Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch
Jan 11, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #406 of 3,091
If the Jade 2 is so far off then I want to put in an early request to make it compatible with Stax amps
smily_headphones1.gif
if that they do that I will almost certainly buy one, but if not then chances are a lot slimmer. I bet everyone that already owns a Stax amp probably feels the same way, so making them compatible would likely boost sales

There is already a photo of the Jade though [prototype probably though] a few pages though.
So... it might be too late if it hasn't been incorporated already.

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #407 of 3,091
Much appreciation to everyone who's provided links to previews, their own impressions, and photos.  I've added most of the stuff to the original post and will continue to do so! 

P.S. That Jade 2 though

Jan 11, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #408 of 3,091
The Jade II probably is the most interesting to me, especially if they bundle in an electrostatic amp and keep the price bellow $2Ks.
That is not to say I am not interested in the rest, all their planars are basically getting completely revamped with new drivers & design 
eek.gif

Jan 11, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #409 of 3,091
If the Jade 2 is so far off then I want to put in an early request to make it compatible with Stax amps
smily_headphones1.gif
if that they do that I will almost certainly buy one, but if not then chances are a lot slimmer. I bet everyone that already owns a Stax amp probably feels the same way, so making them compatible would likely boost sales

+1000

Jan 11, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #410 of 3,091
  The Jade II probably is the most interesting to me, especially if they bundle in an electrostatic amp and keep the price bellow $2Ks.
That is not to say I am not interested in the rest, all their planars are basically getting completely revamped with new drivers & design 
eek.gif

So I guess they are working on some new flagship planar model. Wonder what drove that jade prototype...

Jan 11, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #411 of 3,091
  So I guess they are working on some new flagship planar model. Wonder what drove that jade prototype...

I dunno but duh 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 11, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #412 of 3,091
Hmm so the 400i doesn't have that weird mid range... yay

also am I the only one who enjoyed the HE 400's treble. I thought the brightness was fine, it was those damned upper mids I didn't like 

also that Changster forum puts the HE 6 above the HE 560... minus weight and comfort 

Jan 11, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #413 of 3,091
I'm sorry but, if anyone here is relying on one or two brief impressions to form a concrete opinion, then that is very foolish.  I'll probably still pre-order once it's available, but that's just because I'd like to hear for myself.  It's still far too early to draw any reasonable conclusions about the sound.  They do look like they have the potential to be promising though.

Jan 11, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #415 of 3,091
I'm content with my HE500s so I'll forego any new headphones for the immediate future even if the end up being stellar for the price. Besides, new headphones might warrant completely new modding challenges to make them sound perfect, and I'm a bit burnt out on modding atm.

Jan 11, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #416 of 3,091
I simply think that because they've taken action on the weight and comfort issues that some folk have had, you've got to give them credit for this. Any improvements in sound will of course be welcome, but I think these new releases will put them ahead of Audeze. They haven't just tweaked the drivers and changed the colour with the 560, they've redesigned everything. I haven't heard the new Audeze X series but you can clearly tell that its an LCD2 with different materials on a superficial level.    

Jan 11, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #419 of 3,091
+1 here. I hope oppos paying attention and prices competitively

+2 I enjoyed my HE 400, minus it's lack of upper mids... I might shoot for the 400i, or SAVE for the HE 560 

Jan 11, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #420 of 3,091
HE-500 with more treble does seem kinda worrisome.  I thought everybody was jumping ship on HE-400 and going to HE-500 because it had less treble.

I agree with jorg, the 500 could use a bit more in the upper treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back