HIFIMAN EF100 Hybrid Amp [Now available for $499]
May 26, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #32 of 39
Here's our EF100 review: http://www.headfonia.com/review-hifiman-ef100-the-hybrid-amp/
It's a good amp for its price class but compared to higher end amps, I'm missing detail, layering and depth. It's a very good match for Hifiman's headphones and even some dynamics

Nov 10, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #33 of 39
Im thinking of getting it in the US and bringing it home to Europe. Is there a UK power cable that comes with it or does it just need a power adapter?

Dec 31, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #35 of 39
Dec 31, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #36 of 39
Thanks for the review! So considering the price, we wont regret buying this if we specifically use it to drive the HExxx line right?

Yes but like I said, a better amp will have better detail, layering, etc. I have been mostly using it to drive an old pair of Pioneer speakers, not for headphones.
But price/quality is good, no worries there.

Dec 31, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #37 of 39
Thank you. I dont see myself buying an amp worth more $500 and always looking if there's something even affordable than that. If for that price point, its one of the best for the HExxx line, than I'm seriously considering it

Feb 21, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #39 of 39
can i ask is this amp really such a big disappointment for its price, as I could not find one review hailing it even when used with another dac

what is so disappointing in it, specs wise it has the muscles so I am really asking if its worth to look into buying such an amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back