Hifiman Edition X
Mar 5, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #1,801 of 4,030
I sold my lyr and bifrost über to buy mojo
I am very happy I think hex pairs better with mojo than tubes not as lush but better detail
Sound stage is deeper but not wider,also nice to be able to take from room to room
I also love hex and if you look around you can find them for $1500
Headphones have become crazy at the high end but all of them not just hex

Mar 5, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #1,802 of 4,030
Hi All,

I'm just snooping around on this thread for fun, to learn about the current state of affairs with the HiFiMan cans.

I don't own either the X or K, but I heard the K at the Nashville meet last year and was not impressed.  Then, I asked a Head-Fi pal, who has both, how the X measure up against the K.  His comment was: the X sound just as good as the K.  So now, reading this thread, I find it interesting how many of you agree, and favor the X over the K.

I was a subscriber to the original K thread before they launched.  OMG, the K were going to be the biggest thing to hit the HP scene since you know what.  Now that there is history, it's just fun to watch, listen, learn, and maybe comment when appropriate.  And maybe to buy my next planar HPs.  

Cheers,
RCB

Mar 6, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #1,803 of 4,030
In all Honesty the iphone 6+ with Tidal out of the headphone jack is really good with HEX, so good that I have been neglecting my AK240 for a while. The sound quality with Tidal is so close to AK240.. I suddenly feel cheated paying $2400. Spotify was not good at all.. interestingly, the default music player sound good too with Apple music. Technology move really fast, as far as I remember the iphone 6+ has the best sound quality of all previous iphone. 

Mar 6, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #1,805 of 4,030
 I have written a review in Spanish, of Hifiman Edition X, compared also with HIfiman HE-1000

http://auricular.org/2016/03/04/analisis-review-hifiman-edition-x/

So, now we are at least 4 Head-Fiers to prefer the HE-X over the HE-1000.  I feel less bizzare & less alone... 
biggrin.gif

indeed, I preffered the more intimate sound of the HE-X.

Now I am waiting for the " Molecule Elite 8-wire Silver OCC litz" that I ordered from DHC (I decided for Molecule élite instead of Spore/Comp4 for portability issues).

And Also, since I made my deposit for a BHSE (I guess I will get it...next year :wink:, I will be able to choose headphone based in my mood:

- HE-X for intimate & smooth sound
- BHSE/SR009 for ultimate details & precision

By the way: sorry I don't want to hijack this thread, but since I bought a BHSE to jump into the Electrostatic word, I sell my Eddie Current 445 tube amp. If someone is interested...

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #1,807 of 4,030
  In all Honesty the iphone 6+ with Tidal out of the headphone jack is really good with HEX....

I just tried.  Sound good indeed, but... not very loud.  Need to be almost at MAX volume on the iPhone !

Mar 7, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #1,808 of 4,030
Going to try and demo the HEX soon and develop my own opinion (against the HE-1000) using my Moon Neo 430HAD.

Mar 7, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #1,809 of 4,030
Mar 7, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #1,810 of 4,030
Mar 7, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #1,814 of 4,030
But summarizing. (Sorry for using the google translator)

The Edition X compared to the HE-1000.

The sound image and the scene is closer. the voices of the most advanced, less subwoofer, singers sound less brilliant but more ordered from the middle to the top. and best of all, it is moving even easier, the he400i.

Mar 7, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #1,815 of 4,030
  But summarizing. (Sorry for using the google translator)

The Edition X compared to the HE-1000.

The sound image and the scene is closer. the voices of the most advanced, less subwoofer, singers sound less brilliant but more ordered from the middle to the top. and best of all, it is moving even easier, the he400i.

this is exactly what I said : he likes it   
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back