Hifiman EF2C VS Little Dot MKii
Sep 18, 2016 at 12:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Carcajou

Head-Fier
Hi everyone. I just went trough an older thread comparing the EF2A with an older version of the Little Dot amp and I was wondering how the newer versions were comparing one against the other. I know Little Dot came up with a Mkiii, but it's over my budget.

I currently have the following setup in my office:
- Turntable: AT LP60
- Amp: Bravo Audio V2
- Headphones: B&W P7

I have a AT LP120 in my living room that's plugged to a speaker amp (Jolida crc 202) that I almost never use since I live in an apartment so I'd like to make myself another, slightly higher end, headphone-friendly setup. I'm planning on getting a pair of Sennheiser HD650, but I'm still undecided regarding the amp. As you might have guessed, I hesitate between the EF2C and the Little Dot MKii. I read mixed reviews regarding EF2C's DAC function, but I'm not planning on using it as a DAC.

Even though the EF2C is not a proper tube amp, the price is very attractive. I'm however scared the HD650s are going to be stretching its capabilities.

What would you do if you were me? I'm open to any suggestion even if it's not one of my two options and to any comment.

Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back