1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MattTCG, Jan 8, 2014.
First

Back
774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783
785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794
Next

Last
  1. Mani ATH 87

You are going to be disappointed in this cable. I bought the same cable and I've used it once, it's probably one of the cheapest cables I've ever seen. The pictures on ebay/amazon look a lot nicer then it is. the main length of the cable is basically covered in a hard plastic and after the split it's a cheaper rubber. The cable itself feels like it came with a childs toy.

If you want a much better quality cable I'd give this a look: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/ImpactAudioCables

I bought a cable here back in January and it's incredibly nice:
    20170128_185447.jpg

very well made, very pliable, and all the components are high quality. The price is decent, and you get to pick the colors you want, parts used, etc. The only downside is the amount of time you have to wait as each cable is hand made. I had to wait about 3 weeks before it shipped and another week before delivery since I'm outside of the USA. 

2. Mani ATH 87

Yeah, my phone just doesn't drive my 400i's to a level I like. I tend to listen to music fairly loudly though for shorter periods of time.

3. Jesse Oh

Their custom infinity cable looks good. As long as my headphones sound the same with a new cable, and that cable is sturdy enough, I am happy. I don't really care what it looks like or what it's made out of otherwise.

4. Nachash
    Argh, my He400i is still in the US

5. xcom

Second this. I Just placed my order a few days ago. The wait time right now is 4 weeks. I have to say that they have amazing customer service.

6. wigglepuff
    My head spins after listening to the 400i in less than an hour, on the e10k, a5 and even tried on e07k. What is causing this?

7. phthora

Head spins? Do you mean, you get vertigo?

8. snellemin
    I used that "Protein Leather" pad from my JVC SZ-2000 on the 400i.  Fits perfect and now I can feel the impact more. WP_20170223_11_03_24_Pro.jpg

WP_20170223_11_03_42_Pro.jpg

9. drwlf

SPL too high or the treble peak causing discomfort?

10. Mikko Peltonen
    My Jotunheim should arrive tomorrow so I started creating my cables for the HE-400i and the amp. Here's a picture of a partially finished XLR to 1/4" adapter. I'll wait till tomorrow to solder the XLR plug, it's getting late...

adapteri.jpg

HungryPanda and snellemin like this.
  11. Voxata
    Let's see more! Here's a for the heck of it cable.

IMG_20170120_090622.jpg

12. CoFire
    So I've had my 400i's for just over a year. A friend brought his newly acquired 400i's over yesterday with no more than 20 hours on them conservatively. I'm doing some near instantaneous ABing using a m9XX and I can MOST DEFINITELY hear that my headphones have more bass, more bass extension and what I think people call PRAT or timber. Music just sounds more pleasant and has a better flow. I'm hoping for his sake burn in is real! Lol.

Maybe he'll let me borrow them so I can convince myself with first hand evidence that burn in is real. Hmmmm... I'm not starting a debate, just letting you all know what I hear.

Knowing my 400i now, if I were in his shoes and didn't give them time or perhaps mine "still" (that's if they change) sounded like his, I'm thinking I might be a little disappointed.

13. Zimtron

Why did you choose the Jotunheim?

Seems like there are better alternatives at that price point.

14. chowmein83

I don't want to go too off-topic, but what are these alternatives? I'm genuinely curious since I think the Jotunheim is one of the best, if not the best, options in its price range.

15. Mani ATH 87

The customer service is definitely awesome. I had lots of questions for them after placing my order and they responded to me very quickly each time, very accommodating as well the various requests.

I get that, the cable quality just isn't good though. It's not very pliable and kind of uncomfortable. To each their own though, I hope it is what you are looking for and you are satisfied.

First

Back
774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783
785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794
Next

Last