Hifiman DEVA - Official Thread
Aug 19, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #422 of 984
Can someone confirm if the highs on the Deva are harsh and sibilant-y or if they are smooth and warm? Seems hard to get a de facto response on this.

Aug 19, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #423 of 984
Can someone confirm if the highs on the Deva are harsh and sibilant-y or if they are smooth and warm? Seems hard to get a de facto response on this.
I'm not sure either is accurate. I don't hear any sibliance. But I wouldn't call them warm either. Smooth sounds right. I have only listened over the bluemini so far but they lean toward bright but not harsh in any way.

Aug 19, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #424 of 984
I'll say that I personally found the highs harsh and ended up returning the Deva. I do have pretty sensitive ears, but even on the lowest possible volume a 30 minute listening session would leave me with ear discomfort. Ended up getting the Audio Technica R70X and paired with the same DAC/Amp I'm able to listen all day without discomfort.

Aug 20, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #428 of 984
Well alright then:)
I guess you said it yourself: it’s strange how we all perceive sound. Yet it can also be very helpful to figure out whom your tastes line up with, because, judging by the above, it seems we differ and go for different signatures.
I happen to think of the HD600 and R70x as the two most natural sounding headphones I’ve listened to, which is why I own both.

Aug 20, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #430 of 984
OK , it is very strange how we people perceive sound.
For some people, two sugars in their coffee is too much. Others, not enough. Some like none. Also think of bass as gravy (or chocolate sauce) and EQ/tubes as salt and pepper.

HD600 is neutral but not natural.
It has a hot area that a lot of people find troublesome.
That would be the 'no sugar' people.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #432 of 984
Anyone using toneboosters EQ on USB Audio Pro with their Deva? If so, can you share some settings for a moderate bass boost? I'm not proficient in parametric EQs.

Using the wavelet app over the bluemini allows me to bump the bass nicely. I have noticed some clipping/distortion if you go too high.

Thanks.

Aug 20, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #434 of 984

Users who are viewing this thread

Back