Hifiman DEVA - Official Thread
Feb 21, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #646 of 984
I realize this is probably a longshot but just gonna throw it out there. Anyone in this thread prefer to use the deva in wired mode and interested in parting with the Bluemini? or trading something for the deva and Bluemini?

Feb 21, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #648 of 984
Hi there :)

I just posted my review of the wired Deva - enjoy :)

https://ear-fidelity.com/2021/02/21/hifiman-deva-wired/

DSCF0511.jpg
Hmm. Great review. you really think the Deva is better at front to back staging than the 800? Honestly i came here hoping i could figure out a way to just get the bluemini, but i haven't completely ruled out buying these headphones. Have you heard LCD1 or AFO 1st gen? could these best the AFO in your opinion? Is the treble similar to the LCD1? The latter I wanted more treble on.

Feb 28, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #650 of 984
I suppose this is a long shot, because so far I haven't seen it available anywhere, but does anybody know if the Bluemini is available for purchase separately? I bought the wired Deva when I got a good price, but now I think I'd like to add the Bluemini. I've gotten a bit hooked on TWS earbuds and I'd love to have similar convenience with my Deva.

Feb 28, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #651 of 984
I suppose this is a long shot, because so far I haven't seen it available anywhere, but does anybody know if the Bluemini is available for purchase separately? I bought the wired Deva when I got a good price, but now I think I'd like to add the Bluemini. I've gotten a bit hooked on TWS earbuds and I'd love to have similar convenience with my Deva.
Far as I know - no one is selling. Hope my Bluemini lasts because that is an important function for me. You might email them and ask. Never know.

Feb 28, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #652 of 984
Have you checked with Hifiman?

I believe only DEVA use this Bluemini. And that has only being out less than 1 year. So there is unlikely to be any on the used market. Good luck.

Mar 3, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #655 of 984

DSCF0511.jpg
Great review! These have been my go-to headphones when at home (or around the house). They have taken the spot from my Senn HD700 and my beloved (still) HE400S both. I'm not saying these are end game for me, but atm I am in no hurry to spend more money on over ears. I DO like to boost the bass region a bit to get a bit more of that wonderful planar bass. To me the mids are similar to my HE400S, and the treble is just a bit warmer (but still detailed).

I was surprised to read that you thought the soundstaging depth is bigger than the HD800. I have not heard them, but I have the HD700, and have read that they are not far away from the HD800 is soundstaging. I haven't found anything with a better soundstage than my HD700 (which is why they have been MY goto for gaming and movies). You have me curious, and now I feel like comparing them (in this regard).

Mar 18, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #656 of 984
My DIY cable (3.5mm BAL to 2.5mm BAL) with MEE Audio Adaptors...

Wireless or not...this DEVA rocks...

DIY Cable.jpg

DEVA.jpg

Mar 20, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #657 of 984

DSCF0511.jpg
Thank you for the review I noticed you use them for gaming and just curious what amp/dac do you recommend. I was about to get the zen dac and amp and looking for a 3rd party company for a balanced cable. Also for gaming do you use any surround sound software for example waves nx or DTS x

thanks for the help

Mar 21, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #658 of 984
Thank you for the review I noticed you use them for gaming and just curious what amp/dac do you recommend. I was about to get the zen dac and amp and looking for a 3rd party company for a balanced cable. Also for gaming do you use any surround sound software for example waves nx or DTS x

thanks for the help
Hi there!

AS for the amp/dac recommendation, they sing with my JDSLabs Atom stack, totally recommended :)

As for the surround sound software - no, not even close. Actually, I only play Hunt Showdown, which has a 10/10 binaural audio so I don't even need one :wink:

Cheers!

Apr 2, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #659 of 984
Just picked up a pair of Deva last week. Everything was great for several days. But then I started having problems. Only use it as a Bluetooth headphone. Have it paired with my iPhone and iPad. When I go to listen to a different song, it mutes the volume. Have to pause and then hit play again for it to work. Does this for maybe an hour. Then it works fine again for a short time. Then back to the muting. Bought from Amazon, so they sent me another pair. Same thing right away. Have several other bluetooth headphones and they all work fine. I really do enjoy the sound, but this problem is a total deal breaker. Anyone have a fix? Tried asking Hifiman, but haven't heard back yet.

Apr 2, 2021 at 10:11 PM Post #660 of 984
Just picked up a pair of Deva last week. Everything was great for several days. But then I started having problems. Only use it as a Bluetooth headphone. Have it paired with my iPhone and iPad. When I go to listen to a different song, it mutes the volume. Have to pause and then hit play again for it to work. Does this for maybe an hour. Then it works fine again for a short time. Then back to the muting. Bought from Amazon, so they sent me another pair. Same thing right away. Have several other bluetooth headphones and they all work fine. I really do enjoy the sound, but this problem is a total deal breaker. Anyone have a fix? Tried asking Hifiman, but haven't heard back yet.
I do have problems when more than one device that it's paired with is trying to connect to it. Are both your iphone and ipad trying to connect to it at the same time. Try turning the bluetooth on device you are not connected to off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back