Hifiman DEVA - Official Thread
Apr 2, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #662 of 984
Just ordered a pair of Deva wired today from the Hifiman store, really looking forward to getting these. I have a pair of HD 579 and use them more and more lately so I wanted to try a step up and hope these fit the bill. I have been lurking here for a bit and hope to learn a lot from you guys.

Apr 2, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #663 of 984
I did make sure only one had bluetooth on at a time. Still had problem. Make me just want to send them back and give up. Don't even want to listen to my Sundaras anymore.
Have you tried the Fiio Btr-5? I no longer use the bluemini since I got the Btr-5. You can probably just return the Deva and use a btr5 with your Sundara.

Apr 2, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #664 of 984
I never paired my Deva’s Bluemini to more than one device and I’ve never had any strange behavior like that before. I wasn’t aware a problem existed. 😞

Apr 2, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #666 of 984
I think I might give these a shot for my first planar headphones. I was close to pulling the trigger on the HE400i 2020 but then they disappeared from Amazon. These seem to be a step up? I think the bluemini might be nice with my phone too now that I don't even have a 3.5 jack on it.

Apr 3, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #667 of 984
Just picked up a pair of Deva last week. Everything was great for several days. But then I started having problems. Only use it as a Bluetooth headphone. Have it paired with my iPhone and iPad. When I go to listen to a different song, it mutes the volume. Have to pause and then hit play again for it to work. Does this for maybe an hour. Then it works fine again for a short time. Then back to the muting. Bought from Amazon, so they sent me another pair. Same thing right away. Have several other bluetooth headphones and they all work fine. I really do enjoy the sound, but this problem is a total deal breaker. Anyone have a fix? Tried asking Hifiman, but haven't heard back yet.
Using mine off PC and Hidizs AP80 with no problems. 6 months in. Could it be an Apple thing? Good luck.

Apr 3, 2021 at 6:11 AM Post #668 of 984
It could just be my devices but when I have my phone and tv transmitter on at the same time the bluemini can't connect to anything.
Yep. Finally figured that out through much trial and error. Slight hassle making sure everything but the preferred device is not transmitting Bluetooth, but well worth the listening pleasure.

Apr 3, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #669 of 984
It pairs just fine. Just that when I go to another song, it mutes to volume. Then I have to pause the song and hit play again for it to come back. So not worth the hassle. These are going back if I don't have a fix by monday.

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #670 of 984
Just picked up a pair of Deva last week. Everything was great for several days. But then I started having problems. Only use it as a Bluetooth headphone. Have it paired with my iPhone and iPad. When I go to listen to a different song, it mutes the volume. Have to pause and then hit play again for it to work. Does this for maybe an hour. Then it works fine again for a short time. Then back to the muting. Bought from Amazon, so they sent me another pair. Same thing right away. Have several other bluetooth headphones and they all work fine. I really do enjoy the sound, but this problem is a total deal breaker. Anyone have a fix? Tried asking Hifiman, but haven't heard back yet.
Have you contacted Apple? Maybe the Bluemini is being treated differently by the device than other BT headphones? it's at least the 2nd step for troubleshooting IMO. Kind of anoying, but you could also do a settings reset, not to factory, just everything else.

Apr 7, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #671 of 984
It pairs just fine. Just that when I go to another song, it mutes to volume. Then I have to pause the song and hit play again for it to come back. So not worth the hassle. These are going back if I don't have a fix by monday.
I forgot in my previous post to mention that this is my 2nd pair. The first pair had a problematic BlueMini. You may want to send them back for another pair. Customer service was exceptional to me in this regard. Second pair is working flawless. Don’t get too frustrated, they are a great pair of cans. Hopefully you can work it out. Good luck.

Apr 7, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #673 of 984
Well I ordered a pair last night. I should have them tomorrow, they are on the way from Amazon. I'm a little worried reading about all these issues with the bluemini. Anyway I'm really excited to give them a try. Just hoping they have enough bass to satisfy me. :wink:

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #674 of 984
Amazon truck down the road. I'm soooo excited. lol YaaHooo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back