Cons :

Color - Offer them in Black
Pads - decent but warm

Semi Con :

Build Quality/Materials = Average.

Comfort : Average

3D SoundImage quality = Average

Cable : Average

: The pads have a fairly strong scent. And i think this Fang gear has a bit of 6-8kHz etch. Its not popping "S"s, but there is a bit of a high end anomaly that im noticing as compared to Dan's Aeon 2 Cs.
Its quite possible that as these burn in and settle down that what im perceiving will disappear.

Pros :

Cost as Value : 8.4

Comfort is : 7.5
Treble : 8.1
Treble Airiness : 8.2
Mids : 7.9
Low Mid Bloat : 0
Bass : 8.
Bass Extension : 7.9+
Soundstage : 7.9+
Instrument Separation : 8.1
Immediate Sonic Wow factor right out of the box : 7.8+

Pro +. : Vocals and Acoustic Instruments and Cable is single input.

As expected the Deva's offer Fang's crisp toneality, with nice detail and pleasant sonic signature.
Right Out of the box im hearing a crisp tone quite balanced.
The Deva's play nice with your music .
$219 Amazon shipped for the "wired only" version, is a very decent deal for this gear.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #437 of 984
My take on the Deva wired version.

Cons :

Color - Offer them in Black
Pads - decent but warm

Semi Con :

Build Quality/Materials = Average.

3D SoundImage quality = Average

Cable : Average

Pros :

Cost as Value : 9

Comfort is : 8.4
Treble : 8.2
Treble Airiness : 8.5
Mids : 7.9
Low Mid Bloat : 0
Bass : 8.1
Bass Extension : 7.9+
Soundstage : 7.9+
Instrument Separation : 8.1
Immediate Sonic Wow factor right out of the box : 8

Pro +. : Vocals and Acoustic Instruments.

As expected the Deva's offer Fang's crisp toneality, with nice detail and pleasant sonic signature.
Right Out of the box im hearing a crisp tone quite balanced,
The Deva's play nice with your music and feel better then average on your head.
$219 Amazon shipped for the "wired only" version, is a good deal for this gear.

Agreed. Just fired mine up today with an Atom Amp/DAC combo and as others have said, it changes things significantly for the better. Much more dynamic and bass slam is improved. The bluemini is a nice option for puttering around the house but I will never use it again seated at my desk. So, I've gone back down the rabbit hole after selling off all my gear for an all in one solution. Would the Ananda be a logical upgrade from the Deva? Based on reviews it seems like they are similar in tonality with the Ananda just improving on things. With a used Ananda running around $550, is the extra $250 worth it? The Deva sound pretty darn good to me.

Aug 21, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #438 of 984
I immediately thought of the Guess Who when you said that..."No sugar tonight in my coffee....". :p
"No treble tonight, in my headphones
No treble tonight, in my speaks"

Aug 22, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #439 of 984
Love how Deva can scale up with good amps
P_20200822_210752.jpg

Aug 27, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #440 of 984
That's a bit of a hit and run. That is the E30 at the bottom but what is the AMP on top ? Have you used any other AMPs before it ?
Just got my pair today and have been enjoying them on my XDuoo X3II. On some more quite tracks I have to bump the volume to 85/100.
On louder volume the bass definetly has more slam, so I think this little DAP is struggling to power the Deva's.
Time to think about a dac/amp.

Aug 27, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #441 of 984
That's a bit of a hit and run. That is the E30 at the bottom but what is the AMP on top ? Have you used any other AMPs before it ?

I use a Schiit Asgard 2 with mine. It would seem to be way more than what it needs, but it scales up nicely. The sound is full, complete, easy... And most all of that treble hump is gone. These benefit from a lot of current, actually sounding more comfortable. On high gain, I rarely even get to 11 o'clock on the volume.

Aug 30, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #442 of 984
Has anyone had any issues connecting the bluemini to multiple devices? (Not at simultaneously)

I’ll have it paired with my laptop (not connected) and then pair it to my phone successfully. Under the Bluetooth settings, it’ll indicate connected but if I try and play Tidal to it, no sound comes out and it’s nowhere to be found when I pull up the list of BT devices to connect to.

Is the Bluemini incapable of pairing to more than one device?

Sep 2, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #443 of 984
It's been a week since I receive my set of Deva. While I'm impressed with the SQ via BT, I wonder how it compares to HD 6XX when connected to cable. It's been a while I sold my HD 650 but I've been missing it.
Does anyone have both Deva and HD 6XX to give me a simple comparison? I listen to jazz, classical and kpop.

Sep 2, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #444 of 984
It's been a week since I receive my set of Deva. While I'm impressed with the SQ via BT, I wonder how it compares to HD 6XX when connected to cable. It's been a while I sold my HD 650 but I've been missing it.
Does anyone have both Deva and HD 6XX to give me a simple comparison? I listen to jazz, classical and kpop.

I certainly can’t offer the way of comparison, but if you haven’t seen this review

I would suggest you take a look and see if it gives you a glimpse of the answer you’re looking for.

Sep 3, 2020 at 12:28 AM Post #445 of 984
For anyone else that hates the blinking blue light on the Bluemini in dark environments, this might provide a removable solution for you:

IMG_6721.jpeg
IMG_6720.jpeg

It's a camera cover. Unfortunately it covers up the mic, but I personally don't use the Deva to make calls anyway so it doesn't bother me. However, if I really wanted to I could easily remove the cover to do so.

Sep 3, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #446 of 984
I have both the Devas and the HD650. I would agree that the HD650 sounds warmer and more natural, but the Devas are much more exciting. Very clean, crisp, sharp, and more dynamic. Definitely more open. I've barely picked up my 650s since I got the Devas.

Sep 3, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #449 of 984
I have both the Devas and the HD650. I would agree that the HD650 sounds warmer and more natural, but the Devas are much more exciting. Very clean, crisp, sharp, and more dynamic. Definitely more open. I've barely picked up my 650s since I got the Devas.

once I got introduced with many planars my HD650 shifted into a sleeping beauty in box hahaha.

Sep 8, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #450 of 984
Hi all. I am a bit surprised how good the Bluemini module really is. I have Chord Mojo and Sony NW-507 and I am not able to match the tonality Im getting with USB cable and Bluemini. With 4.4.mm cable I get a bit more slam but even with the Sony NW507 equalizer the tonality of Bluemini is difficult to match for me. It just sounds different. And I tend to prefer Bluemini sound.... which I didnt expect at all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back