**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Mar 1, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #8,087 of 22,116
Bummer mi amigos... L channel went dead yesterday.  Bought my cans from crutchfield and yesterday was the 59th day out of the 60 day trial.  Literally at 11:15pm they died so I hurriedly submitted a RMA for a return before having to mess around with sending them in and waiting for a repair.  Hopefully will get credited soon and place another order with a certain frequent contributor on the thread.

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #8,088 of 22,116
Quote:
Bummer mi amigos... L channel went dead yesterday.  Bought my cans from crutchfield and yesterday was the 59th day out of the 60 day trial.  Literally at 11:15pm they died so I hurriedly submitted a RMA for a return before having to mess around with sending them in and waiting for a repair.  Hopefully will get credited soon and place another order with a certain frequent contributor on the thread.

Ugh god and just when I was thinking of buying another he-400, big fan of the sound not so much on the build quality.

Mar 1, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #8,091 of 22,116
I won't. I got tired of the harsh treble and thin mids (in comparison to the Annie). If I come back to Hifiman, it will be for the HE500 or whatever new model comes out. Perhaps a successor to the HE400, that has more mids and less treble, similar weight or less.

Mar 1, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #8,092 of 22,116
Quote:
I won't. I got tired of the harsh treble and thin mids (in comparison to the Annie). If I come back to Hifiman, it will be for the HE500 or whatever new model comes out. Perhaps a successor to the HE400, that has more mids and less treble, similar weight or less.

OK. 
wink_face.gif

Mar 1, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #8,095 of 22,116
I don't have any desire to try that anymore. I'll just wait for Hifiman toput out a product that fixes it at default.

Love the HE400, just have outgrown it.

Mar 1, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #8,096 of 22,116
I understand your desire to move. There are some things in the HE-400 i don't like either, like sibilance in vocals. But since i listen to instrumental Jazz 90% of the time, i really don't feel the need to move yet once i think they do this genre flawlessly. To me the pros make it up for the cons.

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #8,097 of 22,116
All of my 3 pairs of velours have the poofy grey foam actually; the white foam velours are from the velour pads that Merkil sent me to be sacrificed for the jergpad mod.

After squeezing them in hot water the gray pads are perfectly comfortable ;D No itching, like big pillows.
The white ones are nice too ans will be my back-up pads but are slightly thinner for my bigger ears.

Mar 1, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #8,098 of 22,116
Quote:

Have to ask, what's the Annie ? Audeze ? 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back