Hifiman DEVA - Official Thread
Oct 4, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #481 of 984
My phone, Samsung Note 10+, has no 3.5mm connector, and the phone has no internal DAC. I would like to buy a headphone with internal DAC and connect Note 10 to headphone through USB C to USB C cable. I only use Bluetooth occasionally. Which phone support USB Hi Res? Among Shure Aonic 50, Hifiman Deva, and Audeze Mobius, which one sounds better? Are there any better choices besides these three? Thank you very much for your help.

Oct 5, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #482 of 984
What is the purpose of having an unbalanced 3.5 and then having a balanced 3.5 leading into the headphone itself? My limited understanding as a n00b simply suggests to me that the unbalanced 3.5 allows the stock cable to pair with the widest variety of sources; that being either a DAP, or a DAC/AMP. Does the balanced 3.5 leading into the headphone at this point offer any sort of benefit?

Apologies if this has been asked before 😅

Oct 5, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #483 of 984
Yes the benefit is that the connection with the headphone itself is balanced so you can buy an aftermarket cable with a 2.5mm plug and be fully balanced.

They have opted for this solution instead of the usual two different plugs one in each ear cup because they wanted a balanced headphone connection but with a plug to the one only ear cup in order to plug there the blue mini which is balanced.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #484 of 984
The Deva's Bluemini Bluetooth dongle is balanced and a third party fully balanced cable and also be used if one chooses.

Q-6

Oct 9, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #485 of 984
@TeamHiFiMAN

I just got my Deva and its working great in BT mode, but i got a problem using it with the Bluemini module wired with USB-C to my PC. Seems theres some loose contact with the USB-C of the Bluemini, and i cant even move my head without the connection skipping and sometimes losing connection at all.

Since i bought the Deva especially for that purpose (got no DAC/Amp) thats a real bummer. What should i do?

Sincerely,
ninetylol
Hi there,

Sorry we just saw your message, if you could please email us at customerservice@hifiman.com with your purchase receipt, our service team will help you solve the problem. :)

Best regards,
April

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Oct 9, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #486 of 984
It's been a week since I receive my set of Deva. While I'm impressed with the SQ via BT, I wonder how it compares to HD 6XX when connected to cable. It's been a while I sold my HD 650 but I've been missing it.
Does anyone have both Deva and HD 6XX to give me a simple comparison? I listen to jazz, classical and kpop.

Owned the 6xx and currently using the Deva.

Deva sounds larger and it offers a much more detailed/crisp sound. Has a lot of shimmer in the treble.

The 6xx is intimate but those mids are indeed romantic as can be. Smooth/early roll off on the treble.

Overall, I like the Deva a lot more.

Oct 9, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #487 of 984
So I just bought a set of Sundara's and have been listening to them for the first time this morning. I think I actually prefer the Deva over them, too which I didn't quite expect. Who all has both sets here that can give me your thoughts and comparisons between the two - I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts because maybe I was expecting too much or I don't know what but the Sundara seems [to me] to be a step back? Not 100% sure just yet lol. I probably just need more time with these but I just thought that was a bit interesting. The treble is fantastic on the Sundara's though, that's for sure. The width on the Deva's is just something special IMO and maybe that's what's different here. Maybe my brain doesn't like change and I'm so used to the Deva's presentation. Either way, I think more time with these is in order.

I loaned the Sundaras for like 4-6 months. I currently have the Deva.

The Devas have a larger soundstage that's for sure. Mids feel a little lighter. It feels more natural.
The Sundaras have a little bit more resolution and image a bit better. They feel more in your face.

However, the fact that the Devas sports a larger stage and is easier to drive wins it for me. The fact that you can get it for $219 bucks for the wired version brand new is a steal. The cheapest I've seen the Sundaras go would be $250 secondhand. I also prefer the fit of the Devas because of the larger ear cups.

Oct 14, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #488 of 984
Largely based on positive comments posted here regarding the improved customer service of Hifiman in recent months, I approached them with a request to repair or replace non-working Bluemini.

Now almost 10 days have passed and still, my issue is not resolved. I have given them one more day to resolve it, let’s see and hope for a positive outcome.

I won’t hesitate to name and shame them here (and elsewhere) if they don’t play fair. They may take uninformed consumers for a ride, not me.

Oct 14, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #489 of 984
Largely based on positive comments posted here regarding the improved customer service of Hifiman in recent months, I approached them with a request to repair or replace non-working Bluemini.

Now almost 10 days have passed and still, my issue is not resolved. I have given them one more day to resolve it, let’s see and hope for a positive outcome.

I won’t hesitate to name and shame them here (and elsewhere) if they don’t play fair. They may take uninformed consumers for a ride, not me.

Absolutely fair, if one is looking to be a globally recognised premium brand the after sales service must also be top notch, globally. Pity as Deva is genuinely a good set. The last week was a national holiday in China, hopefully Hifiman will resolves the issue.

Q-6

Oct 14, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #490 of 984
Hi, im new here. I dont consider myself an audiophile, but i play various instruments and i've been using good quality headphones since the mid 90s.

I actually own some decent wired cans like the Sennheiser HD 650, Grado Sr 325 e, Beyerdynamic 880 pro or the Audio Technica Ath M50x and i like them all. I also like using bluetooth headphones for convenience and noise cancelling. At the moment I own the Sony's WH 1000 XM3, Master and Dynamics MW 60, Sennheiser Momentum 3 and Nuraphones and im quite happy with them, except the Nuraphones, which I consider to be an expensive and really uncomfortable gimmick.

Well, long story short, recently a friend who owns a Sundara told me about the wonders of planar magnetics, so when I was looking in the market for the Sundaras, I ran across a guy who was selling a new pair of Devas for 180 Euros. After reading some reviews here I pulled the trigger and, man , I couldnt be happier. These are the best pair or headphones under 600 euros that I've heard, they are really exciting and fun to use for music and movies, they sound increíble plugged in my Fiio k5 pro.
Frequencies are really ballanced, instrument separation is wonderful and they got a nice and wide soundstage.

The bluetooth sound coming from the bluemini Is top notch too using LDAC and Aptx HD and I love being able to use such a top quality sounding headphones wireless at home. Obviously these are made to use them on quiet enviroments so forget using this in loud places.

People were complaining about the lack of bass, but I think they got the right amount of bass and great clarity and punch in the lower frequencys, anyways you can use an EQ if you wanna boost the bass.

In the other hand, i think the build quality, although is decent, could be a bit better. Im not sure if the plastic cups wont break if I drop em.
In the first days I also noticed some sibilance, especially when I was watching some tv series and anime but it was'nt exaggerated and it seems the sound has mellowed after a month and I don't notice it anymore, that or either I got used to the sound.

In conclusion, I dont think you can get a better headphone to sit and home an relax for that price, and the bluetooth capabilities make them really appealing if you want hi fi quality without wires.
The hifimans Deva might not be perfect but his capabilities and price makes them a 10/10 for me.

PD: sorry for my english, I'm spanish.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2020 at 3:30 AM Post #492 of 984

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that, please kindly check that we have pmed to you and please be assured that we will help you solve the problem asap.

Best regards,
April

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Oct 16, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #493 of 984

As informed by our Indian representative, the particular model HIFIMAN DEVA BT has not yet been launched in India.
And it's not possible for our Indian branch to provide any warranty claims/repair for the model.

Warranty claims on any Hifiman products are only applicable if the product is available for sale in the country & only if purchased from an authorized dealer/partner (both offline & online) and backed with an invoice copy only
Hifiman products warranty is country specific,so kindly contact the dealer where you have purchased for your warranty claim.

Oct 21, 2020 at 12:42 AM Post #494 of 984
Recently picked up a ddHiFi (DJ44K) 3.5/2.5 to 4.4 balanced adaptor for my A&K SR25. Does exactly what it says, reduces the need to replace/swap cables. Far I can see is transparent :) The inclusion of 3.5 SE likely adds to physical strength & stability and brings "ground" to the 4.4, not that I feel it matters so much. Perfect solution for my Deva as I already have a custom 3.5 balanced to 4.4 balanced cable.

I know it's not specifically Deva related, however I posted the same on the SR25 thread, several were unaware of this solution, or were looking at other adapters costing 4X and more, so might help someone here :) What is Deva related is on the A&K SR25 the balanced connection (via the adapter) with it's additional power really beings out the very best in Deva, night & day versus my Sony WM1A, admittedly power or lack of it is the Sony's Achilles Heel, equally remains to be a very solid choice for a DAP.

Q-6

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2020 at 2:23 AM Post #495 of 984
Hi guys,

Looking for replacement pads for my newly acquired Deva...

Cannot locate anywhere in the usual places, not even Hifiman store.

Any ideas ?

Thnx in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back