Hifiman DEVA - Official Thread
Sep 19, 2020 at 3:04 AM Post #451 of 984
Crin has published new headphone measurements. Interesting to compare Deva with others. Here is comparison with Ananda(red color)
488AD3D0-DA61-4C4C-AC27-DA12A39931B4.jpeg

Sep 24, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #455 of 984
I have been listening to the Deva for about 3 weeks now.
I was initially impressed but somehow...with burn in, it seems the bass has become lacking somewhat.
I switched from my dragonfly black to an E30 + JDS Atom stack and there have been improvements, but not in the bass department.
Strangely, it seems to me that they have started outputting less bass.
Compared to them, my SHP9500 provide noticeably more bass.
You really don't notice the bass on a song unless it is a good 20db higher than other frequencies.
Anyone else experiencing this ? Maybe it's because the pads have started softening...

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #456 of 984
I have been listening to the Deva for about 3 weeks now.
I was initially impressed but somehow...with burn in, it seems the bass has become lacking somewhat.
I switched from my dragonfly black to an E30 + JDS Atom stack and there have been improvements, but not in the bass department.
Strangely, it seems to me that they have started outputting less bass.
Compared to them, my SHP9500 provide noticeably more bass.
You really don't notice the bass on a song unless it is a good 20db higher than other frequencies.
Anyone else experiencing this ? Maybe it's because the pads have started softening...

Not so I've noticed, bass remains. If anything I'd say it's improved a touch.

Q-6

Sep 24, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #458 of 984
Does the red charging light ever go out? I have had mine plugged in for several hours and it still glowing red. Thanks

As per Hifiman;
"To charge, connect the USB charging cable to the power supply and Bluemini then it will charge automatically. It can be charged when switched off. The light will remain red. When turned on the light will flash red and white while charging and once fully charged the light will flash green and white.

Just turn it on with the charger connected it the LED should flip to green. Mine is currently fully charged, turning off and connecting the charger the LED is a solid green. Might be related to USB C and the charger, Hifiman did update the Bluemini's firmware a few months back as well. (May 15). I cant remember exactly if the LED flips to green once fully charged.

Q-6

Sep 24, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #459 of 984
As per Hifiman;
"To charge, connect the USB charging cable to the power supply and Bluemini then it will charge automatically. It can be charged when switched off. The light will remain red. When turned on the light will flash red and white while charging and once fully charged the light will flash green and white.

Just turn it on with the charger connected it the LED should flip to green. Mine is currently fully charged, turning off and connecting the charger the LED is a solid green. Might be related to USB C and the charger, Hifiman did update the Bluemini's firmware a few months back as well. (May 15). I cant remember exactly if the LED flips to green once fully charged.

Q-6
Thank you so much. I just recently took them out of the box and haven’t had a chance to read the manual yet. A brief listen makes me think it is a killer value.

Sep 24, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #460 of 984
Thank you so much. I just recently took them out of the box and haven’t had a chance to read the manual yet. A brief listen makes me think it is a killer value.

Deva certainly is for the asking price and offers a great deal of utility, given they are wired, USB DAC & LDAC BT capable.

Q-6

Sep 24, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #461 of 984

Quick update, just put my set on charge and the light flipped to green after a few minutes. Shouldn't take very long to charge even from flat say around 45 minutes to full.

Q-6

Sep 25, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #462 of 984
Does the red charging light ever go out? I have had mine plugged in for several hours and it still glowing red. Thanks
Hi there,

The light should turn to green after fully charged, if there is any problem, please feel free to email us at customerservice@hifiman.com with your purchase receipt, our service team will help you solve the problem. :)

Best regards,
April

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Sep 25, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #463 of 984
Crin has published new headphone measurements. Interesting to compare Deva with others. Here is comparison with Ananda(red color)
488AD3D0-DA61-4C4C-AC27-DA12A39931B4.jpeg
Not too far off my measurements :) I would like to see him measurement with masking tape on the front.

Sep 25, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #464 of 984
While I wait for the blue mini to be replaced, I am listening to my pair in wired mode. They sound fantastic at lower volumes and don‘t seem to lose anything in the presentation. The only other headphone I have that performs like this are my ThinkSound On2. Awesome, as I typically listen at lower volumes to save what is left of my olden, golden ears. We have a winner!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back