1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jamato8, Apr 26, 2011.
First

Back
393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402
404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413
Next

Last
  1. bearFNF Contributor
    The thing I did not like about the stock cable on mine is that it is too stiff and I can hear it banging against itself when I move my head.  I changed to a 'Q' French silk and really like it.

2. elwappo99
    Quote:

Indeed, its surprising how much complaining there is about it, and that it hasn't changed yet. This thread seems to advocate buying an expensive aftermarket cable which quickly adds up the cost. If you're handy enough a cable of the same quality as a lot of these aftermarket ones can be made for about $18

3. koiloco
    Quote:
    +1  
    I can't wait to see what you do with the stock cable. [​IMG]

4. davidsh
    Quote:

I doubt you can get more than OFC and some mediocre connectors for that price.

5. Happy Camper
    I don't know what everyone else is doing when listening but I've not had anything resembling cable noise. Now my Ety's, sure, but not the HEs.

6. jerg Contributor
    I like my HFM SPC cable, it doubles as a nice stiff rope.

7. davidsh
    Jerg, didn't u get the magni and modi?

8. Anda
    Quote:

Sommer Cable Peacock is apparently good enough for Beyer T1. So why not for HE-500?

9. elwappo99
    Quote:

What kind of connectors are you hoping for?

10. Tony1110

Haha that's me told then. They sound like really great headphones and I look forward to trying them out one day.

11. jerg Contributor
    Quote:
    Not yet, I'm actually thinking of getting the NFB 11.32 instead.

12. gustavoghd
    Quote:
    Oh well... When it comes to taxes, I don't think there is anywhere as bad as Brazil.
    I'm thinking of buying a HE-500 but the amount of taxes I might have to pay makes me sad.

Anything that comes from outside the country is taxed by 60%. If you use Courier transportation(Fedex/DHL) add another 18% ON TOP of the 60% earlier, so it come to a total of 88%. Since the customs clearance is so complicated, the company might charge you another fee (10-30 dollars). And on top of all that, when we use a International Credit Card for the purchase (only option) there another tax over the financial operation of 6,38%. 

So buying a 699 USD HE-500, declaring its normal value can cost us almost 1400 USD. Trying to avoid these cost, not using Fedex/DHL, declaring a lower product value, might work, but if you get caught its even worse, and it takes more than a month for the package to be delivered and its risky.

From local shops the only easy to find hifi headphones are the Sennheisers. A HD-650 is retailed at 2600 BRL = 1200 USD

13. Zoom25
    Email Head-direct. They can declare a low value. They can make it something like $20.

14. jerg Contributor
    Quote:
    If you buy straight from Hifiman (through their internal online retailer Head-direct), they have the ability to declare the headphones at little to no value since they are the manufacturer. You could even contact their customer service beforehand to make sure that your order will be shipped from their factories with a minimal declared value.

15. gustavoghd
    Quote:

Quote:
    Yeah, but i cannot abuse it too much. The HE-500 has a nice case and if my package is opened and the inspector searches for the HE-500 real value I'll be fined by 100% of the tax (120%).

I was thinking of declaring it as a HE-300 or just as HiFi headphone with a value somewhere 99-199 USD, but I have no idea if it is safe to do that using Fedex,
    The best way to try to avoid taxes all around is using USPS Priority Mail International, which will take quite a long time to arrive and it's not completely safe specially when declaring a lower value.

First

Back
393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402
404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413
Next

Last