HIFIMAN AUDIVINA&EF600 Now Open for Pre-order!
Mar 16, 2023 at 11:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14
Dear Headfiers:

We are excited to announce that our new products Audivina and EF600 are now available for pre-order!

Don't hesitate to place orders now!

AUDIVINA: https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/audivina.html

EF600: https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/ef600.html

pre-order.jpg

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Mar 17, 2023 at 7:34 PM Post #5 of 14
So what is the output impedance of EF600? Same as EF400..? Is the DAC exactly the same, as well?

Mar 21, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #6 of 14
hi there, the DAC in the EF600 is similar but its gets a few upgrades, the most important of which being the resistors used get a bump to 0.01% grade, meaning that there is less scope for variability giving much better accuracy in output. Hence this is the Hymalaya Pro vs the non Pro in the EF400..... in short, its better.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Mar 23, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #7 of 14
hi there, the DAC in the EF600 is similar but its gets a few upgrades, the most important of which being the resistors used get a bump to 0.01% grade, meaning that there is less scope for variability giving much better accuracy in output. Hence this is the Hymalaya Pro vs the non Pro in the EF400..... in short, its better.
I’m hoping at some point for a stand alone hymalaya pro DAC

Apr 2, 2023 at 11:59 PM Post #8 of 14
You ever wonder why their headphones cost so much but nothing goes into their website / e-commerce ? I admit - some of them sound pretty good - I've owned a few. Owning them though, you don't think they are a buy it for life type of product.
They sound extremely well, I tried many other planar brands, and none m them I liked. Literaly none.

The Arya Stealth and above I love, detail and signature soundwise. Only brand that sound planar good as well, the highest model is from Meze. The rest either too dark black background nice, but in cost of detail no! , or too focus on bass (yes world is bass bass bass bass happy, I’m one of the few that’s not.

So soundwise I can understand, but they could make a little durable/design wise stronger headphones, but that maybe also add weight, with some planar brand headphone it feels like you wear a brick in weight on your head. So I personally would hate that. Like the Audeze, love the design, durable YES the weight? NO feels to heavy.

So what is the reason, maybe harder to produce? they are not extreme expensive compared to other brands, not if you compare sound quality at the same time.
Only the higher models. But if you buy an Arya stealth or v2, sounds amazing and still affordable.

On the lower models they should do better, the ananda stealth for example, to flaky headband and breakable for the money, sound good but for the price the headband etc… should be better. I returned the ananda for that reason, comfort and durability, arya is different.

But I agree, they could make it look a little bit better, just to make them look more luxury, which I agree don’t really yet. But they sound amazing, and that is what counts the most

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #9 of 14
You only post in iFi, Hifiman, and Shure SE846 threads. You're not comparing anything - you're just saying words.

Your bio doesn't list anything - just sounds like you are excited any happy that your purchase didn't let you down completely.

Apr 3, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #10 of 14
You only post in iFi, Hifiman, and Shure SE846 threads. You're not comparing anything - you're just saying words.

Your bio doesn't list anything - just sounds like you are excited any happy that your purchase didn't let you down completely.
Yes. He’s saying words. His words are expressing his happiness and thoughts about his gear.

You are saying words. Your words are insulting, rude, and utterly pointless. I know which words help community and which words are those of a bitter and sad person. You don’t have to be that guy.

Apr 4, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #11 of 14
@TeamHiFiMAN Does the EF600 have preamp function or only fixed lineout like the EF400?

Apr 10, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #12 of 14

I don’t list anything in my bio, why should I? I bought a lot of items and returned them just as fast as well, those go from meze to audeze, electrostatic headphones (which sound even better than planar but are unpractical) I love my martin logans speakers though.

I owned focals, got fed up of them after weeks. Way to many headphone choose either to much treble or way to much focus on bass bass bass.

So definatelly not saying just words, but I do think to many products don’t focus on what is really there, I am at a orchestra and jazz bands weekly so I know what real instruments should sound like, a lot of the headphones of amps just don’t hifiman, and in this example se846 do. And I have not heared all of them, so there might be more brands that focus on neutral with a tint of warmth.

I even tried 2800 euro IEM’s and know they did not focus in realistic presentation, a lot of the times focus on bass or treble to much forward.

Than again, music is a personal thing, and if you love a device, nomather if it is correct real sounding or not, does not matter. As long as you are happy with it.

So my advice don’t judge someone just because I only post on a few threads.

And on some points I have a real hard opinion and that is for example the price point they focus on, making it unreachable for a lot of people. (And having worked in selling that stuff a lot of brands force on sometimes margin’s of 80 to 90% which is in my opinion disgusting and making it too niche on purpose, B&W speakers for example is arrogant like that, I sold the diamond series the margins where forced upon the shop 3800 euro per speaker that js 6400 euro on speakers sold for 12000 a pair, that is just disgusting with al do respect in percentage not even sports car charge that!

So certeanly not bitter, just saying what I think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back