally oftopic..but found this on facebitch..and laughed my butt off....hehehe but i thoight it would be fun to post it here and share it with u guys :D

I think ifound an answer why some of the people here are always attacking others (for whatever reason) when those say they like and prefer more expensive stuff in their rigs.

.lookie lookie and smile. :wink:

image.jpg

10. Fearless1
     On My. You forgot to include a link to Blue Circle and Toxic cables in your post.

11. hifimanrookie

Wow..did i come that close to u? heheheheeh :veryevil:
    but U forget solid tech....and some other brands i like..lolz

12. Fearless1

[​IMG], Herbies tender foot(or something like that)

13. hifimanrookie
    Wrong answer..u go..to ur corner as a punishment..hehe i was talking about my other hobbies i have... :D

14. Fearless1

Yeah, they look well made

15. hifimanrookie
    yep..and keep vibrations away..if ur amp is very sensitive to vibrations as my 337 was with its huge tubes..

First

Back
943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952
954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963
Next

Last