Hifiman EF-5 for LCD-2??
Jul 20, 2011 at 10:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

shinn

New Head-Fier
Hi,
Anyone pairing the EF-5 with LCD-2? Are they a good combo together?
For those of you who used to own this amp, what amp do you currently pair with the LCD-2 that provide better SQ?
Thanks, would really appreciate your help!

Jul 20, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #2 of 5
You might get better responses in the LCD-2 thread. The EF-5 is powerful enough to power the harder to drive HE-5 headphones, so I would guess they would do just fine with the LCD-2.

Sep 29, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 5

I am listening to an EF5-LCD2 combo right now. It is incredible.
Quote:
Hi,
Anyone pairing the EF-5 with LCD-2? Are they a good combo together?
For those of you who used to own this amp, what amp do you currently pair with the LCD-2 that provide better SQ?
Thanks, would really appreciate your help!

Sep 29, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #4 of 5
Ive tried this combo and imo, the lyr does better with the lcd 2s for about the same price as the ef5.

Sep 29, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #5 of 5
I'll second the Schiit Lyr as a great choice. I am driving Hifiman HE-4s w/ it without any "hiccups". I listen to Classical (no choral, mostly orchestal) music 95% of the time from the balanced stereo outputs(using Cardas F-XLR to F-rca adaptors) from my (new & enjoying it immensely)Oppo 95 to the Lyr. I am listening at about a 9:30 or 10:00 volume setting on the Lyr. At 11:00 or so the volume is sometimes a bit too loud to enjoy the nice soundstaging on many SACDs & some CDs.. The LCDs are a bit more efficient than the HE-4s so you should have no problems driving them. Trust what you've heard here about the Lyr. Happy listening!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back