Hifiman Edition S - NEW Closed Portable
Nov 10, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #332 of 485
They're probably a bit lacking for a basshead or someone accustomed to Beats, but by my standard (good amount, punchy and not flabby/boomy) they're amazing.

Any other non bass head can you can compare it to? Like hd6XX or dtXXX etc.

Even if 350 isn't the best out there, that shell looks awesome for a hobby DIY

Nov 10, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #333 of 485
I only have three other cans, Sennheiser momentum (on-ear, first gen), AKG K550 and HE-400. The momentums have more bass but they're aimed at that, but it's not tight and punchy. It's not too boomy either, but it definitely isn't as tight. The K550s have no bass at all, and the HE-400 has a bit more too, but it's not as articulate. If you like crisp and punchy bass, you'll like these.

Nov 10, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #334 of 485
I only have three other cans, Sennheiser momentum (on-ear, first gen), AKG K550 and HE-400. The momentums have more bass but they're aimed at that, but it's not tight and punchy. It's not too boomy either, but it definitely isn't as tight. The K550s have no bass at all, and the HE-400 has a bit more too, but it's not as articulate. If you like crisp and punchy bass, you'll like these.

Are you speaking of the edition S or the he 350. I'm assuming edition S

Thx for info

Nov 10, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #336 of 485
Edition S. Frankly, $150 is a criminal bargain.

I wouldn't say that its any different from the other deals floating around as i've seen ultrasone hfi 680,780, pro 550 hfi 450, dt770-990 series at or below that price. So many are lowered for black friday.

Which is great, lot of happy campers

Though so many choices makes it difficult.

Nov 10, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #337 of 485
Three things for context:

1. I'm comparing to the original price (and excluding other options)
2. I live in the UK where Black Friday isn't really a thing (it exists, but we don't get deals anywhere near as good as you do in America)
3. The Edition S exists in a kind of niche. It's both closed and open, so it is very versatile. If you need one headphone for all situations then there aren't many to compete.

Nov 10, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #338 of 485
Three things for context:

1. I'm comparing to the original price (and excluding other options)
2. I live in the UK where Black Friday isn't really a thing (it exists, but we don't get deals anywhere near as good as you do in America)
3. The Edition S exists in a kind of niche. It's both closed and open, so it is very versatile. If you need one headphone for all situations then there aren't many to compete.

Yea your point number 3 i didn;t take into consideration as it is kind of like a 2 in 1

As for UK amazon, they did have some steals with the x2 at like 109 quid, and the t1 some people snagged for a decent price

I live in Canada (our Black Friday isn't that intense either like U.S.) , and like UK folk we get the short end of the stick

But once in a blue moon there are deals in our respective virtual shopping centres we get some goodies better than U.S.

Nov 11, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #339 of 485
Man, the price on these looks so tempting but it looks kinda disgusting in white. Wish we had better pics\Video to judge from.

I also swore i won't buy another pair of headphones without hearing them out first, i don't want to end up with another shrill pair. They sounded so CLEAR in Z-Reviews demo though...

Decisions decisions...
rolleyes.gif

Nov 11, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #340 of 485
Man, the price on these looks so tempting but it looks kinda disgusting in white. Wish we had better pics\Video to judge from.

I also swore i won't buy another pair of headphones without hearing them out first, i don't want to end up with another shrill pair. They sounded so CLEAR in Z-Reviews demo though...

Decisions decisions...:rolleyes:  

I heard them in person. They are bright, but they are very stable and not shrill. My M50x is somewhat brighter and edgier than the Edition S.

Nov 11, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #341 of 485

Decisions decisions...
rolleyes.gif

LOL @ z review demos

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #344 of 485

Decisions decisions...
rolleyes.gif

Agreed, the white is a bit much, then again these are 40% off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back