Hifiman Arya vs. Arya "Revision"
Jul 18, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #46 of 94
Got them new today. Sound is amazing. Best I've heard so far. Question: The "mesh" is a little uneaven at one side. Is that a problem? its at the bottom.
A few of the owners reported the same, but it doesn't affect the Sound Performance of the Headphone in any way, AFAIK. You should post at the official Hifiman Arya thread, and would be welcome to do so :)
Good day

Jul 18, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #47 of 94
Got them new today. Sound is amazing. Best I've heard so far. Question: The "mesh" is a little uneaven at one side. Is that a problem? its at the bottom.

It’s most likely going to be a cosmetic thing. If you can include a photo, I might be able to say if it’s a defect or not.
Glad you like them.. they get better and better as you break them in as well so you still have more to look forward to :)

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #48 of 94
20200718_133716.jpg20200718_133728.jpg

Jul 18, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #50 of 94
Under that bottom part of the cup is the extension of the 3.5mm socket. I also noticed it in my HEK V2 which is also revised with the same felt mesh, 3.5mm socket, and the fixed inner felt mesh over the driver instead of the one attached with the pads. Makes me wonder if the HEK V2 still has any difference sound wise vs Arya.

Massive sound difference between the Arya and HEX v2 - have no doubt.

The HEX v2 has a thicker membrane. It's got less impact in the bass, altthough output levels similar. It's got a bigger trough in the upper mids than the Arya, and w/o EQ its got less sense of dynamics and life. The treble has less detail than the Arya. Even with EQ, the HEX is just lesser in highs.

Arya is distinctly brighter and move alive - similar to the average good HFM can, but it has a big blip in the 4.5-5k area which is not so common.

With no extras a 3 yr old HEX will run about $650-675. If you have an EQ and use it then I'd say if money is an issue (yes it is for everyone, but I mean a bit over that) then the HEX is a better deal. If you've got the dough and like a lively can (like most people do these days since everyone has listened to electrified music almost their entire lives) then get the Arya. Tame it with EQ and you've got probably the best can under $2k that there is.

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:21 AM Post #53 of 94
I have had a version 1 of Aryas for nearly half a year and now after the driver failure on the left one i became a brand new set of v2 Aryas from the warranty claim. Their consumer support is very good, i must admit this.

I agree, there is a sound difference between them - the v2s have a bit bigger and deeper bass and rounder, a bit more polished highs, they may seem to be a hair slower in the impact too. They are really very friendly to my ears even at high volumes. Otherwise they are nearly identical in terms of detail, soundstage etc. Actually i prefer soundwise the v2 version by a small margin - they are really very musical and the treble is very impressive (on v1s it was sometimes too bell-like and even could be agressive).

And yes, the pads on v2 version are much thicker and harder.

Sep 21, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #55 of 94
is that a 1000se? We’re those revised too?

wondering out loud, does the new material protect the drivers better? Seems like it would stop dust and debris better?

I've noticed that the HE1000SE also got a similar revision. I've seen the patented mesh vs the cloth mesh on this model.. in fact.. even the Susvara appears to have this same revision. Basically.. this opens up a whole can of questions on how each model comepares before vs after revision. I'm sure this something we want to spend time figuring out and driving ourselves crazy over when dropping 3-6k on a headphone lol... Good times..

Oct 25, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #56 of 94
I was going to buy the Arya, but after this thread not anymore. Very strange. Not only that they look awfull with that new cloth or mesh but there seems to be a audible difference...
My 2 cents, I bought the v2 Arya about 1 month ago and i love it.

Nov 29, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #58 of 94
@XGeneX88 @TeamHiFiMAN

About to purchase an Arya.
From what I read the manufacture date should be on the box.
Is it on the outside and where can I find it without opening the box?
Does anyone have a picture?

I think it might be a sticker on some boxes? I’m honestly not sure. I have the v1 Arya and I couldn’t find a date anywhere on my unit (in or out of the box).

Nov 29, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #59 of 94
Nov 29, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #60 of 94

Users who are viewing this thread

Back